Use Madden 2005 return policy to voice opinion

Mike

Splendid

I think to get EA Sports to listen more people need to return the game - not
simply not buy it, since I don't think that will work (since they're the
only game in town, so to speak). When they see large numbers of returns
perhaps they will begin to listen. You have 90 days to return the game
under their warranty. I would let them send you the unsealed game, then
explain to them *after* receiving it that you cannot return it to Store X,
since they have a 14 or 30 day return policy. Then send back *that* game
for a full refund (and put in the cover letter that you expect shipping to
be refunded as well).

Mike

Here are some folks to contact - I figure these folks would be a good place
to start complaining:

Gene Goldberg
Vice President, Consumer Products
NFL Properties
280 Park Ave., FL 12W
New York, NY 10017-1206
(212) 450-2000
Fax: 212-681-7599

Gene Upshaw
Exectuve Director
National Football League Players Association
2021 L St. NW, Ste. 600
Washington, DC 20036-4909
Phone: 202-463-2200
Fax: 202-296-3486
Toll Free: 800-372-2000

Electronic Arts, Inc.
209 Redwood Shores Pkwy.
Redwood City, CA 94065-1175
Lawrence F. (Larry) Probst III, Chairman and CEO
John S. Riccitiello, President and COO
Warren C. Jenson, EVP, CFO , and Chief Administration Officer
Frank Gibeau, SVP, Marketing
(650) 628-1500
Fax: (650) 628-1415

Attorney General Bill Lockyer
California Department of Justice
P.O. Box 944255
Sacramento, CA 94244-2550
(916) 322-3360
Fax: (916) 323-5341
http://caag.state.ca.us/

Andrew

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:21:08 GMT, "Mike" <iammike@thatsit.myob> wrote:

>I think to get EA Sports to listen more people need to return the game - not
>simply not buy it, since I don't think that will work (since they're the
>only game in town, so to speak). When they see large numbers of returns
>perhaps they will begin to listen.
<rest of BS snipped>

Return it on what basis?

Mike

Splendid

> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:21:08 GMT, "Mike" <iammike@thatsit.myob> wrote:
>
>>I think to get EA Sports to listen more people need to return the game -
>>not
>>simply not buy it, since I don't think that will work (since they're the
>>only game in town, so to speak). When they see large numbers of returns
>>perhaps they will begin to listen.
> <rest of BS snipped>
>
> Return it on what basis?
> --

There are a few reasons someone would want to return it:
It does not have the features you want (e.g., sideline view camera)
It does not work in your drive (Macrovision's SafeDisc)
Your system exceeds the game requirements but is too unstable to play

I am sure there are other reasons for chosing to return Madden 2005, these
are just the ones that come to mind because they apply to me.

Mike

"Mike" <iammike@thatsit.myob> wrote in message

> "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:21:08 GMT, "Mike" <iammike@thatsit.myob> wrote:
>>
>>>I think to get EA Sports to listen more people need to return the game -
>>>not
>>>simply not buy it, since I don't think that will work (since they're the
>>>only game in town, so to speak). When they see large numbers of returns
>>>perhaps they will begin to listen.
>> <rest of BS snipped>
>>
>> Return it on what basis?
>> --
>
> There are a few reasons someone would want to return it:
> It does not have the features you want (e.g., sideline view camera)
> It does not work in your drive (Macrovision's SafeDisc)
> Your system exceeds the game requirements but is too unstable to play
>
> I am sure there are other reasons for chosing to return Madden 2005, these
> are just the ones that come to mind because they apply to me.
>
> Mike

Then do it , it works fine for me. And I dont care about Sideline View Cam.

Warr