Interest on DEPOSITS?

WHERE the money is being held, the dvration of nor the interest paid; was
not disclosed in the following QUESTIONABLE (please do not-reply) response:

Please do not reply to this email address. This email address is not
monitored for replies.

ORDER NUMBER: 431419306
SHIP TO ADDRESS:
Johann Backer
2010 Miami St

Sovth Bend IN 46613

Good news! Sprint PCS has approved yovr order for wireless service with a
refvndable deposit
of $125 per phone. In order to complete yovr order, all we need yov to do
is provide vs with
payment information in order to collect the payment.

TO PAY YOUR REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT AND SHIP YOUR PHONE:
Click below to enter payment information.
http://www.wirefly.com/ccvpdate.asp?1=132163165173167180&2=118117115118115123117114120&partnervrl=aaavirtval6

If yov do not wish to pay yovr deposit and ship yovr phone, no reply is
necessary.

Please be aware that this is a deposit, it is not a fee. Yovr deposit will
be retvrned to
yov by Sprint PCS at the end of yovr first year of service provided yov pay
yovr bills on time
each month.

Unless payment is provided, we have svspended fvrther processing of this
order for wireless
service with Sprint PCS.

We appreciate yovr bvsiness.

Sincerely,

4Phones.biz
Cvstomer Relations Department

Qvestions? Please visit http://www.whereismyorder.com for detailed
information on yovr order
and answers to freqvently asked qvestions.

Yov may obtain a free copy of yovr credit report by contacting one of the
agencies listed
below within sixty (60) days from the date yov receive this notice.

Yov have the right to dispvte with the agency the accvracy or completeness
of any of the information
in yovr credit report.

Eqvifax Transvnion Experian
P.O. Box 105873 P.O. Box 1000 P.O. Box 2002
Atlanta, GA 30348 Chester, PA 19022 Allen, TX 75013
(800)685-1111 (800)888-4213 (888)397-3742

Johann Backer wrote:
> WHERE the money is being held, the duration of nor the interest paid;
> was not disclosed in the following QUESTIONABLE (please do not-reply)
> response:

A reply from them:

There is not interest paid on a deposit.

Sincerely,

J. Sweeney

Customer Relations Department

In article <du6Xc.7381$Y94.6720@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
j_backer@REMOVEprodigy.net says...
> WHERE the money is being held, the duration of nor the interest paid; was
> not disclosed in the following QUESTIONABLE (please do not-reply) response:

Soo... ummm... you have a question? Yes, SPCS requires a deposit in
some cases. At the end of a year, assuming an account in good
standing, SPCS will pay it back. You appear to be intending to ask a
question, but I don't see that you ever actually asked it.

--
RØß
O/Siris

RØß Vargas wrote:
> In article <du6Xc.7381$Y94.6720@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
> j_backer@REMOVEprodigy.net says...
>> WHERE the money is being held, the duration of nor the interest
>> paid; was not disclosed in the following QUESTIONABLE (please do
>> not-reply) response:
>>

> Soo... ummm... you have a question? Yes, SPCS requires a deposit in
> some cases. At the end of a year, assuming an account in good
> standing, SPCS will pay it back. You appear to be intending to ask a
> question, but I don't see that you ever actually asked it.

The QUESTION was asked in the subject line.

The answer was made in the first follow-up (from an email received after
posting): they do NOT pay interest on required deposits.

Perhaps you have some additional information on interest being paid on
deposits?

They should pay you for having bad credit? Maybe they should charge
higher rates for those that need a deposit to pay that interest?

Jerome Zelinske wrote:

> They should pay you for having bad credit? Maybe they should charge
> higher rates for those that need a deposit to pay that interest?

Some companies, if they require a deposit, will pay interest. Why should they
not pay interest? I guarantee you that until the end of the deposit period, the
bank account your deposit sits in is generating interest for the company.

