Can CD Architect 4.0g be made to work with Windows XP?

Last response: in Home Audio
February 22, 2005 2:15:14 PM

I have CD Architect 4.0g running in Sound Forge 4.5a. Both programs
work fine under Win 9X, but I want to retire the 9x machine and move
everything to an XP machine. Under XP, CD Architect will not recognize
the CD burning drive. The Select Drive function detects nothing. Using
the "advanced" function to manually select shows the SCSI controllers,
but every SCSI ID is labeled "no device".

The drive is a Ricoh 6200S, which is moved from 9X machine where it
works fine with CD Architect. I had to move that specific drive, since
it is on the short list of drives supported by CD Architect. In the XP
machine, The Ricoh is seen by the OS and recognized by other CD buring
programs such as Nero 6.

The ASPI_YOU utility reports:
Num Adapters = 4
Ho/ID/Lu Manufac Model Rev Type
0,0,0 WDC WD12 00JB-00FUA0 15.0 Disk
1,0,0 LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S HS0R CD-Rom
1,1,0 LITE-ON LTR-52246S 6S0F CD-Rom
2,5,0 RICOH MP6200S 2.40 CD-Rom
2,6,0 CONNER CTT8000-S 1.17 Tape
3,4,0 WDC WD16 00JB-00DUA3 75.1 Disk

ASPICHK reports ASPI32.SYS is 4.71.2, WOWPOST.EXE is 4.6(1021),
WINASPI.DLL is 4.6(1021), and WNASPI32.DLL is 4.71.2. These are the
latest from Adaptec.

Does anyone know how to make this software work under XP? The CD
Architect program is worthless without a CD burner, since it is unable
to write an image file that could be used by other burning software.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 5:11:03 PM

h7qvnk7q001@sneakemail.com wrote:

> Does anyone know how to make this software work under XP?

Yes I do. Right click on the CD Architect Icon and choose *Properties*.
Under the *Compatibility* tab choose *Compatibiltiy mode*, check the box
entitled * run this program...* and choose *Windows 98/Me*. All should
be fine at that point.

After that go to the Sony web site and upgrade to 5.0 for $99. There are
quite a few updates that make 5.0 worth it among them XP compatibility.
Also 5.2 with CD Text reading capabilities is coming out pretty soon.

PapaNate
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 8:30:57 PM

<h7qvnk7q001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
>I have CD Architect 4.0g running in Sound Forge 4.5a. Both programs
> work fine under Win 9X, but I want to retire the 9x machine and move
> everything to an XP machine. Under XP, CD Architect will not recognize

Ask on :

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/forums/ShowTopics...

geoff
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 8:33:50 PM

<h7qvnk7q001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
>I have CD Architect 4.0g running in Sound Forge 4.5a. Both programs
> work fine under Win 9X, but I want to retire the 9x machine and move

It should work - certainly did under NT4, which is the same core software.

But suggest you register for "News" with Sony, because the often to
excellent intro offers on new versions, and SoundForge 8 is just about due,
with CD Architect 5.2 bundled in.

geoff
!