  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 1:55:59 AM

Hi All,

My TMobile monthly is $39.99 and my Sprint was $39.99 (currently
$40.00).

Without additional features, I notice that my TMobile monthly bill
with taxes and fees is the same at $48.86. My Sprint monthly goes up
and down a few pennies, but usually around $.30 more or less .

I planned to add lines and canceled one of the carrier. I called
Sprint and asked for an explanation, the representative said she
didn't know the answer. When I asked to speak to someone that may
know the answer because even though it's a few pennies a month when
you scale it up to millions of accounts it's substantial, she hung up
on me, may be she knew the answer after all.

Anybody else have multiple carriers and the discripancy? Do we have
a case against Sprint here?

cheers

More about : sprint penny gauging customers

Anonymous
September 5, 2004 1:56:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular@JustThe.net,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

DigiTrash wrote regarding differences in monthly bills with T-Mobile and Sprint:

> Anybody else have multiple carriers and the discripancy? Do we have
> a case against Sprint here?

No. (cross-posting to the other relevant newsgroups)

September 5, 2004 7:06:28 PM

My response to you in the Cingular newsgroup:

You're sure wasting your time over pennies, as you said it goes up and down
so what's the difference. The difference is go off the beaten path with
that T-Mobile brick and that's all you have, with SPCS you'll have service
over 97% of the US. The choice is simple. Personally I had Cingular and
SPCS and dropped Cingular due to their lousy quality on the 850 mhz GSM
transition (from TDMA) systems around the country.

Chris

"DigiTrash" <HereThereEverywhere@ndNoWhere.net> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> My TMobile monthly is $39.99 and my Sprint was $39.99 (currently
> $40.00).
>
> Without additional features, I notice that my TMobile monthly bill
> with taxes and fees is the same at $48.86. My Sprint monthly goes up
> and down a few pennies, but usually around $.30 more or less .
>
> I planned to add lines and canceled one of the carrier. I called
> Sprint and asked for an explanation, the representative said she
> didn't know the answer. When I asked to speak to someone that may
> know the answer because even though it's a few pennies a month when
> you scale it up to millions of accounts it's substantial, she hung up
> on me, may be she knew the answer after all.
>
> Anybody else have multiple carriers and the discripancy? Do we have
> a case against Sprint here?
>
> cheers
September 6, 2004 2:01:36 AM

DigiTrash wrote:

> It's NOT the pennies.
> It's the principle and scale of economy if the company is taking
> advantage of customers ... Pennies to you but it's
> $.30 x number of Sprint customers...... to Sprint.

Have you read your bill? Sometimes you can find a lot of answers just
by looking at the bills and finding out what's fluctating. Maybe you
sent an SMS a couple months that got charged a little it more one month.
Who knows? Certainly none of us.

> I guess you don't mind it if all of your service providers, credit
> card companies, utilities companies, gas(oline) companies, etc.....
> each adds a few pennies or $.30 to your bills then....

Yeah we kinda do... but you know what? We look at our bills and find
the discrepancy, if any before we start assuming a conspiracy is afoot.
From what you'v todld us, you've done none of that. And so, none of
us can help you.

My suggestion is to look at your bill and find out what was different in
each of those months, and list it here. that way we can look, and maybe
see if we can corroborate your paranoia or not.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
September 6, 2004 1:58:30 PM

Hey, I don't like my paranoia corroborated. I prefer thinking it is
only me that is being attacked. hihi ):(

Isaiah Beard wrote:
> DigiTrash wrote:
>
>> It's NOT the pennies. It's the principle and scale of economy if the
>> company is taking
>> advantage of customers ... Pennies to you but it's $.30 x number of
>> Sprint customers...... to Sprint.
>

> Have you read your bill? Sometimes you can find a lot of answers just
> by looking at the bills and finding out what's fluctating. Maybe you
> sent an SMS a couple months that got charged a little it more one month.
> Who knows? Certainly none of us.
>
>> I guess you don't mind it if all of your service providers, credit
>> card companies, utilities companies, gas(oline) companies, etc.....
>> each adds a few pennies or $.30 to your bills then....
>

> Yeah we kinda do... but you know what? We look at our bills and find
> the discrepancy, if any before we start assuming a conspiracy is afoot.
> From what you'v todld us, you've done none of that. And so, none of us
> can help you.
>
> My suggestion is to look at your bill and find out what was different in
> each of those months, and list it here. that way we can look, and maybe
> see if we can corroborate your paranoia or not.

Anonymous
September 6, 2004 6:37:00 PM

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 22:01:36 -0400, Isaiah Beard
<sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

>DigiTrash wrote:
>
>> It's NOT the pennies.
>> It's the principle and scale of economy if the company is taking
>> advantage of customers ... Pennies to you but it's
>> $.30 x number of Sprint customers...... to Sprint.
>
>Have you read your bill? Sometimes you can find a lot of answers just
>by looking at the bills and finding out what's fluctating. Maybe you
>sent an SMS a couple months that got charged a little it more one month.
> Who knows? Certainly none of us.
Did that... I talked to two Sprint customer service representatives,
they couldn't explain the fluctuations. Both said that it should have
been the same and they couldn't understand why.

>> I guess you don't mind it if all of your service providers, credit
>> card companies, utilities companies, gas(oline) companies, etc.....
>> each adds a few pennies or $.30 to your bills then....
>
>Yeah we kinda do... but you know what? We look at our bills and find
>the discrepancy, if any before we start assuming a conspiracy is afoot.
It's not clear as day sometimes. Do a "Google" on "gouging customer"
and see how many articles come up referring to the carriers a few
years back. Those pennies added up to Billions. Remember those
pennies that the oil/gas companies added at the pump years ago during
the oil/gas crisis.

> From what you'v todld us, you've done none of that. And so, none of
>us can help you.
Did that.... TMobile - lump the fees instead of itemized them.

>My suggestion is to look at your bill and find out what was different in
>each of those months, and list it here. that way we can look, and maybe
>see if we can corroborate your paranoia or not.
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 4:31:39 PM

DigiTrash wrote:

> On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 22:01:36 -0400, Isaiah Beard
> <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:
>>Have you read your bill? Sometimes you can find a lot of answers just
>>by looking at the bills and finding out what's fluctating. Maybe you
>>sent an SMS a couple months that got charged a little it more one month.
>> Who knows? Certainly none of us.
>
> Did that... I talked to two Sprint customer service representatives,
> they couldn't explain the fluctuations. Both said that it should have
> been the same and they couldn't understand why.

Can you list the items that fluctuated here and what the amounts were,
so we can see what fluctuated and by how much? What heading were these
fluctuating costs under?

>> From what you'v todld us, you've done none of that. And so, none of
>>us can help you.
>
> Did that.... TMobile - lump the fees instead of itemized them.

Are you saying that Tmobile lumps the fees and doesn't itemize them? if
so, then what about Sprint?

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
September 8, 2004 8:48:14 PM

In article <hmsoj013e3oqbcg5ntmhnptl6fq5lvdiqv@4ax.com>,
HereThereEverywhere@ndNoWhere.net says...
> Did that.... TMobile - lump the fees instead of itemized them.

What *specific* fees are varying from month to month? What *exact* line
item on your bill is changing?

--
RØß
O/Siris