Jerome Zelinske wrote:
> They should pay you for having bad credit? Maybe they should charge
> higher rates for those that need a deposit to pay that interest?

Those who do not posess reading comprehension in the english language should
not attempt making a comment.

Desi

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2004

His comprehension is right on - try Verizon and see how much more they
require for a deposit. Sprint has the lowest deposit requirements for those
with bad credit than any other major carrier.

desi wrote:
> His comprehension is right on - try Verizon and see how much more they
> require for a deposit.

I have. Some require $400.00.

> Sprint has the lowest deposit requirements
> for those with bad credit than any other major carrier.

That fact was never disputed.

When I lived in Tampa, GTE (now Verizon) paid interest on deposits.
A move to South Bend: Ameritech (now SBC) paid interest on deposits and SBC
still does.

A reply from them: "There is not interest paid on a deposit", indicates that
not only do they NOT pay interest on deposits--- they have also outsourced
their CS Support to a fourth world country. "Not" instead of "no" is
improper word usage.

Johann Backer wrote:

> A reply from them: "There is not interest paid on a deposit", indicates that
> not only do they NOT pay interest on deposits--- they have also outsourced
> their CS Support to a fourth world country. "Not" instead of "no" is
> improper word usage.

Wow. That's a useless analogy.

Sprint has closed some of its call centers but I don't think they've moved any
call center functions offshore. Do you really think all Americans speak perfect
English and speak without an accent? If so, I have some news for you...

> WHERE the money is being held, the duration of nor the interest paid; was
> not disclosed in the following QUESTIONABLE (please do not-reply)
> response:
[snip]
> Good news! Sprint PCS has approved your order for wireless service with a
> refundable deposit
> of $125 per phone.

What gives me pause is this:

> TO PAY YOUR REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT AND SHIP YOUR PHONE:
> Click below to enter payment information.
> http://www.wirefly.com/ccupdate.asp?1=132163165173167180&2=118117115118115123117114120&partnerurl=aaavirtual6

And...

> Sincerely,
>
> 4Phones.biz
> Customer Relations Department

Clearly, you're not dealing with Sprint PCS directly, and Sprintpcs does not
do business as wirefly.com nor as 4Phone.biz. As such, I'd be very suspect
about where this "deposit" is going. If your credit is bad or nonexistent,
Sprint will usually ask for a deposit upon activation of the phone, not
before it is even shipped to you.

I'd cancel the order and deal direct with Sprint.

>> Soo... ummm... you have a question? Yes, SPCS requires a deposit in
>> some cases. At the end of a year, assuming an account in good
>> standing, SPCS will pay it back. You appear to be intending to ask a
>> question, but I don't see that you ever actually asked it.
>
> The QUESTION was asked in the subject line.

So your question was "Interest on DEPOSITS?"

Uhh, what about interest on deposits? If you're going to ask a question,
make sure you at least use complete sentences. And it's also helpful is you
ask your question in the message body, instead of the subject line.

"Johann Backer" <j_backer@REMOVEprodigy.net> wrote in message
> Jerome Zelinske wrote:
>> They should pay you for having bad credit? Maybe they should charge
>> higher rates for those that need a deposit to pay that interest?
>
> Those who do not posess reading comprehension in the english language
> should
> not attempt making a comment.

Nor should they be asking "questions," especially when they seem to answer
those questions on their own.

> desi wrote:
>> His comprehension is right on - try Verizon and see how much more they
>> require for a deposit.
>
> I have. Some require $400.00.

With that qinning attitude, I'm sure your credit is stellar. ;)

> That fact was never disputed.
>
> When I lived in Tampa, GTE (now Verizon) paid interest on deposits.
> A move to South Bend: Ameritech (now SBC) paid interest on deposits and
> SBC
> still does.

Then go to Verizon, or to SBC-owned Cingular. I'm sure that your $400
deposit will go much father on the 0.7% premium APY that most banks are
offering for money market accounts, than would your $125 deposit with
Sprint. Or, you could just write off the whole 87 cents that Sprint would
have given you on a year's interest on that $125 deposit.

