MVP 2005 - PC - How can I change the display resolution?

There doesn't seem to be anyway to change the resolution. What am I
missing?

TIA

Mark
16 answers Last reply
More about 2005 change display resolution
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    I haven't installed my copy yet...but it should be under options or display
    options.

    --
    Jamie

    Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know
    whether you did it or not.
    ....O.W.

    Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    ....Howard Aiken
    "Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message
    > There doesn't seem to be anyway to change the resolution. What am I
    > missing?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Mark

  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Ok click my MVP then video options. It looks like you may to create a
    profile for the settings to be saved.

    --
    Jamie

    Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know
    whether you did it or not.
    ....O.W.

    Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    ....Howard Aiken
    "Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message
    > There doesn't seem to be anyway to change the resolution. What am I
    > missing?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Mark

  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Out already??? Very cool

    How is it guys?

    Jamie

    "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote in message
    > Ok click my MVP then video options. It looks like you may to create a
    > profile for the settings to be saved.
    >
    > --
    > Jamie
    >
    > Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
    > know whether you did it or not.
    > ...O.W.
    >
    > Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    > you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    > ...Howard Aiken
    > "Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message
    >> There doesn't seem to be anyway to change the resolution. What am I
    >> missing?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Mark

  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    I think it is great

    "Doc" <jamiet@nbnetspam.nb.ca> wrote in message
    > Out already??? Very cool
    >
    > How is it guys?
    >
    > Jamie
    >
    > "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote in message
    >> Ok click my MVP then video options. It looks like you may to create a
    >> profile for the settings to be saved.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jamie
    >>
    >> Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
    >> know whether you did it or not.
    >> ...O.W.
    >>
    >> Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    >> you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    >> ...Howard Aiken
    >> "Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message
    >>> There doesn't seem to be anyway to change the resolution. What am I
    >>> missing?
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> Mark

  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    pretty good so far. There a few graphics issues that need to be addressed.
    One of them, the grass issue, you can fix yourself. Gameplay is better than
    last year. There are more strikeouts, walks and foulballs. There are more
    sliders than last year, I haven't even touched them yet. Its only 30 bucks
    this year too. You should check it out.

    --

    >I think it is great
    >
    > "Doc" <jamiet@nbnetspam.nb.ca> wrote in message
    >> Out already??? Very cool
    >>
    >> How is it guys?
    >>
    >> Jamie
    >>
    >> "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote in message
    >>> Ok click my MVP then video options. It looks like you may to create a
    >>> profile for the settings to be saved.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Jamie
    >>>
    >>> Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
    >>> know whether you did it or not.
    >>> ...O.W.
    >>>
    >>> Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
    >>> good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    >>> ...Howard Aiken
    >>> "Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message

  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Ugh, I'm glad you like it, because this game reminds me of Triple Play --
    assinine AI, unbelievable (in a bad way) action, and a franchise mode that
    just reeks. Waste of money.

    Jonah Falcon

    > pretty good so far. There a few graphics issues that need to be
    > addressed. One of them, the grass issue, you can fix yourself. Gameplay is
    > better than last year. There are more strikeouts, walks and foulballs.
    > There are more sliders than last year, I haven't even touched them yet.
    > Its only 30 bucks this year too. You should check it out.
    >
    > --
    > Jamie
    >
    > Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
    > know whether you did it or not.
    > ...O.W.
    >
    > Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    > you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    > ...Howard Aiken
    > "Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message
    >>I think it is great
    >>
    >> "Doc" <jamiet@nbnetspam.nb.ca> wrote in message
    >>> Out already??? Very cool
    >>>
    >>> How is it guys?
    >>>
    >>> Jamie
    >>>
    >>> "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote in message

  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > assinine AI, unbelievable (in a bad way) action

    I'd like to hear some specific examples.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    How about a couple of examples Jonah?
    I have played for three days now, about 30 games, and have yet to see
    anything horrible.

    In fact I saw what was probably the single most cool play I have ever seen
    in a
    baseball game.
    Pujols dives and stretches for a ball that is shot up between 1st and 2nd.
    Laying on the ground for a second with me pushing the button to have him
    throw to first, he rasies himsefl with his glove hand and throws the ball
    under his armpit back toward for the out.

