Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:05:21 -0500 (EST)
From: Timothy Brown <acecomposer@netzero.net>
Subject: scimembers: NYC studio recommendation needed
To: undisclosed-recipients@

I am looking for a recommendation on a New York City recording studio.
I wil be recording two song cycles, one for baritone, piano, violin,
and percussion (mostly marimba), and the other for just baritone and
piano. Since the piano is so integral a part of the works, it is
important to have a high quality instrument in the studio. Any
recommendations appreciated.

Timothy Brown

----- End forwarded message -----

Cheers,
Trevor de Clercq
6 answers Last reply
More about classical studio piano

    how small an ensemble we talking?

    "Trevor de Clercq" <declerct@IDONTLIKESPAMnewschool.edu> wrote in message
    > Hey folks,
    >
    > I am posting an inquiry about studios in NYC that have a good quality
    > in-house piano and a space that would be conducive to recording a small
    > classical ensemble. This inquiry is for a friend of a friend. I do not
    > know the budget or time frame for this recording, but I'm guessing it's
    > pretty small. So does anyone have any good suggestions? Feel free to
    > e-mail me directly or respond to this posting. Here is the original
    > request I received:
    >
    > ----Forwarded message from Timothy Brown <acecomposer@netzero.net>---
    > Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:05:21 -0500 (EST)
    > From: Timothy Brown <acecomposer@netzero.net>
    > Subject: scimembers: NYC studio recommendation needed
    > To: undisclosed-recipients@
    >
    > I am looking for a recommendation on a New York City recording studio.
    > I wil be recording two song cycles, one for baritone, piano, violin,
    > and percussion (mostly marimba), and the other for just baritone and
    > piano. Since the piano is so integral a part of the works, it is important
    > to have a high quality instrument in the studio. Any recommendations
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Timothy Brown
    >
    > ----- End forwarded message -----
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Trevor de Clercq

    Read the post.

    Iain Fraser wrote:
    > how small an ensemble we talking?
    >
    > "Trevor de Clercq" <declerct@IDONTLIKESPAMnewschool.edu> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hey folks,
    >>
    >>I am posting an inquiry about studios in NYC that have a good quality
    >>in-house piano and a space that would be conducive to recording a small
    >>classical ensemble. This inquiry is for a friend of a friend. I do not
    >>know the budget or time frame for this recording, but I'm guessing it's
    >>pretty small. So does anyone have any good suggestions? Feel free to
    >>e-mail me directly or respond to this posting. Here is the original
    >>request I received:
    >>
    >>----Forwarded message from Timothy Brown <acecomposer@netzero.net>---
    >> Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:05:21 -0500 (EST)
    >> From: Timothy Brown <acecomposer@netzero.net>
    >> Subject: scimembers: NYC studio recommendation needed
    >> To: undisclosed-recipients@
    >>
    >>I am looking for a recommendation on a New York City recording studio.
    >>I wil be recording two song cycles, one for baritone, piano, violin,
    >>and percussion (mostly marimba), and the other for just baritone and
    >>piano. Since the piano is so integral a part of the works, it is important
    >>to have a high quality instrument in the studio. Any recommendations
    >>appreciated.
    >>
    >>Timothy Brown
    >>
    >>----- End forwarded message -----
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>Trevor de Clercq

    www.Uptimestudios.com

    I tried sending you a messgae direct and was blocked - email me and then i
    should be able to send to you

    Trevor de Clercq wrote:
    > Hey folks,
    >
    > I am posting an inquiry about studios in NYC that have a good quality

    > in-house piano and a space that would be conducive to recording a
    small
    > classical ensemble. This inquiry is for a friend of a friend. I do
    not
    > know the budget or time frame for this recording, but I'm guessing
    it's
    > pretty small. So does anyone have any good suggestions? Feel free
    > e-mail me directly or respond to this posting. Here is the original
    > request I received:
    >
    > ----Forwarded message from Timothy Brown <acecomposer@netzero.net>---
    > Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:05:21 -0500 (EST)
    > From: Timothy Brown <acecomposer@netzero.net>
    > Subject: scimembers: NYC studio recommendation needed
    > To: undisclosed-recipients@
    >
    > I am looking for a recommendation on a New York City recording
    studio.
    > I wil be recording two song cycles, one for baritone, piano, violin,
    > and percussion (mostly marimba), and the other for just baritone and
    > piano. Since the piano is so integral a part of the works, it is
    > important to have a high quality instrument in the studio. Any
    > recommendations appreciated.
    >
    > Timothy Brown
    >
    > ----- End forwarded message -----
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Trevor de Clercq

    Phillip Glass operates a studio called Glassworks, it's around Broadway
    and Houston. I believe they have a Stienway grand there.

    here is the contact info:
    Euphorbia Productions
    632 Broadway, suite 902
    New York, NY 10012