Isaiah Beard wrote:
> "Johann Backer" <j_backer@REMOVEprodigy.net> wrote in message
>> Jerome Zelinske wrote:
>>> They should pay you for having bad credit? Maybe they should charge
>>> higher rates for those that need a deposit to pay that interest?
>>
>> Those who do not posess reading comprehension in the english language
>> should
>> not attempt making a comment.
>
> Nor should they be asking "questions," especially when they seem to
> answer those questions on their own.

There is no "seem" to it. I sent a followup on what I had received since the
post.
THAT is referred to as--- courtesy.

I comprehended that a deposit was required from you. I comprehended
that you wanted interest paid to you on that deposit. Comprehend that I
do not think interest should be paid on deposits.

Jerome Zelinske wrote:
> I comprehended that a deposit was required from you. I comprehended
> that you wanted interest paid to you on that deposit. Comprehend
> that I do not think interest should be paid on deposits.

And do you comprehend that I live in the USA?

If so, then you know that full disclosure is required?

> Jerome Zelinske wrote:
> > I comprehended that a deposit was required from you. I comprehended
> > that you wanted interest paid to you on that deposit. Comprehend
> > that I do not think interest should be paid on deposits.
>

> And do you comprehend that I live in the USA?
>
> If so, then you know that full disclosure is required?

Full disclosure does not mean itemizing things that WON'T occur.

"Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:tvydndsAe9CCGq3cRVn-rA@adelphia.com...

> "Johann Backer" <j_backer@REMOVEprodigy.net> wrote in message
>> Jerome Zelinske wrote:
>> > I comprehended that a deposit was required from you. I comprehended
>> > that you wanted interest paid to you on that deposit. Comprehend
>> > that I do not think interest should be paid on deposits.
>>

>> And do you comprehend that I live in the USA?
>>
>> If so, then you know that full disclosure is required?
>>

> Full disclosure does not mean itemizing things that WON'T occur.

If I'm not mistaken, whether or not interest is paid on a security deposit
is up to each state legislature.

--

John Richards

"John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote in
message news:1X5Yc.1200$t13.1140@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...
> "Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Johann Backer" <j_backer@REMOVEprodigy.net> wrote in message
> >>

> >> And do you comprehend that I live in the USA?
> >>
> >> If so, then you know that full disclosure is required?
> >>

> > Full disclosure does not mean itemizing things that WON'T occur.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, whether or not interest is paid on a security deposit
> is up to each state legislature.
>
> --
Only for state regualted utilities.

Well, seeing as you have to have a US address to get Sprint PCS
service, I kind of thought you did live in the USA. I do too. You were
told it was a deposit. You were told how much it was. You were told it
was until you have paid your bills on time for 12 straight months. I
understand that is all you are *required* to be told. And I do not
think there should be any further requirements.
I too am wondering how those non Sprint PCS address figure in?

In article <0xnXc.7670$Y94.5791@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
j_backer@REMOVEprodigy.net says...
> The answer was made in the first follow-up (from an email received after
> posting): they do NOT pay interest on required deposits.

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted. I don't generally read responses
before I respond. Sorry for missing the question.

You've been given the answer, though.

--
RØß
O/Siris

"O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.côm> wrote in message
> In article <0xnXc.7670$Y94.5791@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
> j_backer@REMOVEprodigy.net says...
> > The answer was made in the first follow-up (from an email received after
> > posting): they do NOT pay interest on required deposits.
> >

> Yeah, I noticed that after I posted. I don't generally read responses
> before I respond. Sorry for missing the question.
>
> You've been given the answer, though.
>
> --
> RX_
> O/Siris

Rob, always a wise move to read the first few replies before putting in
one's two cents worth ... No need to duplicate someone else's correct answer
unless that reply needs some corrections as well ... :).

Bob