    "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > Ugh, I'm glad you like it, because this game reminds me of Triple Play --
    > assinine AI, unbelievable (in a bad way) action, and a franchise mode that
    > just reeks. Waste of money.
    >
    > Jonah Falcon
    >
    > "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote in message
    >> pretty good so far. There a few graphics issues that need to be
    >> addressed. One of them, the grass issue, you can fix yourself. Gameplay
    >> is better than last year. There are more strikeouts, walks and
    >> foulballs. There are more sliders than last year, I haven't even touched
    >> them yet. Its only 30 bucks this year too. You should check it out.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jamie
    >>
    >> Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
    >> know whether you did it or not.
    >> ...O.W.
    >>
    >> Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    >> you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    >> ...Howard Aiken
    >> "Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message
    >>>I think it is great
    >>>
    >>> "Doc" <jamiet@nbnetspam.nb.ca> wrote in message

  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    No offence Johan but I do not think you have said one good thing about any
    game in the past year.
    You used to explain yourself and give examples but do not now...perhaps it
    is someone else just signing your name??

    Jamie

    "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > Ugh, I'm glad you like it, because this game reminds me of Triple Play --
    > assinine AI, unbelievable (in a bad way) action, and a franchise mode that
    > just reeks. Waste of money.
    >
    > Jonah Falcon
    >
    > "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote in message
    >> pretty good so far. There a few graphics issues that need to be
    >> addressed. One of them, the grass issue, you can fix yourself. Gameplay
    >> is better than last year. There are more strikeouts, walks and
    >> foulballs. There are more sliders than last year, I haven't even touched
    >> them yet. Its only 30 bucks this year too. You should check it out.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jamie
    >>
    >> Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
    >> know whether you did it or not.
    >> ...O.W.
    >>
    >> Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    >> you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    >> ...Howard Aiken
    >> "Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message
    >>>I think it is great
    >>>
    >>> "Doc" <jamiet@nbnetspam.nb.ca> wrote in message

  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Here's what cool thing happen to me today. I was watching a CPU vs CPU
    game. <To me this is the best way to check out the AI>. Anyway it was the
    Nationals<home team> vs Braves. Bottom of the 10th 3-2 Braves. Runner on
    1st and no outs, the pitcher is up. I'm thinking there should be a pinch
    hitter in this situation. I pause the game and find out there is only one
    pinch hitter left. So I just let it be. The pitcher bunts in front of the
    bag, the catcher gets the ball and throws it to second. The throw pulls the
    runner off the bag and both runners are safe. AI pinch runs for the
    pitcher. Anyway the Nationals end up winning 4-2.

    --

    > No offence Johan but I do not think you have said one good thing about any
    > game in the past year.
    > You used to explain yourself and give examples but do not now...perhaps it
    > is someone else just signing your name??
    >
    > Jamie
    >
    > "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> Ugh, I'm glad you like it, because this game reminds me of Triple Play --
    >> assinine AI, unbelievable (in a bad way) action, and a franchise mode
    >> that just reeks. Waste of money.
    >>
    >> Jonah Falcon
    >>
    >> "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote in message
    >>> pretty good so far. There a few graphics issues that need to be
    >>> addressed. One of them, the grass issue, you can fix yourself. Gameplay
    >>> is better than last year. There are more strikeouts, walks and
    >>> foulballs. There are more sliders than last year, I haven't even touched
    >>> them yet. Its only 30 bucks this year too. You should check it out.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Jamie
    >>>
    >>> Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
    >>> know whether you did it or not.
    >>> ...O.W.
    >>>
    >>> Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
    >>> good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    >>> ...Howard Aiken
    >>> "Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message

  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:59:32 -0800, "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com>
    wrote:

    >pretty good so far. There a few graphics issues that need to be addressed.
    >One of them, the grass issue, you can fix yourself. Gameplay is better than
    >last year. There are more strikeouts, walks and foulballs. There are more
    >sliders than last year, I haven't even touched them yet. Its only 30 bucks
    >this year too. You should check it out.

    Do you have to adjust the sliders like last years......so that not
    every other ball hit to the OF goes to the wall and ends up being a
    triple or inside-the-park HR?????
    ---------------

    Remove 24 to reply.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    how do you fix the grass problem?

