Converting Korg 5 file format

Last response: in Home Audio
February 21, 2005 7:28:08 AM

I'm not in the music field, but am trying to help out a musician. She
was having someone lay tracks to produce a recording when the Korg
Triton was stolen as part of a drug heist.

All she has left is a diskette with the following files: a) a small
..ksc file, b) a larger .sng file, c) and a much larger .pcg file.

Are these formats proprietary, and can they be converted into an open
format such as .wav? Which of the three files do I need to do that? I'm
sorry for my ignorance here, but I'm trying to help someone as best I
can.

I am looking for a format conversion tool, preferably open source to
run under Linux, but not necessarily.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 8:47:18 PM

These file will do you no go0d whatsoever without a Korg Triton. The
files are not sound as used in a .wav file, but rather instructions
telling the Triton how to play.

Find someone who has a Triton and convert the output into sound.

Richard H. Kuschel

I canna' change the Law o' Physics--scotty
!