Football Simulation.

Need advise,
I use play football pro 98 (which I consider one of the
better simulations) one of the best aspects of the game is the line of
scrimmage play.If I create a superior defensive end, for example Deacon
Jones, going up against a weak offensive tackle he would knock the
tackle on his butt and sack the quarterback. When I try the same thing
with Madden 2003 and ESPN 2k5 I dont get these results.I can change the
offensive tackle rating to 0 and still the offensive tackle holds his
own against the dominate defensive end. I believe both the games
mentioned are good simulation games but that aspect of the game is
lacking. Does anyone know if there are games out there that corrects
this issue?
2 answers Last reply
More about football simulation
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    >Need advise,
    > I use play football pro 98 (which I consider one of the
    >better simulations) one of the best aspects of the game is the line of
    >scrimmage play.If I create a superior defensive end, for example Deacon
    >Jones, going up against a weak offensive tackle he would knock the
    >tackle on his butt and sack the quarterback. When I try the same thing
    >with Madden 2003 and ESPN 2k5 I dont get these results.I can change the
    >offensive tackle rating to 0 and still the offensive tackle holds his
    >own against the dominate defensive end. I believe both the games
    >mentioned are good simulation games but that aspect of the game is
    >lacking. Does anyone know if there are games out there that corrects
    >this issue?

    In my view Strat-O-Matic Football is a great NFL simulation
    game with teams from the past (as far back as 1964) to the
    present. You can play games against the computer or head-
    to-head over the internet and there are many others who play
    and participate in leagues (I run a head-to-head keeper draft
    league SOMIFA at www.somiba.com/somifa.html). If playing
    against the computer many people like to play all of the games
    of their favorite team against the computer and let the computer
    autoplay the rest of the schedule. It only takes a few seconds
    for the computer to autoplay a game and the computer coach
    is very competitive.
    There are almost no graphics to speak of as the graphics are
    just x's and o's moving on the screen. If graphics are important
    to you then Strat is not for you. Also, Strat is a very small
    company (though they've been around since 1960) so if you
    are looking for mass marketing or being able to buy the game
    at electronics boutique then it won't happen.

    Strat handles sacks individually so a great DE will have a great
    pass rush rating and be matched up against the T he's lined
    up against and depending upon the "dice roll" (virtual dice roll)
    he will likely get the sack unless facing a stud T.
    Strat games are all about strategy, player cards and rating
    (which represent player talent), and luck (which represents a
    player making a great play, an okay play, or a poor play) in
    approximately equal amounts. It's a lot of fun to try to adjust
    your strategies to what your opponent is doing -- "he threw
    a long pass last time it was 2nd and short so I will guard
    more against that this time"; almost every play has this sort
    of cat-and-mouse.

    Strat's not-particularly-developed web site is
    www.strat-o-matic.com but you can find much more information
    on the Strat message board www.stratfanforum.com where a
    lot of people will help you understand more about the game
    pre- or post-purchase.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    If you are not into graphics you might look at Action! PC
    Football...Excellent text based football sim with many playcalling options
    on both offense and defense.
    Superior in many ways to SOMFB, especially the copy protection part, no
    hassles...check it out at:
    http://www.dksports.com/

    Charlie
    <PROVTECH01@YAHOO.COM> wrote in message
    > Need advise,
    > I use play football pro 98 (which I consider one of the
    > better simulations) one of the best aspects of the game is the line of
    > scrimmage play.If I create a superior defensive end, for example Deacon
    > Jones, going up against a weak offensive tackle he would knock the
    > tackle on his butt and sack the quarterback. When I try the same thing
    > with Madden 2003 and ESPN 2k5 I dont get these results.I can change the
    > offensive tackle rating to 0 and still the offensive tackle holds his
    > own against the dominate defensive end. I believe both the games
    > mentioned are good simulation games but that aspect of the game is
    > lacking. Does anyone know if there are games out there that corrects
    > this issue?

PC gaming Games Video Games