TW 2005 Intro

Break dancin' fat golfers ??? Wtf is that all about ?
Great game, though.

"redTed" <redted@nthelloworld.com> wrote in message
> Break dancin' fat golfers ??? Wtf is that all about ?
> Great game, though.

Same old game, as far as I can see. Worse even, with the odd career mode.

Links still is way better, especially now with this new "mod" soon to be
released, which improves the ball physics and difficulty of the game.

I don't see anything much different in TW this year. I would agree that
tempo with the TrueSwing plays more of a part in effecting a good swing, but
besides that the game hasn't changed.

Give me one-hundred rounds in this game and I'd probably be shooting a 62
average. It's way too easy, even at expert, tiger-proofing (a dumb idea)
notwithstanding.

Alanb

> Same old game, as far as I can see. Worse even, with the odd career mode.
>
> Links still is way better, especially now with this new "mod" soon to be
> released, which improves the ball physics and difficulty of the game.
>
> I don't see anything much different in TW this year. I would agree that
> tempo with the TrueSwing plays more of a part in effecting a good swing,
> but besides that the game hasn't changed.
>
> Give me one-hundred rounds in this game and I'd probably be shooting a 62
> average. It's way too easy, even at expert, tiger-proofing (a dumb idea)
> notwithstanding.

Links is cool. A bit too "static", but I like it.

What about this bloody intro ,though !!!???

> Links is cool. A bit too "static", but I like it.
>
> What about this bloody intro ,though !!!???

I haven't seen the intro, sorry. Some of them that I have taken the time to
view haven't been too bad. I liked the one where Woods is up against a tree
and has to hit the ball left-handed with a right-handed club.

Overall the game is well optimized and polished and runs very well on my
medium machine. I just don't like the feel of the game-- it isn't golf.
Too easy, virtually no lie effect. The game plays nearly the same no matter
the conditions. Same stuff, four years removed from the last Links PC
version.

Alanb

"Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net> wrote in message
> Give me one-hundred rounds in this game and I'd probably be shooting a 62
> average. It's way too easy, even at expert, tiger-proofing (a dumb idea)
> notwithstanding.

We aren't playing the same game.

In simulation mode on intermediate I am lucky to get 75. In the career
mode I'm getting about 70-72 average. It is not a simple game to play,
unless you are using a straight edge for the mouse swing.

Yes, those scores aren't as low as what I'm get in Links 2003... so what?
Tiger Woods 2004 has been a good golf game, nonetheless. If I wanted to
f*$k up every shot, I'll play real golf...

> If I wanted to f*$k up every shot, I'll play real golf...

Lol, so very true.

"magnulus" <magnulus@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> "Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net> wrote in message
>> Give me one-hundred rounds in this game and I'd probably be shooting a 62
>> average. It's way too easy, even at expert, tiger-proofing (a dumb idea)
>> notwithstanding.
>
> We aren't playing the same game.
>
> In simulation mode on intermediate I am lucky to get 75. In the career
> mode I'm getting about 70-72 average. It is not a simple game to play,
> unless you are using a straight edge for the mouse swing.
>
> Yes, those scores aren't as low as what I'm get in Links 2003... so what?
> Tiger Woods 2004 has been a good golf game, nonetheless. If I wanted to
> f*$k up every shot, I'll play real golf...

Fair assessment. I just have always preferred Links. TW is fun but I'm
lookin' for a game that is more true to the sport (or whatever you call it).

TW comes out every year, and EA wants gamers to fork out another 40 bills
for what is essentially the same game. A change here or there-- an update,
if you will: I just can't justify the cost against the benefits.

> TW comes out every year, and EA wants gamers to fork out another 40 bills
> for what is essentially the same game. A change here or there-- an
update,
> if you will: I just can't justify the cost against the benefits.

That's why I haven't bought it yet. I'm looking to try and find out what
exactly has changed before I part with 40 dollars.

EA has the wrong idea about golf games; they aren't just another sports
games. I would think roster updates don't matter too much to people who
play golf games, so unless the game is actually better, it's not going to
sell.

Andrew

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:32:41 -0400, "magnulus"
<magnulus@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> EA has the wrong idea about golf games; they aren't just another sports
>games. I would think roster updates don't matter too much to people who
>play golf games, so unless the game is actually better, it's not going to
>sell.

Actually I think golf games are easier to sell without major
improvements, usually they come with different courses so after a year
of playing one set of courses to death a customer would probably like
a new set of courses even without a major update in the game. I
usually get every other years EA sports games, usually when the
graphics engine has been updated.

> Actually I think golf games are easier to sell without major
> improvements, usually they come with different courses so after a year
> of playing one set of courses to death a customer would probably like
> a new set of courses even without a major update in the game. I
> usually get every other years EA sports games, usually when the
> graphics engine has been updated.

That's usually what the course editors and fan community are for.

Although, Links is much better in this respect. The editor is alot harder
to use that TW, but the courses are easier to package. With Tiger Woods,
there is a confusing mess of libraries a person has to install to put in
custom content. The majority of people are going to want to play custom
courses, not build them, so that makes Links better for custom content.