Installing Windows 7

bignick18

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Sorry if I overlooked anything that answers this in the stickies didnt see anything i understood enough to help. I built a system about 2 weeks ago had to RMA the PSU so now its actually running. The problem is I cant install Windows 7. I have downloaded a student copy and got a key. However I cant seem to get what i downloaded to run off the disc I burned or flash drive to install. I dont get any response or installation attempts from my system. Any method anyone can provide to install windows professional 64bit would help. This has been hours of failures and attempts and im drained. Ill list my system specs as well.

Asrock extreme4
i5 3570k
8gb 1600mhz corsair ram
xfx 7950 DD
500gb HDD (have it disconnected until i get it installed on SSD)
120gb OCZ Vertex3
950w PC power and cooling MKII silencer

Any questions just ask and thanks for any help

Solution

Sounds as though your download was corrupt, can you repeat it? If not try one from here
http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/604187-legal-download-digitalriver-windows-7-sp1-13-languages.html

and burn another disk. Hopefully the key is not locked to the Student download.
Assume you set up BIOS to boot from DVD etc. At least if the new download works, (You don't have to enter a key during installation, it will run for 30 days before you have to activate) it will prove your Student download one way or another.

Solution