Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 won't install on my new build

Last response: in Windows 7
June 15, 2012 11:15:25 AM

My computer wont install windows when I put the windows 7 disc in. I will put it in then it will tell me to press any key to continue and I press a key and then it will spin the disc for a few seconds then tell me to put in media again and press a key. I just cant figure out how to install windows on my ASRock 970 Extreme 3

More about : windows install build

June 15, 2012 11:16:52 AM

Maybe if someone can please skype me to see the problem and just help me out like that. I am really stressed that I spent money on this and it wont do the simplest thing to install windows
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2012 11:21:38 AM

it sounds like your computer is having trouble reading that disc. Make sure it doesn't have any scratches. if you burned the disc, try another blank media and burn it at a slow 2X speed. It is also possible that it could be the data cable between the optical drive and system board, or the optical drive itself.
m
l
Related resources
June 15, 2012 11:34:29 AM

I burned the disc of DreamSpark for college. I put the motherboard driver CD in there and it will show all this text and just restart. There are no scratches on the windows 7 disc, for some reason the computer just wont read it. If you could add me on skype that would be great so I can show you the problem or something like that. Skype: DancesWithSmurf
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2012 11:41:00 AM

look at the windows 7 cd..if it says upgrade it wont boot. it has to be full version retail or oem. if you have a 4g usb stick you can use the microsoft usb tool and make a bootable usb windows install.
m
l
!