jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

If so could you tell me if its worth the $30 bucks?

--
Jamie

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats
....Howard Aiken

"Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote:
> If so could you tell me if its worth the $30 bucks?

Highs:

Nice graphics, great animations, pro-hop is no longer a guaranteed dunk,
tighter AI defense, some movement corrections over 2K4 to improve realism
(players can't change direction without any footwork at all). Salaries in
dynasty mode now based on cash rather than points (though points still buy
extras like training sessions and coaches, and stuff in the NBA Store).

Lows:

Players pause to catch passes in transition -- more realistic, but makes
fast breaks harder (this probably belongs in the Highs... ). Can't
nickname created players -- if you don't create players, this is obviously
not an issue.

If I had it to do over again, I'd probably wait till it drops to $20.
Especially if you've already got 2K4.

Steve Tilson

--
"Ha ha! You said 'nuclear.' It's 'nukular,' dummy. The S is silent."
- Peter Griffin

BestBuy has it for $14.99

<SteveTilson@rightbehindyou.com> wrote in message
> "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote:
> > If so could you tell me if its worth the $30 bucks?
>
> Highs:
>
> Nice graphics, great animations, pro-hop is no longer a guaranteed dunk,
> tighter AI defense, some movement corrections over 2K4 to improve realism
> (players can't change direction without any footwork at all). Salaries in
> dynasty mode now based on cash rather than points (though points still buy
> extras like training sessions and coaches, and stuff in the NBA Store).
>
> Lows:
>
> Players pause to catch passes in transition -- more realistic, but makes
> fast breaks harder (this probably belongs in the Highs... ). Can't
> nickname created players -- if you don't create players, this is obviously
> not an issue.
>
> If I had it to do over again, I'd probably wait till it drops to $20.
> Especially if you've already got 2K4.
>
> Steve Tilson
>
> --
> "Ha ha! You said 'nuclear.' It's 'nukular,' dummy. The S is silent."
> - Peter Griffin

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

I got it for 19.99 at best buy. It not too bad, so far.

--

"GridIronGhost" <GridIronGhost@hotmale.com> wrote in message
> BestBuy has it for $14.99
>
> <SteveTilson@rightbehindyou.com> wrote in message
>> "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote:
>> > If so could you tell me if its worth the $30 bucks?
>>
>> Highs:
>>
>> Nice graphics, great animations, pro-hop is no longer a guaranteed dunk,
>> tighter AI defense, some movement corrections over 2K4 to improve realism
>> (players can't change direction without any footwork at all). Salaries
>> in
>> dynasty mode now based on cash rather than points (though points still
>> buy
>> extras like training sessions and coaches, and stuff in the NBA Store).
>>
>> Lows:
>>
>> Players pause to catch passes in transition -- more realistic, but makes
>> fast breaks harder (this probably belongs in the Highs... ). Can't
>> nickname created players -- if you don't create players, this is
>> obviously
>> not an issue.
>>
>> If I had it to do over again, I'd probably wait till it drops to $20.
>> Especially if you've already got 2K4.
>>
>> Steve Tilson
>>
>> --
>> "Ha ha! You said 'nuclear.' It's 'nukular,' dummy. The S is silent."
>> - Peter Griffin

TRENDING THREADS