Madden: Any one else having gamepad problems?

Last response: in Video Games
October 16, 2004 2:56:16 PM

Hi,

I have tried both a Logitech Dual Action Gamepad and a supported
Thrustmaster one. Both work perfectly in the Win2K Control Panel but
won't work in the game.

The defensive play calling screen goes bonkers. And the buttons won't
work on the play calling screen, although they work in the controller
configuration screen. Sometimes, if I select keyboard and mouse, the
keyboard won't work either!

I called EA Tech support and they were unhelpful and told me to only
call back if the game was crashing!

Any ideas?

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 6:41:39 PM

The problem i have been having is that part way throught he game I can't use
the right analog to set up blitzes, make the line crash left or right,
etc...The right analog stick works fine for a while then for some reason
wont respond...
"pw" <***paulwilliamson@***spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have tried both a Logitech Dual Action Gamepad and a supported
> Thrustmaster one. Both work perfectly in the Win2K Control Panel but
> won't work in the game.
>
> The defensive play calling screen goes bonkers. And the buttons won't
> work on the play calling screen, although they work in the controller
> configuration screen. Sometimes, if I select keyboard and mouse, the
> keyboard won't work either!
>
> I called EA Tech support and they were unhelpful and told me to only
> call back if the game was crashing!
>
> Any ideas?
>

> -pw
> remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
> (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 1:09:55 AM

>The problem i have been having is that part way throught he game I can't use
>the right analog to set up blitzes, make the line crash left or right,
>etc...The right analog stick works fine for a while then for some reason
>wont respond...

This game is defective!

>"pw" <***paulwilliamson@***spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tried both a Logitech Dual Action Gamepad and a supported
>> Thrustmaster one. Both work perfectly in the Win2K Control Panel but
>> won't work in the game.
>>
>> The defensive play calling screen goes bonkers. And the buttons won't
>> work on the play calling screen, although they work in the controller
>> configuration screen. Sometimes, if I select keyboard and mouse, the
>> keyboard won't work either!
>>
>> I called EA Tech support and they were unhelpful and told me to only
>> call back if the game was crashing!
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

>> -pw
>> remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
>> (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)
October 17, 2004 2:43:27 AM

Try this it worked for me . After trying logitech, thrustmaste and saitec
and having them all lose calibration(tho Saitec was the best) I went to
Radio Shack . They had a device(USB) that allows you to use a PS controller
Costs about $10 bucks. Worked fine Can use all bottons.

--

I got my Outlook Express anti-spam filter at http://www.spamXpress.com
"pw" <***paulwilliamson@***spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have tried both a Logitech Dual Action Gamepad and a supported
> Thrustmaster one. Both work perfectly in the Win2K Control Panel but
> won't work in the game.
>
> The defensive play calling screen goes bonkers. And the buttons won't
> work on the play calling screen, although they work in the controller
> configuration screen. Sometimes, if I select keyboard and mouse, the
> keyboard won't work either!
>
> I called EA Tech support and they were unhelpful and told me to only
> call back if the game was crashing!
>
> Any ideas?
>

> -pw
> remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
> (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 2:43:28 AM

>Try this it worked for me . After trying logitech, thrustmaste and saitec
>and having them all lose calibration(tho Saitec was the best) I went to
>Radio Shack . They had a device(USB) that allows you to use a PS controller
>Costs about $10 bucks. Worked fine Can use all bottons.

I tried that with Madden 2004 and it didn't work. This is my 3rd
controller for the last two series. I only bought these gamepads for
Madden as I don't need them for anything else. My Thrustmaster worked
with 2004, but none will work with 2005. This game is defective. I
wish I could get a refund!

Thanks,

!