Sudip Mahajan

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Hello,
I m having a BSNL BroadBand(dtaone) connection at home. I wish to buy a wireless router, to facilitate net access from my mobile and laptop through wi-fi. My question is
a)whether to buy a wireless router, or to buy a wireless modem-router?
b)What are advantages of both?
c)I was interested N300 DSL 2750U d-link model, does it
allow storage of username and password of my BSNL connection inside the router itself? This is not mentioned by the manufacturer.
d) I should be able to use the modem router, as only a router if required(i.e. I should be able to turn off the modem). This is required if I want to play games over the LAN with my friends?
Thanking you in advance...

BadAsAl

Distinguished
a) First make sure the modem they provide doesn't already have built in wireless (called a Gateway). If it does not, then all you will need is a wireless router.
b) Buying a Gateway is likely more expensive over just a wireless router and will likely add complication, and frankly, is not necessary.
c) yes, you will be able to setup the router to apply any user name and password necessary to establish an internet connection.
d) With a wireless router you can simply unplug the LAN cable from the modem when you want to only use your network to play games. There are other ways, but this is simplest.