Trouble Installing Windows 7 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon0000

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Heeeeey Everyone :wahoo:

I need a little help here with installing Windows 7 64bit. Right now I am running Windows Vista 32 bit on a AMD Phenom II X2 3.1 ghz based pc, so I want to update to the 64 bit Windows 7. I created me the ISO disc and moved the file I downloaded from Microsoft there. I placed the disc in my drive, rebooted my system, hit the "boot from dvd" and the system starts loading the windows files from the disc.

I get a windows logo and "Starting Windows" screen, and then it goes to a nice screen with some little flowery design on it that is blank, and thats it. It seems to treat the disc like it is the operating system and not a boot disc to install windows 7.....not sure why this is happening.....Any help would be appreciated :D

Solution
I had the exact same problem. Solution? Be patient and wait. I had to wait for like 10 minutes before the first window opened up, but it does eventually. Also note that one you specify the install language and time-zone, it will take an equally long time to load the second question box, but that's about it. After that the install should be swift and quick.

gamefreak94

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I had the exact same problem. Solution? Be patient and wait. I had to wait for like 10 minutes before the first window opened up, but it does eventually. Also note that one you specify the install language and time-zone, it will take an equally long time to load the second question box, but that's about it. After that the install should be swift and quick.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS