Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001

I am having some kind of connection problem from my MN500
router.

Everytime I turn on my computer and use my computer for an
hour. I will be disconnected from Internet.

I called my cable modem provider to ask them what happened
to my connection. They told me that they could detected my
computer and my cable modem, and it is the wireless base
station (MN-500) not talking to the cable modem and my
computer. So I went to exchange my MN-500 machine in
Future Shop, and I expect everything works fine now.

Five minutes ago, the same situation happened again, and I
phoned my cable modem provider, and they said I should ask
Microsoft ppl.

Please help me about this. There is nothing much I can do
here.

Thank you so much

joker

Which Version of windows are you running?

You may want to do a virus scan online at http://housecall.antivirus.com
as I don't trust your installed anti-virus software.

I had the exact same thing happen and 2 of the computers had a blaster
variant.

Howard wrote:

> I am having some kind of connection problem from my MN500
> router.
>
> Everytime I turn on my computer and use my computer for an
> hour. I will be disconnected from Internet.
>
> I called my cable modem provider to ask them what happened
> to my connection. They told me that they could detected my
> computer and my cable modem, and it is the wireless base
> station (MN-500) not talking to the cable modem and my
> computer. So I went to exchange my MN-500 machine in
> Future Shop, and I expect everything works fine now.
>
> Five minutes ago, the same situation happened again, and I
> phoned my cable modem provider, and they said I should ask
> Microsoft ppl.
>
> Please help me about this. There is nothing much I can do
> here.
>
> Thank you so much

Who is your ISP.
I've used the MN500 (and MN700) with no problems with Rogers.

I'm assuming you are in Canada due to your Future Shop references (do they
still have those in the States?)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Howard" <Howard0401@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am having some kind of connection problem from my MN500
> router.
>
> Everytime I turn on my computer and use my computer for an
> hour. I will be disconnected from Internet.
>
> I called my cable modem provider to ask them what happened
> to my connection. They told me that they could detected my
> computer and my cable modem, and it is the wireless base
> station (MN-500) not talking to the cable modem and my
> computer. So I went to exchange my MN-500 machine in
> Future Shop, and I expect everything works fine now.
>
> Five minutes ago, the same situation happened again, and I
> phoned my cable modem provider, and they said I should ask
> Microsoft ppl.
>
> Please help me about this. There is nothing much I can do
> here.
>
> Thank you so much

Also what cable modem are you using?

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Howard" <Howard0401@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am having some kind of connection problem from my MN500
> router.
>
> Everytime I turn on my computer and use my computer for an
> hour. I will be disconnected from Internet.
>
> I called my cable modem provider to ask them what happened
> to my connection. They told me that they could detected my
> computer and my cable modem, and it is the wireless base
> station (MN-500) not talking to the cable modem and my
> computer. So I went to exchange my MN-500 machine in
> Future Shop, and I expect everything works fine now.
>
> Five minutes ago, the same situation happened again, and I
> phoned my cable modem provider, and they said I should ask
> Microsoft ppl.
>
> Please help me about this. There is nothing much I can do
> here.
>
> Thank you so much

I experienced somewhat similar problems with the MN-500.

I replaced it with a LinkSys Wireless Broadband Router BEFW11S4 and have
been problem free since.

BTW, the wireless version is normally the same price as the non-wireless $59
but it came with a $10 rebate coupon at Office Depot.

"Howard" <Howard0401@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am having some kind of connection problem from my MN500
> router.
>
> Everytime I turn on my computer and use my computer for an
> hour. I will be disconnected from Internet.
>
> I called my cable modem provider to ask them what happened
> to my connection. They told me that they could detected my
> computer and my cable modem, and it is the wireless base
> station (MN-500) not talking to the cable modem and my
> computer. So I went to exchange my MN-500 machine in
> Future Shop, and I expect everything works fine now.
>
> Five minutes ago, the same situation happened again, and I
> phoned my cable modem provider, and they said I should ask
> Microsoft ppl.
>
> Please help me about this. There is nothing much I can do
> here.
>
> Thank you so much

---

It may be that your router is looking for a better
wireless signal. Open the Microsoft Broadband Network
Utility...Options...You'll see a box that says "update
Internet connection every____"...choose "never update".