Remote Access using MN-700

I have a DSL connection with a Westell modem connected to
my Microsoft Wireless Network using a MN-700 base
station. Can I set up Remote Access to access my desktop
pc when I take my laptop on the road? Or does the built
in firewall in the MN-700 prohibit this or require
special settings? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about remote access

    As long as your PC is running Windows XP Pro, you can connect via Remote
    Desktop.

    You'll need to forward port 3389 to the lan ip of the computer running
    remote desktop.

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "Bill Neubauer" <wneubauer@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > I have a DSL connection with a Westell modem connected to
    > my Microsoft Wireless Network using a MN-700 base
    > station. Can I set up Remote Access to access my desktop
    > pc when I take my laptop on the road? Or does the built
    > in firewall in the MN-700 prohibit this or require
    > special settings? Thanks.

Routers Remote Access Microsoft Networking