Did you guys hear that?

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

It was Jonah Falcon crying!
There's no crying! There's no crying in baseball!

--
Jamie
For every door that closes, A window opens.

---

JB

"Jamie" <spamthis@spam.com> wrote in message

> It was Jonah Falcon crying!
> There's no crying! There's no crying in baseball!

I must admit .. I haven't been to this group for six months but I had to
come here and see The Wrath of Torture and The Impending Whine of The Rich
Loser.

Damn.

I can't believe the New York Yankees .. the YANKEES .. with every possible
advantage both geographically, fiscally and level of talent just pulled off
the absolute biggest CHOKE in the history of Sport.

That's right.

In The History of Sport. Of all kinds and all fields .. nobody will ever
choke bigger than this.

This is the kind of thing that not only changes a franchise forevermore ...
it changes the PERCEPTION and IMAGE of a franchise for the rest of time.

This will never be forgotten.

Historical and fundamental.

This changes everything.

"JB" <JB@bullet.net> wrote in message

> "Jamie" <spamthis@spam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > It was Jonah Falcon crying!
> > There's no crying! There's no crying in baseball!
>
> I must admit .. I haven't been to this group for six months but I had to
> come here and see The Wrath of Torture and The Impending Whine of The Rich
> Loser.
>
> Damn.
>
> I can't believe the New York Yankees .. the YANKEES .. with every possible
> advantage both geographically, fiscally and level of talent just pulled
off
> the absolute biggest CHOKE in the history of Sport.
>
> That's right.
>
> In The History of Sport. Of all kinds and all fields .. nobody will ever
> choke bigger than this.
>
> This is the kind of thing that not only changes a franchise forevermore
> it changes the PERCEPTION and IMAGE of a franchise for the rest of time.
>
> This will never be forgotten.
>
> Historical and fundamental.
>
> This changes everything.

Come on !

It's much more important then that. ;o)

Elrikk ( Go Sox! )

I only regret that there weren't any close-ups of the top of Steinbrenner's
head blowing off like the reactor lid at Chernobyl.

"elrikk" <elrikk@videotron.ca> wrote in message

> "JB" <JB@bullet.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jamie" <spamthis@spam.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > It was Jonah Falcon crying!
>> > There's no crying! There's no crying in baseball!
>>
>> I must admit .. I haven't been to this group for six months but I had to
>> come here and see The Wrath of Torture and The Impending Whine of The
>> Rich
>> Loser.
>>
>> Damn.
>>
>> I can't believe the New York Yankees .. the YANKEES .. with every
>> possible
>> advantage both geographically, fiscally and level of talent just pulled
> off
>> the absolute biggest CHOKE in the history of Sport.
>>
>> That's right.
>>
>> In The History of Sport. Of all kinds and all fields .. nobody will ever
>> choke bigger than this.
>>
>> This is the kind of thing that not only changes a franchise forevermore
>> it changes the PERCEPTION and IMAGE of a franchise for the rest of time.
>>
>> This will never be forgotten.
>>
>> Historical and fundamental.
>>
>> This changes everything.

It does? I wonder if people said that after the 1960 World Series.

What happened next year?

Face it -- teams have to enter through the back door to get past the
Yankees.

I'm not crying. Unlike another certain sports region, my life is not
dictated by how someone else does. What am I going to do -- PH for Tony
Clark?

Jonah Falcon

> Face it -- teams have to enter through the back door to get past the
> Yankees.

How did the Red Sox "back door" it? Are you saying the Yankees didn't
choke?

tron

Oh, the Red Sox go to the World Series by the back door - let there be no
doubt.

Of course, they walked into the Yankees house through the front door,
trashed the place, then stole the Yankees car and drove it straight through
the back door.

So, yes. The BoSox are going to the WS by means of the back door. :p

--
Tron
----

"hido" <hido@comNOSPAMcast.net> wrote in message
>> Face it -- teams have to enter through the back door to get past the
>> Yankees.
>
> How did the Red Sox "back door" it? Are you saying the Yankees didn't
> choke?

JB

"hido" <hido@comNOSPAMcast.net> wrote in message

> > Face it -- teams have to enter through the back door to get past the
> > Yankees.

You're right. The yankees (after The Choke of All-Time, the franchise is no
longer worthy of being capitalized in grammar from this point on) bent over
and the Red Sox gave it to them right in the ass.

Just like mine and Alan's Indians slipped through their "back door" on
August 31st of this year ( *IN* the house that Ruth built, as well) ...

Cleveland 3 3 3 0 6 1 0 0 6 22 22 1

Yankees 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 0

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 04:19:42 +0000, JB wrote:

> I can't believe the New York Yankees .. the YANKEES .. with every possible
> advantage both geographically, fiscally and level of talent just pulled off
> the absolute biggest CHOKE in the history of Sport.

In the history of sport? Nah. 1942 Red Wings are worse, because they
did the 3-0 fade-out in the Stanley Cup *final*. If the Yankees had
blown the World Series and not just the ALCS I might agree (it would at
least be a tie).

--
Ian Merrithew - ADM Systems Engineering
ian.merrithew "at" ieee.org

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

Forgot about that Indians win! 22-0. Dang!

--

> "hido" <hido@comNOSPAMcast.net> wrote in message
>
> > > Face it -- teams have to enter through the back door to get past the
> > > Yankees.
>
> You're right. The yankees (after The Choke of All-Time, the franchise is
no
> longer worthy of being capitalized in grammar from this point on) bent
over
> and the Red Sox gave it to them right in the ass.
>
> Just like mine and Alan's Indians slipped through their "back door" on
> August 31st of this year ( *IN* the house that Ruth built, as well) ...
>
> Cleveland 3 3 3 0 6 1 0 0 6 22 22 1
>
> Yankees 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 0

---

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

Ok... then maybe the history of Baseball!

--
"Ian Merrithew" <optimus2861@nooospammm.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 04:19:42 +0000, JB wrote:
>
> > I can't believe the New York Yankees .. the YANKEES .. with every
possible
> > advantage both geographically, fiscally and level of talent just pulled
off
> > the absolute biggest CHOKE in the history of Sport.
>
> In the history of sport? Nah. 1942 Red Wings are worse, because they
> did the 3-0 fade-out in the Stanley Cup *final*. If the Yankees had
> blown the World Series and not just the ALCS I might agree (it would at
> least be a tie).
>
> --
> Ian Merrithew - ADM Systems Engineering
> ian.merrithew "at" ieee.org

---

> What am I going to do -- PH for Tony Clark?
>
> Jonah Falcon

Probably wouldn't hurt, the way they were playing. Maybe you could go in
for Rivera?