Remote Access using MN-700

Last response: in Networking
May 24, 2004 3:46:30 PM

I have a DSL connection with a Westell modem connected to
my Microsoft Wireless Network using a MN-700 base
station. Can I set up Remote Access to access my desktop
pc when I take my laptop on the road? Or does the built
in firewall in the MN-700 prohibit this or require
special settings? Thanks.

More about : remote access 700

Anonymous
May 24, 2004 11:49:04 PM

As long as your PC is running Windows XP Pro, you can connect via Remote
Desktop.

You'll need to forward port 3389 to the lan ip of the computer running
remote desktop.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -