Hey, I bought NHL 2004 and love it. It's my favorite since NHLPA 93. The
only downside is that you are forced to play all 82 games in a season in
dynasty mode. NHL 2003, 2002, and 2001 all let you play short seasons in
dynasty mode. They also allow you to create custom leagues. Why the hell did
EA screw it up for 2004? My question is can you reduce the season length in
dynasty mode for 2005? I hear that its been getting brutal reviews, but if
they allowed for a shorter season, I might pick it up. Thanks.

EA screwed up because they are EA

nope

"Auction Dude" <theauctiondude@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey, I bought NHL 2004 and love it. It's my favorite since NHLPA 93. The
> only downside is that you are forced to play all 82 games in a season in
> dynasty mode. NHL 2003, 2002, and 2001 all let you play short seasons in
> dynasty mode. They also allow you to create custom leagues. Why the hell
> did EA screw it up for 2004? My question is can you reduce the season
> length in dynasty mode for 2005? I hear that its been getting brutal
> reviews, but if they allowed for a shorter season, I might pick it up.
> Thanks.

'twould be nice.
I just played an entire 82 game season in dynasty mode as the Atlanta
Thrashers, squeaked into the playoffs and lost 1-0 in overtime in game
7 of the Stanley Cup Final to the Calgary Flames.
That's a long way to go for no cup.
I'm done with the game for now though. It's fun for a while but it's
just way too repetitive. You cruise down the boards and as soon as you
cross the opponent's blue line you get knocked down before you can get
a shot or even a pass off. Repeat this about 20 times and you have just
played an NHL 2005 game.
If your skater is fast, you may be able to skate down the boards,
avoiding the goons, go behind the net and make a wrap-around goal.
That's how I got most of mine.