Madden 2005: Field goals?

Howdy all!

What does the little meter thing mean when you're kicking field goals? It
seems like it depends on when you hit the buttons to either fill or reverse,
but beyond that I have no idea what it means. I couldn't find any
documentation that describes what you're supposed to do.

Does anyone know where I can find information of this kind?

Thanks

Hi.

To use the field goal bar, press A to start it. Then press A as close
as you can to the end of the bar to determine kick power, the closer to
the end the stronger. Then A again in the middle of the yellow range
at the bottom for accuracy.