Alice gfx twitches

c6burns

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
Hey all,

I just grabbed a copy of American McGee's Alice. Wonderful game, but it's not running so well on XP. It didn't on Win2k either. Just wondering how to pinpoint some gfx glitches.

Everytime there's a complicated level (ie. an outdoorsy spot with alot of little surfaces to render) things get a bit twitchy. It almost looks like the depths are being rendered improperly, or texture mapped improperly. But it twitches whether I am moving the mouse or not!

Also, the health meter does not display, and the weapon meter does not work! This is less important.

My setup:
p750
geforce2 MX
256M ram
WinXP

Thanks all!

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I only played Alice once, on a friend's computer. He had a Duron 850 and a GF2 Ultra (go figure), using Win2k sp2.

It rokked. Absolutlely smooth, even on the heavy action areas with big explosions (we were cheating at the time). As far as the twiches, that sounds like the Q3 engine. Since I usually play games that have the Unreal engine, I'm not sure; I seem to recall a game doing that once quite a while back.

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Is it like someone is taking a vertex and like yanking it 100 feet then kinda wiggling it around?

Check those graphics drivers.