Sign in with
Your question

Power Supplies

Last response: in Components
March 17, 2003 4:01:33 AM

Hi, my power supply just died on me (fan made much noise past 2 weeks and then just stopped. PSU Overheated as a result)

What type of power supply should I get ? Any suggestions ?

More about : power supplies

March 17, 2003 5:00:50 AM

What type of PSU did you use? Tell us more about your system's config.
March 17, 2003 5:20:39 AM

antec and enermax dual fan power supplies, if one fan goes you still have another.

if both fans die and you let it burn out again, then you're more lazy than my dog. I only see him eat, drink, poop and sleep. :lol: 

<b><font color=blue>Press 1 if you want to be on hold, 2 for disconnect, 3 for a representative who will put you on hold before disconnecting.</font color=blue></b>
Related resources
March 17, 2003 10:12:50 PM

MY config is a:

AMD Duron 800
2x 128MB PC133
SB Vibra 128
Radeon 9000
56K Modem
Asus A7PRO (KT133)

and my old PSU was a 300W Hardwired Generic.
think all my other parts are intact ? the PSU Died while the computer was on. Later on I tried to turn it back on to see if the PSU still worked ? (Power Green LED went on for about one second, then went off)
March 18, 2003 3:06:48 AM

A 300-350W PSU should be sufficient for your system. I'm using a 350W Enermax PSU with adjustable fan speed control, and I am very happy with it.
March 20, 2003 2:02:30 AM

Yeah, Got a new PSU today, some no-name brand 318w for $49
March 20, 2003 7:19:08 PM

Some people never learn. How many generic PSU's @ $49 will you buy before you realize that you could have just spent $70 and gotten an Antec or Enermax that would actually last?
March 21, 2003 3:07:54 AM

I meant $49 AUD (Halve the figure for the USD equivalent)
They were selling Antec (and other brand name) PSU's for $150+ AUD...

btw, my PSU brand is called Hairong (or something like that)
March 21, 2003 6:07:43 AM

hmmmm, i don't think any of us have heard of 'em, which basically means poop, thumbs down, garabage. Trust me, I was stupid, I spent $25 (CAD) on a cheapo 300W PSU, and no more than a week later did I go out and by an Enermax 350W because mine had failed about half a dozen times already... like everyone's sayin, the PSU is often overlooked when its one of the most important parts... i mean think of your comp as a chain... one link breaks and you're f*cked.. there are some cheaper and still good PSUs out there I guess, check-out some TopPower i guess...

<b>people are only idiots when they don't realize - when they do it just gets funnier, like a dog chasing its own tail, or like george bush's public address(es)</b>
March 21, 2003 11:28:58 AM

Dont worry too much about the others. They are very paranoid about PSU`s. I have had one of that brand and it didnt give any trouble. Plus Australian fair trading laws keep you pretty safe. I know from experiance that except for a few rare cases you wont notice the difference between a generic PSU and an expensive brand name for the avarage user.
AREA_51

'It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames'
!