Sprint phones have PRL list?

Last response: in Network Providers
July 31, 2004 12:52:07 AM

Does Sprint have PRL updates that need to be downloaded to the phone
like Verizon? If so, how do you activate?

Thanks!

More about : sprint phones prl list

Anonymous
July 31, 2004 12:52:08 AM

Bob Keenan <rckeenan@nnospammyahoo.com> wrote:
> Does Sprint have PRL updates that need to be downloaded to the phone
> like Verizon? If so, how do you activate?

Yes. Activate by calling *2 and asking a CSR to flag your phone for a PRL
update. Then wait a few minutes after the end of the call, and call *2 again,
and on the second call the PRL will automatically be downloaded to your phone.
Not quite as convenient as Verizon's method, but Sprint releases new PRLs
much less frequently than Verizon.

July 31, 2004 5:50:11 AM

"Bob Keenan" <rckeenan@NNoSPAMMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does Sprint have PRL updates that need to be downloaded to the phone
> like Verizon? If so, how do you activate?
>
> Thanks!

If you are aware of a new PRL that's been issued, call *2 while you have a
strong signal. It should recognize that you have an old PRL and start
downloading. Takes a minute to complete. If the call instead goes to
Claire's voice prompt, say PRL, and you should be directed to a CS rep. Tell
him you want to flag all the phones on your account for the new PRL.

Once that's done, wait five minutes, then call *2 again. The new PRL should
start to download.

Bob
!