Madden 2005 won't work...any ideas?

Last response: in Video Games
September 16, 2004 3:13:53 AM

This is the weirdest thing....I installed the game (all 3 discs). No errors.
When I try to play the game...the EA Sports screen comes up and then the
intro video.

When it goes to the loading screen...the little red bar goes almost to the
end and then ....NOTHING! CD rom stops running...game just crashes. I have
never experienced anything like this before.

After install/uninstall 3 times...I even returned it to Best Buy and got
another one. Same problem.

I have no idea what to do now.

I am running an ATI x800 Pro (just got it). I also am using the Cat 4.9s.

Any ideas...please...I am dying to play this game!

Nit

(NHL 2005 works great)

More about : madden 2005 work ideas

Anonymous
September 16, 2004 3:27:29 AM

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:13:53 -0400, "Darren Goldberg"
<noahdg@comcast.net> wrote:

>This is the weirdest thing....I installed the game (all 3 discs). No errors.
>When I try to play the game...the EA Sports screen comes up and then the
>intro video.
>
>When it goes to the loading screen...the little red bar goes almost to the
>end and then ....NOTHING! CD rom stops running...game just crashes. I have
>never experienced anything like this before.
>
>After install/uninstall 3 times...I even returned it to Best Buy and got
>another one. Same problem.
>
>I have no idea what to do now.
>
>I am running an ATI x800 Pro (just got it). I also am using the Cat 4.9s.
>
>Any ideas...please...I am dying to play this game!

Try updating the game *first*; there's a patch already which fixes the
defense fatigue/multiple shift formation bug. That worked for me. I
had catalyst 4.1 (!!) and didn't know they updated to 4.9. Now I have
it and the game runs like a charm (P4, 3.2 ghz, 128MB Vram, a gig of
actual RAM)

Paul
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 1:24:50 AM

"Darren Goldberg" <noahdg@comcast.net> wrote in message
> This is the weirdest thing....I installed the game (all 3 discs). No
errors.
> When I try to play the game...the EA Sports screen comes up and then the
> intro video.
>
> When it goes to the loading screen...the little red bar goes almost to
the
> end and then ....NOTHING! CD rom stops running...game just crashes. I
have
> never experienced anything like this before.
>
> After install/uninstall 3 times...I even returned it to Best Buy and got
> another one. Same problem.
>
> I have no idea what to do now.
>
> I am running an ATI x800 Pro (just got it). I also am using the Cat
4.9s.

> Any ideas...please...I am dying to play this game!
>
> Nit
>
> (NHL 2005 works great)

Have you tried this?

September 19, 2004 6:20:20 PM

Sounds to me like a video problem. It's crashing at the point the
resolution and refresh changes to the game settings, and they may not be
compatible with your monitor's especially if you have an LCD. It's happened
to me before in BF1942 on my daughter's system with an LCD.

Dirk

!