New NIC losing internet at random times?

Okay, so I've been having some problems with my new custom built computer connected wirelessly to my Router. My router is an SMCD3GN. So it is a Router/Modem in one. I am currently using the Linksys AE3000 Wireless-N USB Adapter. I have had a past Wireless USB Adapter, & an internal Wireless network card. The USB quit working & in order for me to get it to work is I have to reinstall the drivers everytime I turn my computer back on. The internal wireless network card would randomly lose internet every 30mins - an hour. Being a gamer, this is very frustrating. So, right now I am using the Linksys USB, and I was just playing a game & talking to some friends on skype & I would lose internet for 2 seconds then it would automatically reconnect. So I am beginning to think that it might be my Router but I tried my USB on my laptop for like 10 mins (I disabled the internal wireless network adapter) & I went into cmd.exe and pinged google for about 10 mins, & it said "Request Timed Out." several times.
:fou:

I believe it is dropping packets that is why it would be doing this?

So I'm am trying the USB on a different port right now, and we'll see how that goes. But can anyone figure out why it would be doing this?

Edit: I've tried it on several different ports and it's still doing the same thing.

I have a lot of questions, and I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out.
2 answers Last reply
More about losing internet random times
  1. Anyone...? I'd really appreciate the help.
  2. Oops, double post.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connectivity Internal Wireless Wireless Networking