WhatsUp Gold 8 and Sprint PCS

Last response: in Network Providers
July 27, 2004 7:20:26 PM

has anyone been able to get the SMS notifications to work with Sprint? If
so, I would appreciate a tip or two. Thanks.
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 7:38:46 PM

Bill Thomas <bthomas@tca.net> wrote:
> has anyone been able to get the SMS notifications to work with Sprint? If
> so, I would appreciate a tip or two. Thanks.

What do you find isn't working? SMS works fine on my phone.

July 27, 2004 7:47:49 PM

When I set up the SMS notification and run the test, it always fails. I can
get the email notification to work but not SMS. Are you using the dial or
email option? What number do you have for the dial option? Which SMS
script are you using?

"Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
> Bill Thomas <bthomas@tca.net> wrote:
>> has anyone been able to get the SMS notifications to work with Sprint?
>> If
>> so, I would appreciate a tip or two. Thanks.
>
> What do you find isn't working? SMS works fine on my phone.
>
> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
> sjsobol@JustThe.net
> PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
> Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
July 27, 2004 11:54:57 PM

Bill Thomas <bthomas@nogonnadoit.com> wrote:
> When I set up the SMS notification and run the test, it always fails. I can
> get the email notification to work but not SMS. Are you using the dial or
> email option? What number do you have for the dial option? Which SMS
> script are you using?

I'm not using WhatsUp Gold. If you have a dialup option in that program,
it may require the phone number of a TAP server. Sprint has such a number
available, and it's toll free...

"Just in case: 888-656-1727
7-E-1, TAP protocol version 1.5"

From Rob V (O/Siris), in message

<ee20b318058fdc01d0a1a3e4483d440a@news.teranews.com>

BTW Rob, to answer your question, yes, I'm still interested in the software
if you can get it (or at least get me some info about it).

July 28, 2004 2:44:16 AM

run test?

dial or email?

dial option?

scripts?

What the heck are you trying to do? Connect using an analog modem?

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:47:49 -0500, "Bill Thomas"
<bthomas@nogonnadoit.com> wrote:

>When I set up the SMS notification and run the test, it always fails. I can
>get the email notification to work but not SMS. Are you using the dial or
>email option? What number do you have for the dial option? Which SMS
>script are you using?
>
>"Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
>> Bill Thomas <bthomas@tca.net> wrote:
>>> has anyone been able to get the SMS notifications to work with Sprint?
>>> If
>>> so, I would appreciate a tip or two. Thanks.
>>
>> What do you find isn't working? SMS works fine on my phone.
>>
>> --
>> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
>> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
>> sjsobol@JustThe.net
>> PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
>> Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 9:29:01 AM

For the terminal server and password, I use my Sprint phone number.

sms-tap and I use 8-n-1 .

YMMV though, but it didn't take too long to get this to work.

Scotty

> Bill Thomas <bthomas@nogonnadoit.com> wrote:
> > When I set up the SMS notification and run the test, it always fails. I
can
> > get the email notification to work but not SMS. Are you using the dial
or
> > email option? What number do you have for the dial option? Which SMS
> > script are you using?
>
> I'm not using WhatsUp Gold. If you have a dialup option in that program,
> it may require the phone number of a TAP server. Sprint has such a number
> available, and it's toll free...
>
> "Just in case: 888-656-1727
> 7-E-1, TAP protocol version 1.5"
>
> From Rob V (O/Siris), in message
>
> <ee20b318058fdc01d0a1a3e4483d440a@news.teranews.com>
>
> BTW Rob, to answer your question, yes, I'm still interested in the
software
> if you can get it (or at least get me some info about it).
>

> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
sjsobol@JustThe.net
> PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
> Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 10:36:52 AM

In article <nNGdnULF6uz8ZJvcRVn-uA@lmi.net>, Steven J
Sobolsjsobol@JustThe.net says...
> BTW Rob, to answer your question, yes, I'm still interested in the software
> if you can get it (or at least get me some info about it).

Gonna have to search back, Steve. I'm not "in" anymore,
but I posted what I knew a couple of weeks back. If I find
it again, I'll repost it with a PING to you.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Thanks guys! That answered all my questions. I really appreciate it.

!