Why SprintPCS is soooo bad

Last response: in Network Providers
August 18, 2004 2:54:37 PM

J.D. Power EVERY Year rates SprintPCS worst for Customer Service. Sprint must
be doing something wrong.

- CSRs (on the "800" line) with strict handle time limits (6 minutes average)

- CSRs with upsell quotas - must sell contracts, "Vision" or something

- CSRs that get downgraded if a call has to be escalated,
so they often refuse to do so. No one knows how to
activate "ReadyLink".

- Long hold times for phone calls - slightly better in 2004, still long.

- 24/7 phone support is History

- CSRs that tell you what they think you want to hear
to rush you off the phone.

- Serious grief in getting rebates for many people

- Internet connectivity deteriorating as its oversold.

- Secret "don't ask - Don't tell" policy of using cellphone
as modem.

- Secret Warranties - Recalls that you don't know about
unless you complain to the right person at
right time.

- Stores where firmware upgrades require leaving your phone all day,
and then often finding out nothing was done.

- Network changes causing loss of coverage used as excuse to sell you
new phone with new 2 year contract.

=================

Back years ago when I signed up for Sprint, plans were less expensive,
phones were less expensive, no contract was required, you got FIMF,
and 24/7 phone support. Quality Nokia and Motorola phones. Now its mainly poor
reception Samsung phones, and overheating self-destroying Sanyo phones. Today
you can download 3 ringtones to a Sprint Sanyo 7300, but a similarly priced GSM
Motorola v400 will accept over 830. Sprint promises to eliminate deadzones,
many of which still exist 5 years later.

Bit by bit it's all deteriorated, and SprintPCS now richly deserves its rating
from J.D. Power of WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE of the major carriers.

More about : sprintpcs soooo bad

August 18, 2004 2:54:38 PM

Many times I find that a CSR really does not have the
background or knowledge to answer a question correctly
and will BS the caller. When, in fact, it should be escalated.
They may have a lower escalation rating, but are passing out
incorrect information. We callers usually catch on, but being
"politically correct" simply hang up, thank the CSR and try
again. Or, sometimes try another carrier.

CUSTOMER SERVICE of the major carriers.
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 7:39:09 PM

In article <20040818065437.00667.00001770@mb-m03.aol.com>,
flyfisherman989@aol.com says...
> J.D. Power EVERY Year rates SprintPCS worst for Customer Service. Sprint must
> be doing something wrong.

And, as usual, followed by a mass of accusations, and, also as usual,
complete with *no* proof whatsoever to back them up.

That is so typical of a poster with a rather seedy history on this
board, that it's likely the same poster. I couldn't care less if it or
not. It's still a vapid.

--
RØß
O/Siris