It has been a while now since NHL 2005 was released.

I haven't bought the game because you never get a true review from people
who just opened the box, loaded the game, played it twice, then post a
negative review.

I have noticed on NHL forums that negativity is slowly turning positive and
with all the EBAY deals on this game right now I am considering buying this
game.

Have you changed your opinion of this game now that you've had some time
playing it?

Moe

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

"Moe Lefaive" <mlef@csolve.net> wrote in message
> It has been a while now since NHL 2005 was released.
>
> I haven't bought the game because you never get a true review from people
> who just opened the box, loaded the game, played it twice, then post a
> negative review.
>
> I have noticed on NHL forums that negativity is slowly turning positive
and
> with all the EBAY deals on this game right now I am considering buying
this
> game.
>
> Have you changed your opinion of this game now that you've had some time
> playing it?

I've had a lot of fun with it, particularly the World Cup, but it is not
very similar to actual hockey. It's all about hitting, hitting some more,
and then hitting again. Checking guys off the puck is the sum total of
playing defense in this game. It's way overdone.

That being said, the scores and shots are more realistic at higher levels
(at rookie you can easily get 20+ goals a game). But the way the game plays
is very arcade-like. I would hope that EA would release a more strategic
type of game with an arcade option, but this isn't it.

I'd rate it a C+.

turk

turk

"turk" <turk96@attbi.com> wrote in message
> "Moe Lefaive" <mlef@csolve.net> wrote in message
>> It has been a while now since NHL 2005 was released.
>>
>> I haven't bought the game because you never get a true review from people
>> who just opened the box, loaded the game, played it twice, then post a
>> negative review.
>>
>> I have noticed on NHL forums that negativity is slowly turning positive
> and
>> with all the EBAY deals on this game right now I am considering buying
> this
>> game.
>>
>> Have you changed your opinion of this game now that you've had some time
>> playing it?
>
> I've had a lot of fun with it, particularly the World Cup, but it is not
> very similar to actual hockey. It's all about hitting, hitting some more,
> and then hitting again.

Oh, wait. That's actual hockey. :p

Jonah Falcon