MASSIVE online internet games ... Unlimited trial ?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

yes, its true ! play an unlimited trial ! i played a couple of games
before which gives you like a 3 or 7 day free trial. to everyone who
want to play for an unlimited amount of time, for free there is the
following games which you can do that.

Space Federation - Galactic Conquest
300,000 + players. Space strategy simulation theme
http://spacefed.net

Space Federation - Unification Wars
200,000 + players. Space strategy simulation theme
http://spacefed.com/uc

Ancient Worlds Warfare
100,000 + players. Graphical medieval strategy simulation theme.
http://spacefed.com/aw

3700AD
50,000 + players. Graphical Space RPG theme
http://www.3700ad.com

List of other free MMOG and MMORPGs
http://www.massive-multiplayer-online-games.com
http://www.startrek-games.com
http://www.starwars-games.com
http://www.gamestotal.com
8 answers Last reply
More about massive online internet games unlimited trial
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    step_y@yahoo.com (Cowly) wrote in news:80f66ad9.0410150556.1188f284
    @posting.google.com:

    > List of other free MMOG and MMORPGs

    Also MUDs, MOOs, MUSHs, and MUXs

    Gandalf Parker
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Gandalf Parker <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in message news:<Xns95836FBA33CDEgandalfparker@208.201.224.154>...
    > step_y@yahoo.com (Cowly) wrote in news:80f66ad9.0410150556.1188f284
    > @posting.google.com:
    >
    > > List of other free MMOG and MMORPGs
    >
    > Also MUDs, MOOs, MUSHs, and MUXs
    >
    > Gandalf Parker

    what is MUSH and MUXs ?

    Steppy the full time (I wish) gamer

    Games I like to play:
    - http://spacefed.com/gc
    - http://spacefed.com/uc
    - http://www.3700ad.com
    - http://www.gamestotal.com
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > Gandalf Parker <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in message
    >> step_y@yahoo.com (Cowly) wrote in news:80f66ad9.0410150556.1188f284
    >> @posting.google.com:
    >>
    >> > List of other free MMOG and MMORPGs
    >>
    >> Also MUDs, MOOs, MUSHs, and MUXs
    >
    > what is MUSH and MUXs ?

    .... MUSH is an acronym for Multi-User Simulated (or Shared) Habitat (or
    Hallucination) depending on who you ask. More of an .edu thing for
    simulated environments. A variation is MUSE for Multi User Simulated
    Environment

    There were also MUCK's (Multi User Chat Kingdoms) and MUVE's (Multi User
    Virtual Environments)

    And as you started MOG, MMOG, MMORPG, and some longer than that

    As far as I know there is not specific definition for MUX other than
    possibly fighting back against all of the other acronyms. I saw Multi
    User Experience or Multi User Experiment. Mostly it just started showing
    up as a type of online game with little difference between it and any MUD
    other than MUDs have mostly shifted toward "Dungeon" and MUX have shifted
    toward SciFi

    Gandalf Parker
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Gandalf Parker <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in message news:<Xns958558CE0AA3Cgandalfparker@208.201.224.154>...
    > step_y@yahoo.com (Cowly) wrote in
    >
    > > Gandalf Parker <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in message
    > >> step_y@yahoo.com (Cowly) wrote in news:80f66ad9.0410150556.1188f284
    > >> @posting.google.com:

    > >> Also MUDs, MOOs, MUSHs, and MUXs
    > >
    > > what is MUSH and MUXs ?
    >
    > ... MUSH is an acronym for Multi-User Simulated (or Shared) Habitat (or
    > Hallucination) depending on who you ask. More of an .edu thing for
    > simulated environments. A variation is MUSE for Multi User Simulated
    > Environment
    >
    > There were also MUCK's (Multi User Chat Kingdoms) and MUVE's (Multi User
    > Virtual Environments)
    >
    > And as you started MOG, MMOG, MMORPG, and some longer than that
    >
    > As far as I know there is not specific definition for MUX other than
    > possibly fighting back against all of the other acronyms. I saw Multi
    > User Experience or Multi User Experiment. Mostly it just started showing
    > up as a type of online game with little difference between it and any MUD
    > other than MUDs have mostly shifted toward "Dungeon" and MUX have shifted
    > toward SciFi

    ah thanks for the explaination :) what games you usually play any way ?

    Steppy the full time (I wish) gamer

    Games I like to play:
    - http://spacefed.com/gc
    - http://spacefed.com/uc
    - http://www.3700ad.com
    - http://www.gamestotal.com
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Gandalf Parker wrote:
    ><snip> > As far as I know there is not specific definition for MUX other than
    > possibly fighting back against all of the other acronyms.
    ><snip>

    MUX = multiplexer (telephone usage), so maybe multi user extension in games.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > ah thanks for the explaination :) what games you usually play any way ?

    In that group? MUDs. I even have one that I cant seem to get to die. Hasnt
    been advertised for something like 6 years and is still the busiest thing
    on my server.

    I think the MU* types of games are great learning ground. Everyone
    considering any type of MMO* should run a MU* for awhile. The best MMO*'s
    have had ex admins/programmers from MU*'s on their teams. You can really
    tell the difference.

    Of that list? Im mostly strategic. Some RPG.

    Gandalf Parker
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:15:37 GMT, Gandalf Parker
    <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote:

    >step_y@yahoo.com (Cowly) wrote in
    >
    >> ah thanks for the explaination :) what games you usually play any way ?
    >
    >In that group? MUDs. I even have one that I cant seem to get to die. Hasnt
    >been advertised for something like 6 years and is still the busiest thing
    >on my server.
    >
    >I think the MU* types of games are great learning ground. Everyone
    >considering any type of MMO* should run a MU* for awhile. The best MMO*'s
    >have had ex admins/programmers from MU*'s on their teams. You can really
    >tell the difference.
    >
    >Of that list? Im mostly strategic. Some RPG.
    >
    >Gandalf Parker

    Where do you find these things-I'm wary of a Google search
    because of the difficulty of separating the wheat from the
    chaff...
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    John DiFool <sorry@spammerscrewedme.com> wrote in

    > Where do you find these things-I'm wary of a Google search
    > because of the difficulty of separating the wheat from the
    > chaff...

    If you want to take a look at things like MUDs try mudconnector.com

    Some warnings ahead of time....
    A) they ARE addictive
    B) you will not understand how it can possibly BE addictive
    C) you will never be able to explain to anyone else WHY its adictive

    On the other hand,
    A) you will learn more about what is and isnt good in multiplayer games,
    and WHY they are, than by other means due to lack of distractions
    B) if you admin one (easy to do) you will learn more about admining a
    multiplayer format, quicker, than by other means
    C) if you get the source code and make improvments (also easy to get and
    do) you will move quickly into MMORGP programming

    Adding the pretty shell to a game later (graphics/sound) is a better
    product if the core is made worthy first. Just My Humble Opinion

    Gandalf Parker

PC gaming Games IBM Internet Video Games