H2O

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
Hi....

I plan to buy a Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394 or maybe the 8INXP.

Anyway, I need some ram to run in dual channel. I want 2 stick of 512mb...

Do you think the HyperX will be compatible? Kingston cant confirm this...They only suggest some valueram...

I really dont want to throw away my money on expensive corsair or ocz...since you pay more for look than performance...

So anyone use HyperX memory on a dual channel motherboard?

Thanks...

LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
I'm running the 8INXP great with some crucial ram. I don't like Kingston personally, their ram is not the highest quality, but should be descent if you son't plan to overclock. Anyway, this thing you refer to HyperX is just a brand name thing they do to get people to buy their ram. Just like Kingstons so called coloured dimm series... just a waste. I don't know what this ram has specifically different, but likely there should be no problem running it on your board... although I would seriously consider getting Crucial or even Samsung dimms... When it comes time to overclock you won't regret it.

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!

H2O

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
How do you like your 8INXP? Are you running dual channel? With what kind of ram (model)? Also I have a radeon 9700pro...I heard about incompatibility with 8INXP...is it true?

LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Yeah I love it... My ram is 2x512 crucial PC2100 running at 2-2-2-5 stable in dual mode! My bandwidth scores at around 3400 Mb/s... its great. My graphics card is AIW8500DV overclocked... I have had no problems.. nor have I hear of any with ATI cards...

Go to my profile to see my full system specs...

I only regret not buying come pc2700 or higher ram so I can overclock because as it stands now I can't do much with my FSB...

H2O

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
Someone told me the 8INXP is not good for gaming...true?

I want the best gaming machine....please help!

LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Not as far as I know... it rocks... no problems as far as I have found.

Great 3-d mark scores... right online with toms numbers...
;)