Automatic Payment problems

diana

I was reading some older posts about this, and would have replied
instead of starting a new post, but it's been a LONG time since I have
posted, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to reply!
I just started service with Sprintpcs and took advantage of the
automatic payment and the $50 in credits.
I did receive the credits, but along with that am now trying to get
them to reimburse (sp) almost $300 in bounced check fees when they
took the money out of my account early.
First of all, I was under the impression it would always be taken out
3 days before the billing cycle date, which is the 7th of the month.
That would mean the payments should always come out on the 4th of the
month. The first two months they took money out on the 4th, and then
the 5th because the 4th was on a Sunday.
This month my invoice said the money would come out on the 3rd, which
in itself steamed me, I thought the whole idea of autopayment was that
you could expect the money to come out on the same day every month.
But even worse than that, they actually started the process on the
2nd, which caused all the overdrafts.
I just got done sitting on the phone for over an hour, first to say
waiting another 4 business days so they could "research" the problem
was unacceptable, plus another 48 hours to credit my bank account.
Then to wait while they looked through hundreds of faxes looking for
mine (I think that it what they mean by researching, it takes that
long to go through all the faxes they receive!). After over an hour,
they still hadn't found it, and said they would keep looking and give
me a call tonight or tomorrow.
Once this gets fixed, i plan to opt out of the auto payment and will
be MORE than happy to pay back the $50 they credited me for some piece
of mind.
The only positive thing I do have to say about this is that I am
amazed that the woman is actually looking through all those faxes to
try and find mine.
My advice is that if you sign up for the auto payment, expect the
payment to come out 1-3 days early. (which isn't much of an auto
payment system in my opinion) - diana

It is NEVER a good idea to give someone permission to take $$ out of
your account. NEVER.

diana wrote:

> I was reading some older posts about this, and would have replied
> instead of starting a new post, but it's been a LONG time since I have
> posted, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to reply!
> I just started service with Sprintpcs and took advantage of the
> automatic payment and the $50 in credits.
> I did receive the credits, but along with that am now trying to get
> them to reimburse (sp) almost $300 in bounced check fees when they
> took the money out of my account early.
> First of all, I was under the impression it would always be taken out
> 3 days before the billing cycle date, which is the 7th of the month.
> That would mean the payments should always come out on the 4th of the
> month. The first two months they took money out on the 4th, and then
> the 5th because the 4th was on a Sunday.
> This month my invoice said the money would come out on the 3rd, which
> in itself steamed me, I thought the whole idea of autopayment was that
> you could expect the money to come out on the same day every month.
> But even worse than that, they actually started the process on the
> 2nd, which caused all the overdrafts.
> I just got done sitting on the phone for over an hour, first to say
> waiting another 4 business days so they could "research" the problem
> was unacceptable, plus another 48 hours to credit my bank account.
> Then to wait while they looked through hundreds of faxes looking for
> mine (I think that it what they mean by researching, it takes that
> long to go through all the faxes they receive!). After over an hour,
> they still hadn't found it, and said they would keep looking and give
> me a call tonight or tomorrow.
> Once this gets fixed, i plan to opt out of the auto payment and will
> be MORE than happy to pay back the $50 they credited me for some piece
> of mind.
> The only positive thing I do have to say about this is that I am
> amazed that the woman is actually looking through all those faxes to
> try and find mine.
> My advice is that if you sign up for the auto payment, expect the
> payment to come out 1-3 days early. (which isn't much of an auto
> payment system in my opinion) - diana

To be honest here, if yov can't afford to have a payment come ovt a few days
early then yov really shovldn't be having a cell phone. Think abovt that
before yov jvst start flaming me.. Yov need to take a look at yovr
finances. This shovld be a wake vp call to start pvtting forth a little
responsibility and get yovr things in order.

The reason I say this is becavse years ago I too had the same thing happen
with AT and T. Actvally they avtomatically withdrew money vsing my debit
card bvt it is the same thing. I was living a little above my means and not
very responsible with money bvt it still pissed me off that if there were a
problem for any reason the phone was shvt off the next day. However I did
not even know the phone was shvt off, I jvst thovght people weren't calling
me. I didn't vse my phone that often so I had no idea for several days
after the fact. One time my debit card had expired, another time I had to
order a new debit card becavse it was worn ovt. It had a new nvmber on it
and I forgot to call and give AT and T the new nvmber. I didn't appreciate
their shvtting my phone off so I cancelled my service and went to Sprint.

Now the other option yov have to avtopay withovt bovnced check fees is to
vse a free online bill paying service that will avtopay everymonth.
Preferably throvgh yovr bank with a line of credit behind it so that yov
won't get the fees of bovnced checks. I have mine set vp to avtopay from my
checking accovnt throvgh my credit vnion. I also get my Sprint bill sent
electronically to my bill center online.

Yov can jvst go online and pay with a credit card bvt I am svre yov already
knew that.

"Jim85CJ" <jim_85cj@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> It is NEVER a good idea to give someone permission to take $$ ovt of
> yovr accovnt. NEVER.
>
> diana wrote:
>
> > I was reading some older posts abovt this, and wovld have replied
> > instead of starting a new post, bvt it's been a LONG time since I have
> > posted, and for the life of me, I covldn't figvre ovt how to reply!
> > I jvst started service with Sprintpcs and took advantage of the
> > avtomatic payment and the $50 in credits.
> > I did receive the credits, bvt along with that am now trying to get
> > them to reimbvrse (sp) almost $300 in bovnced check fees when they
> > took the money ovt of my accovnt early.
> > First of all, I was vnder the impression it wovld always be taken ovt
> > 3 days before the billing cycle date, which is the 7th of the month.
> > That wovld mean the payments shovld always come ovt on the 4th of the
> > month. The first two months they took money ovt on the 4th, and then
> > the 5th becavse the 4th was on a Svnday.
> > This month my invoice said the money wovld come ovt on the 3rd, which
> > in itself steamed me, I thovght the whole idea of avtopayment was that
> > yov covld expect the money to come ovt on the same day every month.
> > Bvt even worse than that, they actvally started the process on the
> > 2nd, which cavsed all the overdrafts.
> > I jvst got done sitting on the phone for over an hovr, first to say
> > waiting another 4 bvsiness days so they covld "research" the problem
> > was vnacceptable, plvs another 48 hovrs to credit my bank accovnt.
> > Then to wait while they looked throvgh hvndreds of faxes looking for
> > mine (I think that it what they mean by researching, it takes that
> > long to go throvgh all the faxes they receive!). After over an hovr,
> > they still hadn't fovnd it, and said they wovld keep looking and give
> > me a call tonight or tomorrow.
> > Once this gets fixed, i plan to opt ovt of the avto payment and will
> > be MORE than happy to pay back the $50 they credited me for some piece
> > of mind.
> > The only positive thing I do have to say abovt this is that I am
> > amazed that the woman is actvally looking throvgh all those faxes to
> > try and find mine.
> > My advice is that if yov sign vp for the avto payment, expect the
> > payment to come ovt 1-3 days early. (which isn't mvch of an avto
> > payment system in my opinion) - diana

It is still NEVER a good idea to give someone permission to take $$ ovt
of yovr accovnt. Use yovr credit vnion's online bill pay to setvp a
monthly recvrring payment. This way yov have not given anybody
avthority to take money ovt of yovr accovnt (yov are giving them money,
they are not taking it).