flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Ok, now that I have an 80GB RAID 0 array of 2 D740X's and a 120GB DM+9 I'm transferring all the stuff I don't use on a regular basis (iso's, movies, etc.) to the 120GB. I now have 33 gigs from on the raid, so obviously I wanna defrag b/c the hdd is totally fragmented. However, when I run O&O defrag my system crashes after completing a little bit and windows defrag gives an error too and I have to restart b/c a constant error that says "Hard error". I'm running Windows XP Pro (all updates except SP1), 1.2GHz T-Bird, 1GB DDR, AD11 (AMD761 Chipset), 52x reader, 40x Samsung burner, Quadro DCC, SB Live Platinum. This thing has been going on for much time now actually, I just didn;t defrag, but now I really need to. I'm thinking I can also create an image of the whole raid array and store it on the 120gb and then format and then copy it again, but I don't think that'll really help. Also, what's a good disk integrity checker for a raid array?

Hilbert space is a big place.

gaviota

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Maybe one of the disks in your array is about to buy the farm.

What RAID controller do you have? I have a Promise chip in my Asus A7V333 motherboard and I started getting the same problem after a BIOS update. I went back to the previous BIOS version and the problem disappeared. Have you done any BIOS updates lately?