Sign in with
Your question

New NIC losing internet at random times?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 29, 2013 5:03:41 AM

Okay, so I've been having some problems with my new custom built computer connected wirelessly to my Router. My router is an SMCD3GN. So it is a Router/Modem in one. I am currently using the Linksys AE3000 Wireless-N USB Adapter. I have had a past Wireless USB Adapter, & an internal Wireless network card. The USB quit working & in order for me to get it to work is I have to reinstall the drivers everytime I turn my computer back on. The internal wireless network card would randomly lose internet every 30mins - an hour. Being a gamer, this is very frustrating. So, right now I am using the Linksys USB, and I was just playing a game & talking to some friends on skype & I would lose internet for 2 seconds then it would automatically reconnect. So I am beginning to think that it might be my Router but I tried my USB on my laptop for like 10 mins (I disabled the internal wireless network adapter) & I went into cmd.exe and pinged google for about 10 mins, & it said "Request Timed Out." several times.
Spoiler
:fou: 

I believe it is dropping packets that is why it would be doing this?

So I'm am trying the USB on a different port right now, and we'll see how that goes. But can anyone figure out why it would be doing this?

Edit: I've tried it on several different ports and it's still doing the same thing.

I have a lot of questions, and I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out.
February 17, 2013 4:06:41 AM

Anyone...? I'd really appreciate the help.
February 17, 2013 4:06:48 AM

Oops, double post.
!