It's v.1.114SP

Any reason to get it upgraded to 1.116?

-Mark

"MRS" <tabcourt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:410a6b2d$0$2825$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> It's v.1.114SP
>
> Any reason to get it upgraded to 1.116?
>
> -Mark

Yes ... SPCS wouldn't be creating new firmware upgrades, unless bugs were
found in prior firmware versions.

Go down to your local SPCS store and ask them to upgrade the firmware on
your phone. Have them upload the PRL as well, if you are below ver. 10024.

Bob

1.116SP has a feature that when you receive a call that's from a number
that's not in your phonebook, the two-letter abbreviation for the state
that matches the incoming call's Area Code will apear on the display (in
very tiny letters).

In article <410a6b2d$0$2825$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>, tabcourt@hotmail.com
says...
> It's v.1.114SP
>
> Any reason to get it upgraded to 1.116?
>
> -Mark

I've got to partially disagree with Bob Smith. Yes, there's *a* reason
to do it. Maybe more than one. But if your phone doesn't bug you, then
I'd instead say don't fix what ain't broken. Just like reinstalling the
operating system on a PC, it's not without *some* risk. If you're doing
fine, then act accordingly. IMO.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792

In article <cef8dc$ad7$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>,
Frank Harris <frankbhX@XcompuserveX.com> says:

>1.116SP has a feature that when you receive a call that's from a number
>that's not in your phonebook, the two-letter abbreviation for the state
>that matches the incoming call's Area Code will apear on the display (in
>very tiny letters).

FWIW, 1.115SP does this, too (but displays the entire state name). What
I found fascinating is I got a call from someone in the 951 area code,
which was just assigned not too long ago to Riverside CO, CA, and the
phone knew that. I guess either these things are carried in the PRL, or
the A/C split's been in the pipeline for a long time.

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (310) 391-1898

Kenneth Crudup <kenny@panix.com> wrote:

> FWIW, 1.115SP does this, too (but displays the entire state name). What
> I found fascinating is I got a call from someone in the 951 area code,
> which was just assigned not too long ago to Riverside CO, CA, and the
> phone knew that. I guess either these things are carried in the PRL, or
> the A/C split's been in the pipeline for a long time.

Probably the latter. It was actually in the pipeline a year or two ago
and the split got delayed, IIRC.