  • Gamepad
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
November 6, 2004 1:15:42 PM

I just bought this game and I can't figure out how to pick spots inside the
strike zone when pitching.

I am using a Wingman Cordless gamepad the same one I used for MVP 2003
which I had configured to use button R1(top right index finger) in
conjuction with the the gamepad to choose location inside the strike zone.
This doesn't seem to work in 2004. Every pitch is either right down the
middle(ton of homers) or outside the strike zone.

What the hell am I missing here?

Tks,

Moe

More about : mvp baseball 2004 pitch location

November 6, 2004 11:40:41 PM

You have to use the analog control to control pitch location.
If I remember correctly this game only supports a few controllers and you
have to use a registry hack to fix it. I thought the logitech controllers
were ok use.

--
Jamie
For every door that closes, A window opens.
"moelefaive" <moelefaive@rogers.com> wrote in message
> I just bought this game and I can't figure out how to pick spots inside
the
> strike zone when pitching.
>
> I am using a Wingman Cordless gamepad the same one I used for MVP 2003
> which I had configured to use button R1(top right index finger) in
> conjuction with the the gamepad to choose location inside the strike zone.
> This doesn't seem to work in 2004. Every pitch is either right down the
> middle(ton of homers) or outside the strike zone.
>
> What the hell am I missing here?
>
> Tks,
>
> Moe

---
November 6, 2004 11:40:42 PM

Thanks Jamie,

I tried both pad and stick but nothin' is working. Very frustrating.

Moe

"Jamie" <spamthis@spam.com> wrote in message
news:D Fajd.472822$mD.266335@attbi_s02...
> You have to use the analog control to control pitch location.
> If I remember correctly this game only supports a few controllers and you
> have to use a registry hack to fix it. I thought the logitech controllers
> were ok use.
>
> --
> Jamie
> For every door that closes, A window opens.
> "moelefaive" <moelefaive@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> I just bought this game and I can't figure out how to pick spots inside
> the
>> strike zone when pitching.
>>
>> I am using a Wingman Cordless gamepad the same one I used for MVP 2003
>> which I had configured to use button R1(top right index finger) in
>> conjuction with the the gamepad to choose location inside the strike
>> zone.
>> This doesn't seem to work in 2004. Every pitch is either right down the
>> middle(ton of homers) or outside the strike zone.
>>
>> What the hell am I missing here?
>>
>> Tks,
>>
>> Moe
>>

> ---

November 7, 2004 3:18:18 AM

moelefaive wrote:
> Thanks Jamie,
>
> I tried both pad and stick but nothin' is working. Very frustrating.
>
> Moe
>
> "Jamie" <spamthis@spam.com> wrote in message
> news:D Fajd.472822$mD.266335@attbi_s02...
>
>>You have to use the analog control to control pitch location.
>>If I remember correctly this game only supports a few controllers and you
>>have to use a registry hack to fix it. I thought the logitech controllers
>>were ok use.
>>
>>--
>>Jamie
>>For every door that closes, A window opens.
>>"moelefaive" <moelefaive@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I just bought this game and I can't figure out how to pick spots inside
>>
>>the
>>
>>>strike zone when pitching.
>>>
>>>I am using a Wingman Cordless gamepad the same one I used for MVP 2003
>>>which I had configured to use button R1(top right index finger) in
>>>conjuction with the the gamepad to choose location inside the strike
>>>zone.
>>>This doesn't seem to work in 2004. Every pitch is either right down the
>>>middle(ton of homers) or outside the strike zone.
>>>
>>>What the hell am I missing here?
>>>
>>>Tks,
>>>
>>>Moe
>>>

>>---

Did you download the latest patch? I'm pretty sure it adds and corrects
some joystick entries in the game. Also, is the joystick working
correctly in the OS? Is it recognized in the game also?
November 8, 2004 2:10:57 AM

Try playing with the keyboard... thats how i play MVP baseball..

these are the defaults...

Use the numpad 4,8,6,2 for pitch location.. hold shift if you want to pitch
outside the strike-zone...

use up,down,left,right to select the type of pitch...

!