TMSKILZ

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
I am a proud new owner of a LiteOn 52x24x52 CD Burner & wanted to know which CD-R/RW's Disc brand do you guys suggest is best & I use?
I want to buy some this week, but have no idea which brands are good to use, any suggestions?
Thanks in advance. :)

The main target for you is burn rate, since you can burn at 52x look for the highest burn rate CDRs you can find, that will narrow the field considerably for you, and I don't even use CDRWs they take too much time to format and prepare, I just get bulk packs of CDRs like 50s or 100packs.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I highly recommend Tiayo Yuden 48x cdrs you can find them sold as Fuji disks commonly in the states

<b><font color=red>Just because you are ignoring those voices in your head doesn't mean they aren't talking about you</b></font color=red>

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Yah, those TY discs are good quality discs. Also look for ones that are "Made in Japan".

<i><font color=blue>There is no failure when you believe in success.</font color=blue></i>

TMSKILZ

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
Just picked up a 50 pack of Fujifilm 48x, 80 min/700MB CD-R.
Was this a good pick up?
Are these brand of CD-R's good?

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
THEY BE THE ONES YA' WANT :smile:

<b><font color=red>Just because you are ignoring those voices in your head doesn't mean they aren't talking about you</b></font color=red>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Lite-ons are very good with media but test any inexpensive stuff you might buy. Make sure they reach full speed during writing, make sure the read back OK, in multiple drives, and that the read speed doesn't drop off. Test the discs for read errors.

Don't use discs that give you any of those problems.

Most people find TY manufactured discs work great. These discs used to have the tell-take spin cap on top of the "cake box". Useful to know when you are looking for bargains. Not sure they still use the spin cap, though.

<b>99% is great, unless you are talking about system stability</b>

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
I use nameless bulk silver cdr's that supposed to be 32x and writing them at 48x no problems

bad experience only with Colorful cdr's, they sell under many names (like MaxMax) but you you can read Colorful on the discs. they never ever burn at the speed they marked at, 12x max 10x, 40x max 32x...

gave up on brand names a long time ago, why bother when no name work just as well for me

<b><font color=blue>Press 1 if you want to be on hold, 2 for disconnect, 3 for a representative who will put you on hold before disconnecting.</font color=blue></b>

TMSKILZ

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
Ok, so I'm assuming the Fuji CD-R's were a good pickup.
I want to pickup some CD-RW's as well, can you guys help me out as to which brand to get?
Also what's the highest speed one can pick a CD-RW at?
CD-R's the highest speed I could find was @ 48x, what about CD-RW'S?
thanks again guys.

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Yes, the Fuji's are a good pickup. As for CD-RW's I think the highest speed I've seen is 24x.

<i><font color=blue>There is no failure when you believe in success.</font color=blue></i>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Fast CD-RW's are very thin on the ground... the best ive seen are Verbatim 16x and 24x certified 650Mb disks... sold individually for exorbident prices. really not worth it. better just gettin a spindle of high speed CD-R's.

<b>Damn War! I'm too young to watch other people die!</b>
<A HREF="http://members.iinet.net.au/~lhgpoobaa/images" target="_new">My Images!</A>

TRENDING THREADS