MVP Baseball 2004 injuries?

Last response: in Video Games
November 24, 2004 3:13:23 PM

Is it me or nobody ever gets hurt in this game? I play on the Pro level
with all sliders set to the default 0, except for the Batter, pitcher,
runner and fielder injury frequency all set to...50!!! I've played half a
season so far and none of my guys in MLB and AAA got hurt, not even for one
game! Only 2 of my guys down in AA were injured for a few days but that's
it. Also, I believe it's happened to me twice to see an opposing player get
hurt. Now I know injuries rarely happen on default setting, but all of my
injury frequency sliders are set to the maximum! Some people suggested
increasing these to about 20, but they're all at 50 and I see no difference.
Should I lower them to a lesser value because "50 is like 0"? Thanks for
any ideas!
November 25, 2004 10:56:27 AM

My third baseman got injured 3rd game of the season, was out for 2 months.

Some other minor ones too.

Mike

"Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> Is it me or nobody ever gets hurt in this game? I play on the Pro level
> with all sliders set to the default 0, except for the Batter, pitcher,
> runner and fielder injury frequency all set to...50!!! I've played half a
> season so far and none of my guys in MLB and AAA got hurt, not even for
one
> game! Only 2 of my guys down in AA were injured for a few days but that's
> it. Also, I believe it's happened to me twice to see an opposing player
get
> hurt. Now I know injuries rarely happen on default setting, but all of my
> injury frequency sliders are set to the maximum! Some people suggested
> increasing these to about 20, but they're all at 50 and I see no
difference.
> Should I lower them to a lesser value because "50 is like 0"? Thanks for
> any ideas!

November 26, 2004 7:08:47 AM

I have also had injuries in the game. Hinske got hurt two different times.
Jamie

"Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> Is it me or nobody ever gets hurt in this game? I play on the Pro level
> with all sliders set to the default 0, except for the Batter, pitcher,
> runner and fielder injury frequency all set to...50!!! I've played half a
> season so far and none of my guys in MLB and AAA got hurt, not even for
> one
> game! Only 2 of my guys down in AA were injured for a few days but that's
> it. Also, I believe it's happened to me twice to see an opposing player
> get
> hurt. Now I know injuries rarely happen on default setting, but all of my
> injury frequency sliders are set to the maximum! Some people suggested
> increasing these to about 20, but they're all at 50 and I see no
> difference.
> Should I lower them to a lesser value because "50 is like 0"? Thanks for
> any ideas!

Related resources
November 27, 2004 2:02:48 AM

Try negative 50...

I think that makes them injured more frequently..

"Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> Is it me or nobody ever gets hurt in this game? I play on the Pro level
> with all sliders set to the default 0, except for the Batter, pitcher,
> runner and fielder injury frequency all set to...50!!! I've played half a
> season so far and none of my guys in MLB and AAA got hurt, not even for
> one
> game! Only 2 of my guys down in AA were injured for a few days but that's
> it. Also, I believe it's happened to me twice to see an opposing player
> get
> hurt. Now I know injuries rarely happen on default setting, but all of my
> injury frequency sliders are set to the maximum! Some people suggested
> increasing these to about 20, but they're all at 50 and I see no
> difference.
> Should I lower them to a lesser value because "50 is like 0"? Thanks for
> any ideas!

Anonymous
November 27, 2004 2:02:49 AM

I have tried negative values to no avail. Nodoby seemed to get hurt...at
+50, it seems like there are a few players that get hurt from time to time
(on other teams too) but nothing to write home about. I've got like 10
players injured in both leagues (AL & NL) so far, including one on my team
(for 10 days).

"Dumbass" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
> Try negative 50...
>
> I think that makes them injured more frequently..
>

> "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> > Is it me or nobody ever gets hurt in this game? I play on the Pro level
> > with all sliders set to the default 0, except for the Batter, pitcher,
> > runner and fielder injury frequency all set to...50!!! I've played half
> > season so far and none of my guys in MLB and AAA got hurt, not even for
> > one
> > game! Only 2 of my guys down in AA were injured for a few days but
that's
> > it. Also, I believe it's happened to me twice to see an opposing player
> > get
> > hurt. Now I know injuries rarely happen on default setting, but all of
my
> > injury frequency sliders are set to the maximum! Some people suggested
> > increasing these to about 20, but they're all at 50 and I see no
> > difference.
> > Should I lower them to a lesser value because "50 is like 0"? Thanks
for
> > any ideas!

November 28, 2004 6:57:14 AM

I have my injuries set on zero.

But I have had plenty of injuries. About 5 people so far 80 games into the
season.

Here are the approx injury lengths:
Pedro - 10 days
Ellis Burks - 60 days
Mark Bellhorn - 10
Doug Mientkiewicz - WHOLE SEASON.. =0(

With Mientkiewicz, I was tempted to not save that game and revert back to an
older game before he was injured. But I figured I should play fairly, even
though it does mean I lose my first baseman who was batting well.

>I have tried negative values to no avail. Nodoby seemed to get hurt...at
> +50, it seems like there are a few players that get hurt from time to time
> (on other teams too) but nothing to write home about. I've got like 10
> players injured in both leagues (AL & NL) so far, including one on my team
> (for 10 days).
>

> "Dumbass" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
>> Try negative 50...
>>
>> I think that makes them injured more frequently..
>>

>> "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
>> > Is it me or nobody ever gets hurt in this game? I play on the Pro
>> > level
>> > with all sliders set to the default 0, except for the Batter, pitcher,
>> > runner and fielder injury frequency all set to...50!!! I've played
>> > half
>> > season so far and none of my guys in MLB and AAA got hurt, not even for
>> > one
>> > game! Only 2 of my guys down in AA were injured for a few days but
> that's
>> > it. Also, I believe it's happened to me twice to see an opposing
>> > player
>> > get
>> > hurt. Now I know injuries rarely happen on default setting, but all of
> my
>> > injury frequency sliders are set to the maximum! Some people suggested
>> > increasing these to about 20, but they're all at 50 and I see no
>> > difference.
>> > Should I lower them to a lesser value because "50 is like 0"? Thanks
> for
>> > any ideas!

Anonymous
November 29, 2004 8:35:48 PM

Wow...here's the list of my injuries so far (Astros - with the MLB club) in
102 games:

Jose Vizcaino - 10 days

That's it. And I play with injury frequency set to 50 for all 4 types
(batter, runner, pitcher, fielder). There must be something wrong there.
Are you playing the game on the PC or the PS2 (I'm playing on the PC but I
guess the game is the same anyway)?

> I have my injuries set on zero.
>
> But I have had plenty of injuries. About 5 people so far 80 games into the
> season.
>
> Here are the approx injury lengths:
> Pedro - 10 days
> Ellis Burks - 60 days
> Mark Bellhorn - 10
> Doug Mientkiewicz - WHOLE SEASON.. =0(
>
> With Mientkiewicz, I was tempted to not save that game and revert back to
an
> older game before he was injured. But I figured I should play fairly, even
> though it does mean I lose my first baseman who was batting well.
>

> "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> >I have tried negative values to no avail. Nodoby seemed to get hurt...at
> > +50, it seems like there are a few players that get hurt from time to
time
> > (on other teams too) but nothing to write home about. I've got like 10
> > players injured in both leagues (AL & NL) so far, including one on my
team
> > (for 10 days).
> >

> > "Dumbass" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
> >> Try negative 50...
> >>
> >> I think that makes them injured more frequently..
> >>

> >> "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> > that's
> > my
> > for

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 2:30:39 AM

Wow, strange, Craig Biggio just got hurt for 54 days. Since I posted this
message, I've had my first 2 injuries: a shorter one (10 days) and a longer
one (54 days). Coincidence...

> Wow...here's the list of my injuries so far (Astros - with the MLB club)
in
> 102 games:
>
> Jose Vizcaino - 10 days
>
> That's it. And I play with injury frequency set to 50 for all 4 types
> (batter, runner, pitcher, fielder). There must be something wrong there.
> Are you playing the game on the PC or the PS2 (I'm playing on the PC but I
> guess the game is the same anyway)?
>

> "Dumbass" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I have my injuries set on zero.
> >
> > But I have had plenty of injuries. About 5 people so far 80 games into
the
> > season.
> >
> > Here are the approx injury lengths:
> > Pedro - 10 days
> > Ellis Burks - 60 days
> > Mark Bellhorn - 10
> > Doug Mientkiewicz - WHOLE SEASON.. =0(
> >
> > With Mientkiewicz, I was tempted to not save that game and revert back
> an
> > older game before he was injured. But I figured I should play fairly,
even
> > though it does mean I lose my first baseman who was batting well.
> >

> > "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> > >I have tried negative values to no avail. Nodoby seemed to get
hurt...at
> > > +50, it seems like there are a few players that get hurt from time to
> time
> > > (on other teams too) but nothing to write home about. I've got like
10
> > > players injured in both leagues (AL & NL) so far, including one on my
> team
> > > (for 10 days).
> > >

> > > "Dumbass" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message

> pitcher,
> for
> > > that's
> of
> > > my
> suggested
Thanks
> > > for

December 1, 2004 8:17:18 PM

I play on the PC.

Oh yeah.. I notice that when my second baseman gets knocked out by a
baserunner. That often results in injury.

> Wow, strange, Craig Biggio just got hurt for 54 days. Since I posted this
> message, I've had my first 2 injuries: a shorter one (10 days) and a
> longer
> one (54 days). Coincidence...
>

> "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
>> Wow...here's the list of my injuries so far (Astros - with the MLB club)
> in
>> 102 games:
>>
>> Jose Vizcaino - 10 days
>>
>> That's it. And I play with injury frequency set to 50 for all 4 types
>> (batter, runner, pitcher, fielder). There must be something wrong there.
>> Are you playing the game on the PC or the PS2 (I'm playing on the PC but
>> guess the game is the same anyway)?
>>

>> "Dumbass" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I have my injuries set on zero.
>> >
>> > But I have had plenty of injuries. About 5 people so far 80 games into
> the
>> > season.
>> >
>> > Here are the approx injury lengths:
>> > Pedro - 10 days
>> > Ellis Burks - 60 days
>> > Mark Bellhorn - 10
>> > Doug Mientkiewicz - WHOLE SEASON.. =0(
>> >
>> > With Mientkiewicz, I was tempted to not save that game and revert back
>> an
>> > older game before he was injured. But I figured I should play fairly,
> even
>> > though it does mean I lose my first baseman who was batting well.
>> >

>> > "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> hurt...at
>> time
> 10
>> team

>> pitcher,
>> for
> all
>> of
>> suggested
> Thanks

Anonymous
December 1, 2004 8:17:19 PM

That doesn't happen to me too often to have my second baseman taken out.
But this week I've had 2 injuries resulting from my hitters being beaned and
then charging the mound. One of them was back the game after, though.

> I play on the PC.
>
> Oh yeah.. I notice that when my second baseman gets knocked out by a
> baserunner. That often results in injury.
>

> "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> > Wow, strange, Craig Biggio just got hurt for 54 days. Since I posted
this
> > message, I've had my first 2 injuries: a shorter one (10 days) and a
> > longer
> > one (54 days). Coincidence...
> >

> > "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> >> Wow...here's the list of my injuries so far (Astros - with the MLB
club)
> > in
> >> 102 games:
> >>
> >> Jose Vizcaino - 10 days
> >>
> >> That's it. And I play with injury frequency set to 50 for all 4 types
> >> (batter, runner, pitcher, fielder). There must be something wrong
there.
> >> Are you playing the game on the PC or the PS2 (I'm playing on the PC
but
> >> guess the game is the same anyway)?
> >>

> >> "Dumbass" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message

> > the

> >> an
> > even

> > hurt...at
> >> time
> > 10
> >> team

Pro
> >> pitcher,
> >> for
> > all
> >> of
> >> suggested
> > Thanks

Anonymous
December 3, 2004 10:34:50 PM

Besides, has anyone noticed that pitchers never get hurt in this game? Even
if you leave them on the mound until their stamina reaches 35% they don't,
and they never get injured when line drives are being hit in their direction
either.

> That doesn't happen to me too often to have my second baseman taken out.
> But this week I've had 2 injuries resulting from my hitters being beaned
and
> then charging the mound. One of them was back the game after, though.
>

> "Dumbass" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
> > I play on the PC.
> >
> > Oh yeah.. I notice that when my second baseman gets knocked out by a
> > baserunner. That often results in injury.
> >

> > "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> > > Wow, strange, Craig Biggio just got hurt for 54 days. Since I posted
> this
> > > message, I've had my first 2 injuries: a shorter one (10 days) and a
> > > longer
> > > one (54 days). Coincidence...
> > >

> > > "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> club)
> > > in

> there.
> but

> into
> > > the

> back
> > > even

> > > hurt...at
> like
> > > 10
> my

> Pro
> opposing
> > > all
> > > Thanks

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 8:04:08 PM

I played Old Time Baseball for quite a while before switching to High Heat.
I have a new (used)PC with an Intel 82845 G/GL Graphics Controller. Will MVP
2004 work with this card?

Have to admit that the recent revelations of steroid use has soured me on
the great Canadian pastime. That on top of labour wrangling, filthy rich and
childish owners and the rest. I was hoping to find a PC game that would
rekindle the old fire.

I can't switch to game platforms as I'm one of those folks who has bad after
effects from watching them.

Cap

!