MVP 2005 player detail?

Just another gripe about MVP Baseball 2005 bitching about hardware: this
time, it's my video card. I can't change the player detail level from low
because I have a GeForce 2 MX 400. I know it's old and not fast by today's
standards, but I could play MVP 2004 perfectly at 1024x768 32 bit color last
year with player detail set to high (yes...), and I can also play NBA Live
2005 perfectly at 1024x768 without any major slowdown (I have a P4 1.7 GHz
and 1Gb RAM). Therefore, I don't believe my video card is "not powerful
enough to render the higher detail settings" as EA mentions on their
website. Sometimes I wonder if they have working agreements with hardware
manufacturers to make the games work only with recent devices and fail with
older ones even though they would work perfectly well...

GeForce 2 and you're trying to run current games? Buy a Xbox already and be
done with it. You can get a console and a console version of MVP for less
than the price of a decent video card. AND it will look better (on a HDTV
anyway).

"Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
> Just another gripe about MVP Baseball 2005 bitching about hardware: this
> time, it's my video card. I can't change the player detail level from low
> because I have a GeForce 2 MX 400. I know it's old and not fast by
> today's
> standards, but I could play MVP 2004 perfectly at 1024x768 32 bit color
> last
> year with player detail set to high (yes...), and I can also play NBA Live
> 2005 perfectly at 1024x768 without any major slowdown (I have a P4 1.7 GHz
> and 1Gb RAM). Therefore, I don't believe my video card is "not powerful
> enough to render the higher detail settings" as EA mentions on their
> website. Sometimes I wonder if they have working agreements with hardware
> manufacturers to make the games work only with recent devices and fail
> with
> older ones even though they would work perfectly well...

I never said I wanted to get a new card...I said my GeForce 2 was able to
run last year's MVP perfectly, and this year's NBA Live 2005 perfectly as
well, both with almost full detail. I'll buy another card when it'll be
time to do so, but what I said was that I was pissed at the fact that the
game would intentionally disable some graphic options to force (sic) me to
buy a new card when I know mine would work perfectly.