MVP 2005 with GamePad Pro?

Does anyone know if it's possible to use a Gravis GamePad Pro with MVP
Baseball 2005? Last year, with MVP 2004, there was a workaround for it, but
this year it seems as if the game will not let me use my gamepad...it looks
like a great game but I'm just pissed to see they want you to buy a new
gamepad just for one game. This is the only game I have in which I can't
use my GamePad Pro...I don't know but it seems to me like it wouldn't be
that hard to support a 10-button generic gamepad, especially since older
games (like MVP 2003) supported it just fine. I don't really want to buy a
new gamepad for only one game so if anyone knows how to use a GamePad Pro
I'd be glad to know how. Thanks!

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

Please read an earlier thread "Mvp baseball gamepad" I posted the supported
game pads in there from the read me.

:)

--
Jamie

Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know
whether you did it or not.
....O.W.

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats
....Howard Aiken
"Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if it's possible to use a Gravis GamePad Pro with MVP
> Baseball 2005? Last year, with MVP 2004, there was a workaround for it,
> but
> this year it seems as if the game will not let me use my gamepad...it
> looks
> like a great game but I'm just pissed to see they want you to buy a new
> gamepad just for one game. This is the only game I have in which I can't
> use my GamePad Pro...I don't know but it seems to me like it wouldn't be
> that hard to support a 10-button generic gamepad, especially since older
> games (like MVP 2003) supported it just fine. I don't really want to buy
> new gamepad for only one game so if anyone knows how to use a GamePad Pro
> I'd be glad to know how. Thanks!

I know I know I know...but last year, in MVP 2004, the GamePad Pro wasn't
officially supported either, but EA had posted a workaround on their website
to be able to use it. I was wondering if there was a way to do the same
this year.

"Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote in message
> Please read an earlier thread "Mvp baseball gamepad" I posted the
supported
> game pads in there from the read me.
>
> :)
>
> --
> Jamie
>
> Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
know
> whether you did it or not.
> ...O.W.
>
> Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
> you'll have to ram them down people's throats
> ...Howard Aiken
> "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know if it's possible to use a Gravis GamePad Pro with MVP
> > Baseball 2005? Last year, with MVP 2004, there was a workaround for it,
> > but
> > this year it seems as if the game will not let me use my gamepad...it
> > looks
> > like a great game but I'm just pissed to see they want you to buy a new
> > gamepad just for one game. This is the only game I have in which I
can't
> > use my GamePad Pro...I don't know but it seems to me like it wouldn't be
> > that hard to support a 10-button generic gamepad, especially since older
> > games (like MVP 2003) supported it just fine. I don't really want to
buy
> > new gamepad for only one game so if anyone knows how to use a GamePad
Pro
> > I'd be glad to know how. Thanks!

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

Oh.... :( Hmmm

I'm not sure. If you aren't set on the game pad pro, maybe you should look
into getting another controller. The Saitek P880 is only 20 bucks and It
has dual analog sticks. Jus' a thought. If you are strapped for cash, EB
Games will takes games and DVDs for in store credit.

--

>I know I know I know...but last year, in MVP 2004, the GamePad Pro wasn't
> officially supported either, but EA had posted a workaround on their
> website
> to be able to use it. I was wondering if there was a way to do the same
> this year.
>

> "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote in message
>> Please read an earlier thread "Mvp baseball gamepad" I posted the
> supported
>> game pads in there from the read me.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> --
>> Jamie
>>
>> Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
> know
>> whether you did it or not.
>> ...O.W.
>>
>> Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
>> you'll have to ram them down people's throats
>> ...Howard Aiken
>> "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
>> > Does anyone know if it's possible to use a Gravis GamePad Pro with MVP
>> > Baseball 2005? Last year, with MVP 2004, there was a workaround for
>> > it,
>> > but
>> > this year it seems as if the game will not let me use my gamepad...it
>> > looks
>> > like a great game but I'm just pissed to see they want you to buy a new
>> > gamepad just for one game. This is the only game I have in which I
> can't
>> > use my GamePad Pro...I don't know but it seems to me like it wouldn't
>> > be
>> > that hard to support a 10-button generic gamepad, especially since
>> > older
>> > games (like MVP 2003) supported it just fine. I don't really want to
> buy
>> > new gamepad for only one game so if anyone knows how to use a GamePad
> Pro
>> > I'd be glad to know how. Thanks!

Well, I'll possibly buy some new gamepads in a few months anyway, I just
thought I could've used my GamePad Pro in the meantime. I just don't
understand why the GamePad Pros won't work/be supported in this game...this
is beyond my understanding :-(

> Oh.... :( Hmmm
>
> I'm not sure. If you aren't set on the game pad pro, maybe you should
look
> into getting another controller. The Saitek P880 is only 20 bucks and It
> has dual analog sticks. Jus' a thought. If you are strapped for cash, EB
> Games will takes games and DVDs for in store credit.
>

> --
> Jamie
>
> Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
know
> whether you did it or not.
> ...O.W.
>
> Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
> you'll have to ram them down people's throats
> ...Howard Aiken
> "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> >I know I know I know...but last year, in MVP 2004, the GamePad Pro wasn't
> > officially supported either, but EA had posted a workaround on their
> > website
> > to be able to use it. I was wondering if there was a way to do the same
> > this year.
> >

> > "Jamie" <whats_an_email@what.com> wrote in message
> >> Please read an earlier thread "Mvp baseball gamepad" I posted the
> > supported
> >> game pads in there from the read me.
> >>
> >> :)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jamie
> >>
> >> Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to
> > know
> >> whether you did it or not.
> >> ...O.W.
> >>
> >> Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
good,
> >> you'll have to ram them down people's throats
> >> ...Howard Aiken
> >> "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
MVP
> > can't