    "Dan P." <silverho24@charter.net> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:59:32 -0800, "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>pretty good so far. There a few graphics issues that need to be
    >>addressed.
    >>One of them, the grass issue, you can fix yourself. Gameplay is better
    >>than
    >>last year. There are more strikeouts, walks and foulballs. There are
    >>more
    >>sliders than last year, I haven't even touched them yet. Its only 30
    >>bucks
    >>this year too. You should check it out.
    >
    > Do you have to adjust the sliders like last years......so that not
    > every other ball hit to the OF goes to the wall and ends up being a
    > triple or inside-the-park HR?????
    > ---------------
    >
    > Remove 24 to reply.
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Depending on the video card you have. I have a GeForce card, it should work
    with any card though.
    Using Windows XP
    Right click on your desktop, click properties then click on the settings tab
    click advanced then click on your video card's name tab
    click on additions properties
    then click on performance and settings
    then find Anisotropic filtering
    uncheck Application controlled
    then move the slider all to the right...8x
    That should do it for you.

    Here is a decent site to check out for MVP.
    http://www.mvpmods.com

    --

    > how do you fix the grass problem?
    >
    > "Dan P." <silverho24@charter.net> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:59:32 -0800, "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>pretty good so far. There a few graphics issues that need to be
    >>>addressed.
    >>>One of them, the grass issue, you can fix yourself. Gameplay is better
    >>>than
    >>>last year. There are more strikeouts, walks and foulballs. There are
    >>>more
    >>>sliders than last year, I haven't even touched them yet. Its only 30
    >>>bucks
    >>>this year too. You should check it out.
    >>
    >> Do you have to adjust the sliders like last years......so that not
    >> every other ball hit to the OF goes to the wall and ends up being a
    >> triple or inside-the-park HR?????
    >> ---------------
    >>
    >> Remove 24 to reply.

  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    thanks
    works great

    > Depending on the video card you have. I have a GeForce card, it should
    > work with any card though.
    > Using Windows XP
    > Right click on your desktop, click properties then click on the settings
    > tab
    > click advanced then click on your video card's name tab
    > click on additions properties
    > then click on performance and settings
    > then find Anisotropic filtering
    > uncheck Application controlled
    > then move the slider all to the right...8x
    > That should do it for you.
    >
    > Here is a decent site to check out for MVP.
    > http://www.mvpmods.com
    >
    > --
    > Jamie
    >
    > Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
    > know whether you did it or not.
    > ...O.W.
    >
    > Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    > you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    > ...Howard Aiken
    > "Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message
    >> how do you fix the grass problem?
    >>
    >> "Dan P." <silverho24@charter.net> wrote in message

    >>> Do you have to adjust the sliders like last years......so that not
    >>> every other ball hit to the OF goes to the wall and ends up being a
    >>> triple or inside-the-park HR?????
    >>> ---------------
    >>>
    >>> Remove 24 to reply.

  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Sure thing! I'm glad it worked for ya!

    --

    > thanks
    > works great
    >
    > "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote in message
    >> Depending on the video card you have. I have a GeForce card, it should
    >> work with any card though.
    >> Using Windows XP
    >> Right click on your desktop, click properties then click on the settings
    >> tab
    >> click advanced then click on your video card's name tab
    >> click on additions properties
    >> then click on performance and settings
    >> then find Anisotropic filtering
    >> uncheck Application controlled
    >> then move the slider all to the right...8x
    >> That should do it for you.
    >>
    >> Here is a decent site to check out for MVP.
    >> http://www.mvpmods.com
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jamie
    >>
    >> Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
    >> know whether you did it or not.
    >> ...O.W.
    >>
    >> Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    >> you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    >> ...Howard Aiken
    >> "Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message
    >>> how do you fix the grass problem?
    >>>
    >>> "Dan P." <silverho24@charter.net> wrote in message

  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Two reviews out for it so far (both liked it). More should appear as web
    sites finally test it.

    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/mvpbaseball2005

    "Doc" <jamiet@nbnetspam.nb.ca> wrote in message
    > Out already??? Very cool
    >
    > How is it guys?
    >
    > Jamie
    >
    > "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote in message
    > > Ok click my MVP then video options. It looks like you may to create a
    > > profile for the settings to be saved.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jamie
    > >
    > > Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
    > > know whether you did it or not.
    > > ...O.W.
    > >
    > > Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
    good,
    > > you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    > > ...Howard Aiken
    > > "Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message
    > >> There doesn't seem to be anyway to change the resolution. What am I
    > >> missing?
    > >>
    > >> TIA
    > >>
    > >> Mark

PC gaming Resolution Games IBM Video Games Displays