Sign in with
Your question

Virus in my netbook

Last response: in Windows 7
June 15, 2012 1:11:49 PM

Hello,
I got a virus or a worm on my notebook even if I have Virus Buster program installed. When I ran the scan with the Virus Buster installed on my computer, it showed it was deleting suspicious files. It got more than 100 of them. The scanning couldn't complete and stopped in the middle.
When I called Trend Micro they ran a 'house call' scan and that completed. It didn't find ANY threats though. Any ideas how that can be and what went wrong?

More about : virus netbook

Related resources
June 15, 2012 1:31:40 PM

Best way to be sure that virus is all gone is to do a system recovery to factory settings. The downside is that you lose all personal data. So if you do this, backup your personal stuff.

m
l
June 15, 2012 1:38:47 PM

makayla... if u have a netbook, i would suggest u look into just install ubuntu on it...
pretty much virus free and its great for netbooks...

windows isnt very netbook friendly in my opinion...

other than that, factory reset i would suggest
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2012 2:26:13 PM

Hi

this link goes to a well respected web site and lists genuine & rogue/fake anti malware programs

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#tr...

For Windows PC's on the Internet you need the Internet Security Suite not just Anti Virus software.

Some companies do a Netbook version which uses less memory. (usefull if Windows 7 or Vista and 1GB of RAM)
(an extra 1GB is often easy to install and makes a big difference in performance, though the DIMM slot on Netbooks is often harder to get at than on Laptops)

Some one suggested installing Linux on a Netbook, OK if a Netbook version with lots of netbook drivers
(Network, Wireless, bluetooth etc).
But remember UNIX/ Linux systems have been hit by Worms in the past.

I have not mentioned any brand of AV software as some people seem to think their own favorite product is the best and anything else is no good. Most AV programs have at some time deleted critical Windows components, crippling the Windows PC.
The important thing is what they do to help you sort out the problem and how quickly.

regards

Mike Barnes
m
l
!