RIP Huner S Thompson

Last response: in Home Audio
February 21, 2005 1:24:29 AM

This one brings a tear to my eye.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-02-20-hunter-t...

Old hippies and bikers alike will miss him.

rd

More about : rip huner thompson

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 3:22:40 PM

>So, gobble a whole sheet of blotter acid and drive to Florida.
>--scott

didn't kevin record hunter in "quad" last year at the rainbow
gathering??

no it was just a flashback..........nixon!

dale
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 7:33:54 PM

georgeh <georgeh@gjhsun.cl.msu.edu> wrote:
>"RD Jones" <annonn@juno.com> writes:
>
>>This one brings a tear to my eye.
>>http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-02-20-hunter-t...
>>Old hippies and bikers alike will miss him.
>>rd
>
>What a sad way to start to the week.

So, gobble a whole sheet of blotter acid and drive to Florida.
--scott
February 21, 2005 9:46:19 PM

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> georgeh <georgeh@gjhsun.cl.msu.edu> wrote:
>
>>"RD Jones" <annonn@juno.com> writes:
>>

>>>This one brings a tear to my eye.
>>>http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-02-20-hunter-t...
>>>Old hippies and bikers alike will miss him.
>>>rd
>>
>>What a sad way to start to the week.
>

> So, gobble a whole sheet of blotter acid and drive to Florida.
> --scott

spring break 1977
:-)
george
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 1:01:50 PM

I've been kind of wondering if he decided to checkout with self
inflicted firearms because that's the way Hemingway went. Everybody
remembers righteous cool death over "dying slowly with a colostomy bag
at your side".

The guy was 67, kind of up there given his hard life, so maybe he
figured checking out with style would be the finale to his career...hey
it worked wonders for Kurt Cobain...

I tried to watch the "Fear and Loathing" movie a while back and it was
bad....truly horrible and if anybody could pull off/channel HST it
would be Johnny Depp.

Maybe the book was just unfilmable.

Maybe HST was depressed about his portrayl in that movie. NAH he
wouldn't have given a rat's ass.

Analogeezer
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 3:37:27 PM

Sandra Dee, the definitive pure little all-american virgin, and Hunter
S. Thompson, on the same day. The cosmos remains balanced.

RD Jones wrote:
> This one brings a tear to my eye.
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-02-20-hunter-t...
>
> Old hippies and bikers alike will miss him.
>
> rd

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 5:09:05 PM

Bill Van Dyk wrote:
> Sandra Dee, the definitive pure little all-american virgin, and Hunter
> S. Thompson, on the same day. The cosmos remains balanced.

Awesome observation. :-)

Still hoping he left the definitive, gonzo suicide note.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 9:35:58 PM

George Gleason <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net>

> Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> georgeh <georgeh@gjhsun.cl.msu.edu> wrote:

>>>What a sad way to start to the week.
>>

>> So, gobble a whole sheet of blotter acid and drive to Florida.
>> --scott
>
> spring break 1977
>:-)
> george

'75 for me, and i let a friend do the driving!
sunrise on the turnpike was something else.

david (ok, so it was half a sheet, more than enough)
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 12:41:37 AM

analogeezer@aerosolkings.com wrote:
> I lived in FL back then, and they had this DMV safety program called
> "Arrive Alive".
>
> FL did not require front tags so the big thing for stoner buds was they
> came out with these license tags that looked like FL license plates,
> but said "Arrive Stoned".
>
> I used to call them "Arrive Stoned, Pulled over and Searched" tags.
>
> Seemed like a really bad idea, even back then...
>
> Analogeezer
>
> p.s. And yes my last day of high school did resemble the movie "Dazed
> and Confused", except for the substition of boiled down "Shroom Juice"
> in Mason Jars....

stoned teenagers are not the Rhodes scholars they appear to be
even ones coming from a state college:-)
we had a bowl that looked like a 8 ball with 4 hoses coming off it
it had a suction cup and we would attach it to our windshield as we
cruised down the highway
saved us the trouble of passing joints around in the car
george
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 4:08:32 AM

Bob Cain wrote:
> Bill Van Dyk wrote:
> > Sandra Dee, the definitive pure little all-american virgin, and
Hunter
> > S. Thompson, on the same day. The cosmos remains balanced.
> Awesome observation. :-)

Being that celeb deaths often occur in 3's:
Singer/actor John Raitt also went on Sunday.
I'm not sure how I think that would effect 'balance' ...

> Still hoping he left the definitive, gonzo suicide note.

USA Today's Tuesday feature on HST included the
statement "...kept writing until the end"

> Bob
> --
>
> "Things should be described as simply as possible, but no
> simpler."
>
> A. Einstein

rd
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 2:53:44 PM

Bob Cain wrote:
> Bill Van Dyk wrote:
> > Sandra Dee, the definitive pure little all-american virgin, and
Hunter
> > S. Thompson, on the same day. The cosmos remains balanced.
>
> Awesome observation. :-)
>
> Still hoping he left the definitive, gonzo suicide note.

Not a Suicide, No Note!

http://www.prisonplanet.tv/audio/140305flocco.htm

Lots of links to Bohemian Grove, and The Jeff Gannon / Guckart affair.
!