Madden 2005 PC - Field Flicker

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

I have a dell xps gen 2 with 1gb RAM and a 9800XT card. When I play Madden
and the QB comes out of the huddle, the lines on the field flicker. What
causes this and what needs to be done to change it?

TIA
Mark

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

Make sure you have the latest video driver.

Try lowering your resolution (what r u using right now) or other graphic
settings. Madden2004 was quite taxing on the system when I played it with
my Geforce FX5900SE (which is some what comparible to the 9800XT).

"Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message
> I have a dell xps gen 2 with 1gb RAM and a 9800XT card. When I play
Madden
> and the QB comes out of the huddle, the lines on the field flicker. What
> causes this and what needs to be done to change it?
>
> TIA
> Mark

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

What does the flickering field mean?
I am at 1024 x 680

"TomS" <toms@usfdex.com> wrote in message
> Make sure you have the latest video driver.
>
> Try lowering your resolution (what r u using right now) or other graphic
> settings. Madden2004 was quite taxing on the system when I played it with
> my Geforce FX5900SE (which is some what comparible to the 9800XT).
>
> "Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message
>> I have a dell xps gen 2 with 1gb RAM and a 9800XT card. When I play
> Madden
>> and the QB comes out of the huddle, the lines on the field flicker. What
>> causes this and what needs to be done to change it?
>>
>> TIA
>> Mark

mark

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

I should add that I have installed the latest Omega Drivers.