what shotgun capsule to use with an AKG 460B?

Last response: in Home Audio
February 22, 2005 2:21:35 AM

Hello,

what shotgun capsule to use with an AKG 460B? I know a ck8 is for a 451
but what about a 460B? Anyone have 2 for sale?

peace
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 11:58:38 AM

In article <210220052321359301%not@allreal.com>, G4 <not@allreal.com> wrote:

>what shotgun capsule to use with an AKG 460B? I know a ck8 is for a 451
>but what about a 460B? Anyone have 2 for sale?

The CK-69 will go on the 460 and 480 bodies. It doesn't really have very
much reach; if you're looking for dialogue recording mikes you are probably
better off with the old Sennheisers. I'll see them on booms now and then,
though and they seem to be okay in high humidity. Lots of upper midrange
spikes, though, even worse than the Sennheisers.
--scott
February 23, 2005 12:36:45 AM

Thanks for the input.
peace