Sprint improved coverage along Hwy 101 in CA.

Sprint has recently activated two new towers (one in San Ardo and the
other in Bradley) and they now have nearly complete coverage along the
101 from LA to the Bay area. A new cell site also went up in
Carpinteria (Santa Barbara County) to fill in the last remaining dead
zone between Ventura and Santa Barbara along 101. In Thousand Oaks
there's a new site active near Lynn Rd. and 101 to improve coverage to
the freeway & mall.
4 answers Last reply
More about sprint improved coverage

    NO SPRINT along Hwy 101 coverage, native or roaming from Seaside down until
    you get into Tillamook in Oregon as of yesterday!

    Good luck!
    John
    --
    Remove FLY to reply

    John <bassrecord@hotmailfly.com> wrote:
    > NO SPRINT along Hwy 101 coverage, native or roaming from Seaside down until
    > you get into Tillamook in Oregon as of yesterday!

    He was talking about Highway 101 in California, just outside Los Angeles.

    Yes, Sprint's only native coverage on the northern (or any?) Oregon
    coast is in Tillamook, but Verizon and AT&T have coverage north and
    south of there and my SPCS phone roamed on one of them just fine a year
    or more ago in the Nedonna Beach - Nehalem - Manzanita area. Somewhere
    I have notes on which provider I used, and I remember that my phone used
    AT&T on hwy 6 or 26 back to Portland, but I'm surprised you had no
    coverage. Are you sure your phone's roaming setting was on 'Automatic'?

    I believe PRL 10024 lists Verizon's Portland SID 30 as roamable in
    digital and analog, but it does not list AT&T's Oregon SID 61, if I'm
    reading it correctly.

    John wrote:

    > NO SPRINT along Hwy 101 coverage, native or roaming from Seaside down until
    > you get into Tillamook in Oregon as of yesterday!
    >
    > Good luck!
    > John

    John burbled to the world:

    > NO SPRINT along Hwy 101 coverage, native or roaming from Seaside
    > down until you get into Tillamook in Oregon as of yesterday!

    Oregon is not part of California. Yet.

    Chris

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers