EA Trying to corner football market!

Mike wrote:
> Trying to?

Really. That's what I was thinking. No "trying" about it....

This is bad news. Just look what happened to the Tiger Woods series after
they had no real competition. No real innovations in the 2005 game compared
to the 04 version. Actually they took out a key feature like season play
with custom courses for no apparent reason, the only feature I ever used in
their past games.

But I guess I will just have to stop buying madden if they just release the
same game year after year. Madden 05 is one of the best games I have played
but I sure hope they will keep improving it even without the competition.
And now that they have spent so much money on the license is there any money
left for good programmers....let's hope so.

"Henrik F" <NOUSELESSSPAMhenrikf@worldonline.dk> wrote in message
> This is bad news. Just look what happened to the Tiger Woods series after
> they had no real competition.

This is a joke, right? I guess I must again toot my horn for Links. Here
we have a game that is four years old and it still is years beyond the
latest EA release.

Please, in the future, if you do not want me to respond to a post in ANY
manner, in which I can insert a Links promotion, please add a statement
saying as such. I will honor all reasonable requests. :)

Merry Christmas All!

Alanb

"Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net> wrote in message

> "Henrik F" <NOUSELESSSPAMhenrikf@worldonline.dk> wrote in message
> > This is bad news. Just look what happened to the Tiger Woods series
after
> > they had no real competition.
>
> This is a joke, right? I guess I must again toot my horn for Links. Here
> we have a game that is four years old and it still is years beyond the
> latest EA release.
>
> Please, in the future, if you do not want me to respond to a post in ANY
> manner, in which I can insert a Links promotion, please add a statement
> saying as such. I will honor all reasonable requests. :)
>
> Merry Christmas All!
>
> Alanb

I've owned every version of "Links" and every course since "Links: the
Challange of Golf".

The only golf game on my computer right now is TW2005.

Elrikk

PS. Please refrain from inserting your "Links promotion" jive to this post.

Actually, please refrain from answering this post ( or any others ) at
all. ;o)

"elrikk" <elrikk@videotron.ca> wrote in message

> "Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Henrik F" <NOUSELESSSPAMhenrikf@worldonline.dk> wrote in message
>> > This is bad news. Just look what happened to the Tiger Woods series
> after
>> > they had no real competition.
>>
>> This is a joke, right? I guess I must again toot my horn for Links.
>> Here
>> we have a game that is four years old and it still is years beyond the
>> latest EA release.
>>
>> Please, in the future, if you do not want me to respond to a post in ANY
>> manner, in which I can insert a Links promotion, please add a statement
>> saying as such. I will honor all reasonable requests. :)
>>
>> Merry Christmas All!
>>
>> Alanb
>>

> I've owned every version of "Links" and every course since "Links: the
> Challange of Golf".
>
> The only golf game on my computer right now is TW2005.
>
> Elrikk
>
> PS. Please refrain from inserting your "Links promotion" jive to this
> post.

I love the latest XBox version.

Jonah Falcon