Still pleased with MVP 2004

I was just wondering if there were other people out there still playing this
game. I bought this game earlier in the year (april or something like that)
and I still play it every other day. I've basically gone through a whole
season, playing every single game. No other game has held my interest as
long as this game has. Is there anyone else that still enjoys this game? I
only ask because this newsgroup is pretty quiet and if there is a post it's
usually regarding Madden.
12 answers Last reply
More about still pleased 2004
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    I have not played it lately as I have been playing NHL 2005 and Tiger Woods
    2005, which I have been enjoying.
    Will try to get gack to it as I have a season in progress.

    Jamie

    "Andre L." <phlegmbuzz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I was just wondering if there were other people out there still playing
    >this game. I bought this game earlier in the year (april or something like
    >that) and I still play it every other day. I've basically gone through a
    >whole season, playing every single game. No other game has held my
    >interest as long as this game has. Is there anyone else that still enjoys
    >this game? I only ask because this newsgroup is pretty quiet and if there
    >is a post it's usually regarding Madden.

  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    In article <EQwjd.123154$Ot3.49798@twister.nyc.rr.com>,
    phlegmbuzz@yahoo.com says...
    > I was just wondering if there were other people out there still playing this
    > game. I bought this game earlier in the year (april or something like that)
    > and I still play it every other day. I've basically gone through a whole
    > season, playing every single game. No other game has held my interest as
    > long as this game has. Is there anyone else that still enjoys this game? I
    > only ask because this newsgroup is pretty quiet and if there is a post it's
    > usually regarding Madden.

    Yes, I still play it, but not as often as before because now I'm hooked
    on FIFA 2005, EQ2 and WoW, so I don't have much free time.

    --
    Rob Berryhill
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    I rented Fifa, my impression after a few games was that I don't need another
    addiction at the moment. Fifa is another good game, I will wait till I find
    a good price on a used copy, by then I should have some of the other games
    out of the loop :)

    Rob Berryhill <Rob_Berryhill@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In article <EQwjd.123154$Ot3.49798@twister.nyc.rr.com>,
    > phlegmbuzz@yahoo.com says...
    > > I was just wondering if there were other people out there still playing
    this
    > > game. I bought this game earlier in the year (april or something like
    that)
    > > and I still play it every other day. I've basically gone through a
    whole
    > > season, playing every single game. No other game has held my interest
    as
    > > long as this game has. Is there anyone else that still enjoys this
    game? I
    > > only ask because this newsgroup is pretty quiet and if there is a post
    it's
    > > usually regarding Madden.
    > >

    > Yes, I still play it, but not as often as before because now I'm hooked
    > on FIFA 2005, EQ2 and WoW, so I don't have much free time.
    >
    > --
    > Rob Berryhill
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    I still love MVP baseball..

    I got it about 3 months ago..

    played about 10 exhibition games.. and am now about 60 games into my
    season...

    Brilliant game.. nothing gets you more fired up then a 9th inning rally...
    =0)

    its never over till its over...

    Red Sox ' 04
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    I'm in season 2 of my franchise getting ready to be swept by the the cards
    in the first round of the post season. I won it all last year with two back
    to back nail biting series, I swept the yanks in the world series. Try the
    new data file over at mvpmods, it's awesome! I sould be into my football
    franchise by now and yet I'm so deep into this game that I'll prolly skip
    football all together and that's rare!

    Dumbass <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
    > I still love MVP baseball..
    >
    > I got it about 3 months ago..
    >
    > played about 10 exhibition games.. and am now about 60 games into my
    > season...
    >
    > Brilliant game.. nothing gets you more fired up then a 9th inning rally...
    > =0)
    >
    > its never over till its over...
    >

    > Red Sox ' 04

  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Very much still heavily involved with this game. Had it since it's release for
    the PC and with all the wonderful Classic Roster/Mods stuff at mvpmods.com this
    probably will be a time consuming game for several years unless all this
    Classic Roster stuff is compatible with future releases. I stayed with Oldtime
    Baseball for several years then switched to APBA's broadcast blast for a couple
    and this one will beat both of those depending on the future release
    compatibility issues.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Is this the new data file you are talking about?

    K.S.M Datafile Ver.8

    Thanks
    Jamie

    "GridIronGhost" <GridIronGhost@hotmale.com> wrote in message
    > I'm in season 2 of my franchise getting ready to be swept by the the cards
    > in the first round of the post season. I won it all last year with two
    > back
    > to back nail biting series, I swept the yanks in the world series. Try the
    > new data file over at mvpmods, it's awesome! I sould be into my football
    > franchise by now and yet I'm so deep into this game that I'll prolly skip
    > football all together and that's rare!
    >
    > Dumbass <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
    >> I still love MVP baseball..
    >>
    >> I got it about 3 months ago..
    >>
    >> played about 10 exhibition games.. and am now about 60 games into my
    >> season...
    >>
    >> Brilliant game.. nothing gets you more fired up then a 9th inning
    >> rally...
    >> =0)
    >>
    >> its never over till its over...
    >>

    >> Red Sox ' 04

  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Yes, that's the one...what do you think?

    Doc <jamiet@nbnetspam.nb.ca> wrote in message
    > Is this the new data file you are talking about?
    >
    > K.S.M Datafile Ver.8
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jamie
    >

    > "GridIronGhost" <GridIronGhost@hotmale.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm in season 2 of my franchise getting ready to be swept by the the
    cards
    > > in the first round of the post season. I won it all last year with two
    > > back
    > > to back nail biting series, I swept the yanks in the world series. Try
    the
    > > new data file over at mvpmods, it's awesome! I sould be into my football
    > > franchise by now and yet I'm so deep into this game that I'll prolly
    skip
    > > football all together and that's rare!
    > >
    > > Dumbass <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
    > >> I still love MVP baseball..
    > >>
    > >> I got it about 3 months ago..
    > >>
    > >> played about 10 exhibition games.. and am now about 60 games into my
    > >> season...
    > >>
    > >> Brilliant game.. nothing gets you more fired up then a 9th inning
    > >> rally...
    > >> =0)
    > >>
    > >> its never over till its over...
    > >>

    > >> Red Sox ' 04

  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Hmmm

    I may have to dust off the old game. After I won it all, I didn't really
    feel the need to go back and play more. My stats were unrealistic. I may
    have to download the mod and try it again.

    --
    Jamie
    For every door that closes, A window opens.
    "Don from New Orleans" <stecropper@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Very much still heavily involved with this game. Had it since it's
    release for
    > the PC and with all the wonderful Classic Roster/Mods stuff at mvpmods.com
    this
    > probably will be a time consuming game for several years unless all this
    > Classic Roster stuff is compatible with future releases. I stayed with
    Oldtime
    > Baseball for several years then switched to APBA's broadcast blast for a
    couple
    > and this one will beat both of those depending on the future release
    > compatibility issues.

    ---
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    What mods are there for MVP 2004?

    What do they do?
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    There are way too many to list so just visit http://www.mvpmods.com and browse
    around awhile.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Wow.. i am interested in the mod that makes the scoreboard look like fox...

    > There are way too many to list so just visit http://www.mvpmods.com and
    > browse
    > around awhile.

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games