Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Trying again: Looking for a certain Text Sim Boxing game

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 8:05:49 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

I try this about once every few months to try and get new leads on how/where to
track down this damn game.

It is several years old, was a text sim game, and was about boxing. The cost
at the time was way too high for me, 50.00, but it's no longer an issue. It
was incredibly deep with no graphics. You were a manager who had to work from
the ground up and hope that some day you could manage the likes of Tyson,
Lennox Lewis, and other greats. It had like a 3 day trial mode and then it
locked you out until you paid the 50 bucks.

This is not to be confused with the super old but very good similar type of
boxing game with the old school graphics. It is also not to be confused with
the OOTP team's boxing simulation. Though it is good, it's not what I'm
looking for.

If anyone has any leads I'd be very appreciative. If anyone has the game and
wants to sell it I'd be even more appreciative.

Mike

More about : text sim boxing game

October 2, 2004 12:19:45 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

"MikeCouil" <mikecouil@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20041002000549.25170.00001791@mb-m04.aol.com...
> I try this about once every few months to try and get new leads on
how/where to
> track down this damn game.
>
> It is several years old, was a text sim game, and was about boxing. The
cost
> at the time was way too high for me, 50.00, but it's no longer an issue.
It
> was incredibly deep with no graphics. You were a manager who had to work
from
> the ground up and hope that some day you could manage the likes of Tyson,
> Lennox Lewis, and other greats. It had like a 3 day trial mode and then
it
> locked you out until you paid the 50 bucks.
>
> This is not to be confused with the super old but very good similar type
of
> boxing game with the old school graphics. It is also not to be confused
with
> the OOTP team's boxing simulation. Though it is good, it's not what I'm
> looking for.
>
> If anyone has any leads I'd be very appreciative. If anyone has the game
and
> wants to sell it I'd be even more appreciative.

Managers Pro Boxing Sim? Circa 2001 from Total Sim Software?

turk
October 2, 2004 12:25:40 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

"turk" <turk96@attbi.com> wrote in message
news:Bwt7d.305824$Fg5.123132@attbi_s53...
> "MikeCouil" <mikecouil@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:20041002000549.25170.00001791@mb-m04.aol.com...
> > I try this about once every few months to try and get new leads on
> how/where to
> > track down this damn game.
> >
> > It is several years old, was a text sim game, and was about boxing. The
> cost
> > at the time was way too high for me, 50.00, but it's no longer an issue.
> It
> > was incredibly deep with no graphics. You were a manager who had to
work
> from
> > the ground up and hope that some day you could manage the likes of
Tyson,
> > Lennox Lewis, and other greats. It had like a 3 day trial mode and then
> it
> > locked you out until you paid the 50 bucks.
> >
> > This is not to be confused with the super old but very good similar type
> of
> > boxing game with the old school graphics. It is also not to be confused
> with
> > the OOTP team's boxing simulation. Though it is good, it's not what I'm
> > looking for.
> >
> > If anyone has any leads I'd be very appreciative. If anyone has the
game
> and
> > wants to sell it I'd be even more appreciative.
>
> Managers Pro Boxing Sim? Circa 2001 from Total Sim Software?

Or Title Fight Pro Boxing?

http://old.the-underdogs.org/Sport2.htm#Tfpbox

turk
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 8:56:48 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

Title Fight Pro boxing didn't look like it, even though their site is down and
the company appears to have gone under.

Managers pro boxing sim looked promising but the only link I found to the
company and/or the demo is bad. This may just be it.

Anyone know a way to track down a copy of this game?

Mike


>"turk" <turk96@attbi.com> wrote in message
>news:Bwt7d.305824$Fg5.123132@attbi_s53...
>> "MikeCouil" <mikecouil@aol.com> wrote in message
>> news:20041002000549.25170.00001791@mb-m04.aol.com...
>> > I try this about once every few months to try and get new leads on
>> how/where to
>> > track down this damn game.
>> >
>> > It is several years old, was a text sim game, and was about boxing. The
>> cost
>> > at the time was way too high for me, 50.00, but it's no longer an issue.
>> It
>> > was incredibly deep with no graphics. You were a manager who had to
>work
>> from
>> > the ground up and hope that some day you could manage the likes of
>Tyson,
>> > Lennox Lewis, and other greats. It had like a 3 day trial mode and then
>> it
>> > locked you out until you paid the 50 bucks.
>> >
>> > This is not to be confused with the super old but very good similar type
>> of
>> > boxing game with the old school graphics. It is also not to be confused
>> with
>> > the OOTP team's boxing simulation. Though it is good, it's not what I'm
>> > looking for.
>> >
>> > If anyone has any leads I'd be very appreciative. If anyone has the
>game
>> and
>> > wants to sell it I'd be even more appreciative.
>>
>> Managers Pro Boxing Sim? Circa 2001 from Total Sim Software?
>
>Or Title Fight Pro Boxing?
>
>http://old.the-underdogs.org/Sport2.htm#Tfpbox
>
>turk
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
October 3, 2004 11:29:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

Is it this: http://www.downlinx.com/proghtml/121/12107.htm

"MikeCouil" <mikecouil@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20041002000549.25170.00001791@mb-m04.aol.com...
>I try this about once every few months to try and get new leads on
>how/where to
> track down this damn game.
>
> It is several years old, was a text sim game, and was about boxing. The
> cost
> at the time was way too high for me, 50.00, but it's no longer an issue.
> It
> was incredibly deep with no graphics. You were a manager who had to work
> from
> the ground up and hope that some day you could manage the likes of Tyson,
> Lennox Lewis, and other greats. It had like a 3 day trial mode and then
> it
> locked you out until you paid the 50 bucks.
>
> This is not to be confused with the super old but very good similar type
> of
> boxing game with the old school graphics. It is also not to be confused
> with
> the OOTP team's boxing simulation. Though it is good, it's not what I'm
> looking for.
>
> If anyone has any leads I'd be very appreciative. If anyone has the game
> and
> wants to sell it I'd be even more appreciative.
>
> Mike
October 4, 2004 12:13:59 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

"MikeCouil" <mikecouil@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20041003005648.15036.00004352@mb-m02.aol.com...
> Title Fight Pro boxing didn't look like it, even though their site is down
and
> the company appears to have gone under.
>
> Managers pro boxing sim looked promising but the only link I found to the
> company and/or the demo is bad. This may just be it.
>
> Anyone know a way to track down a copy of this game?

Sorry man, but that's all Google would give me. Good luck.

turk
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 10:41:47 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

Yes, I believe it may be. The problem is the link is dead and so is the main
web page.

Anyone know of ANYBODY with this game?

Mike

>Is it this: http://www.downlinx.com/proghtml/121/12107.htm
October 12, 2004 1:17:20 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

Hi Mike,

I suspect this isn't what you're after since I found it at the top of
a google search but I downloaded that game just now starting at:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=World+Champi...

I haven't tried it or anything but the archive has an exe and several
appropriate looking files. There is even a manual download.

Kirk

PS Long time no talk. Think baseball file conversion... (The above address
is just a mail consumer but my old addresses should still be active ...)



mikecouil@aol.com (MikeCouil) wrote in message news:<20041010024147.24921.00002952@mb-m20.aol.com>...
> Yes, I believe it may be. The problem is the link is dead and so is the main
> web page.
>
> Anyone know of ANYBODY with this game?
>
> Mike
>
> >Is it this: http://www.downlinx.com/proghtml/121/12107.htm
!