Can't install Madden 2005

It's unable to write SPCHDATA.DAT. Any solution?

Jonah Falcon

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
> It's unable to write SPCHDATA.DAT. Any solution?

Hey, you got further than me. It won't even begin to install on my
machine.

Steve Tilson

--
"Ha ha! You said 'nuclear.' It's 'nukular,' dummy. The S is silent."
- Peter Griffin

<SteveTilson@rightbehindyou.com> wrote in message
> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> It's unable to write SPCHDATA.DAT. Any solution?
>
> Hey, you got further than me. It won't even begin to install on my
> machine.

I managed to install it with repeated "Retry". Whew.

Jonah Falcon

jayhawker

SteveTilson@rightbehindyou.com wrote:
> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>It's unable to write SPCHDATA.DAT. Any solution?
>

> Hey, you got further than me. It won't even begin to install on my
> machine.
>
> Steve Tilson

This is the reason I gave up on PC gaming. It's just stupid.

Jayhawker

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
> <SteveTilson@rightbehindyou.com> wrote in message
> > "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >> It's unable to write SPCHDATA.DAT. Any solution?
> >
> > Hey, you got further than me. It won't even begin to install on my
> > machine.
>
> I managed to install it with repeated "Retry". Whew.

I had to go in and terminate all user processes. Time to drag out
End-It-All, I guess.

I had to reinstall NBA Live2k5 recently (actually, I wouldn't have *had*
to, but I did anyway) and it got stuck on a particular file. Turned out
the disc had a smudge on it.

Steve Tilson