Winning eleven 8..........

I am very close to buying this game...................

anyone here got it, what do u think?

Ive read there are some official teams in there now, for the teams that
are not official, is there an ability to alter the stats/names to make
them lifelike?

any other info appreciated

cheers

Lee

It's gotten rave reviews for its superior gameplay.

Jonah Falcon

On 11 Mar 2005 19:28:37 -0800, "waxwabbit" <waxwabbit@altavista.com>
wrote:

>I am very close to buying this game...................
>
>anyone here got it, what do u think?
>
>Ive read there are some official teams in there now, for the teams that
>are not official, is there an ability to alter the stats/names to make
>them lifelike?
>
>any other info appreciated
>
>cheers
>
>Lee

I'm sure some one will mod it to make it lifelike. I have Eleven 7 and
I downloaded a 500mb mod that gave me real teams and player names.

>I am very close to buying this game...................
>
> anyone here got it, what do u think?
>
> Ive read there are some official teams in there now, for the teams that
> are not official, is there an ability to alter the stats/names to make
> them lifelike?
>
> any other info appreciated
>
> cheers

This is the same as Pro Evolution 4 here in the U.K., I believe.
It's a fantastic game.
Just the finest sports simulation ever created. The first time you hit the
back of the net with a vicious, dipping half volley from 20+ yards, you will
laugh out loud and watch the replay over and over again.
Marvellous.

FIFA ? ....LOL !!!

redTed wrote:
>>I am very close to buying this game...................
>>
>>anyone here got it, what do u think?
>>
>>Ive read there are some official teams in there now, for the teams that
>>are not official, is there an ability to alter the stats/names to make
>>them lifelike?
>>
>>any other info appreciated
>>
>>cheers
>>

> This is the same as Pro Evolution 4 here in the U.K., I believe.
> It's a fantastic game.
> Just the finest sports simulation ever created. The first time you hit the
> back of the net with a vicious, dipping half volley from 20+ yards, you will
> laugh out loud and watch the replay over and over again.
> Marvellous.
>
> FIFA ? ....LOL !!!

What's the difference between WE7 and WE8? How much improvement is
there in gameplay, graphics, etc?

>> This is the same as Pro Evolution 4 here in the U.K., I believe.
>> It's a fantastic game.
>> Just the finest sports simulation ever created. The first time you hit
>> the back of the net with a vicious, dipping half volley from 20+ yards,
>> you will laugh out loud and watch the replay over and over again.
>> Marvellous.
>>
>> FIFA ? ....LOL !!!
> What's the difference between WE7 and WE8? How much improvement is there
> in gameplay, graphics, etc?

Not a HUGE difference gameplay, wise. Graphics are improved. Team management
seems better than before.
Seriously, there isn't much wrong with any of the Winning Eleven games
(Thanks a bunch, EA ! ). Apart from the lack of official licences and the
silly commentators it's pure brilliance.
I'm still trying to lob the 'keeper from the half way line. I hit the
crossbar a couple of times, but not put one in yet. Anybody managed this yet
?

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:31:42 -0000, "redTed" <redted@nthellworld.com>
wrote:

>Yes, it now works perfectly with my analogue PS2/USB controller .
>The GUI is still a pain in the neck, I agree. It seems like the last thing
>they think of when assembling the game.
>As for FIFA beating Winning Eleven in ANY area's, I disagree totally.
>Konami have captured the true feeling of football. Something EA can only
>dream of. I'm not knocking EA as I love the NHL and Madden games, they just
>can't seem to put the same effort into FIFA for some reason.

I'm comparing FIFA 2005 to Eleven7, I don't have Eleven8 so can't go
by that. Do you have FIFA 2005?

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

"waxwabbit" <waxwabbit@altavista.com> wrote in message
>I am very close to buying this game...................
>
> anyone here got it, what do u think?
>
> Ive read there are some official teams in there now, for the teams that
> are not official, is there an ability to alter the stats/names to make
> them lifelike?
>
> any other info appreciated
>
> cheers

Be careful...I bought W11-7 and it would not install because it detected
"copying software" on my computer. The only way to get it to install was to
let some protection scheme program scan my hard drive and then send the info
to the company that made the copy protection, which, not knowing what
information it was gathering, I refused to do. Besides, the only thing even
remotely related to copy software on my computer is Nero or Winrar. If this
version has the same copy protection, I'll pass.

turk
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:52:32 -0800, Connected
<connected@somewhere.here> wrote:

>>As for FIFA beating Winning Eleven in ANY area's, I disagree totally.
>>Konami have captured the true feeling of football. Something EA can only
>>dream of. I'm not knocking EA as I love the NHL and Madden games, they just
>>can't seem to put the same effort into FIFA for some reason.
>>
>I'm comparing FIFA 2005 to Eleven7, I don't have Eleven8 so can't go
>by that. Do you have FIFA 2005?

Well, you didn't answer my question so obviously you don't own FIFA
2005 which means you are not qualified to compare.

>>>As for FIFA beating Winning Eleven in ANY area's, I disagree totally.
>>>Konami have captured the true feeling of football. Something EA can only
>>>dream of. I'm not knocking EA as I love the NHL and Madden games, they
>>>just
>>>can't seem to put the same effort into FIFA for some reason.
>>>
>>I'm comparing FIFA 2005 to Eleven7, I don't have Eleven8 so can't go
>>by that. Do you have FIFA 2005?
>
> Well, you didn't answer my question so obviously you don't own FIFA
> 2005 which means you are not qualified to compare.

Sorry, I'm not watching these groups 24-7.

I've played the FIFA 2005 demo and it's a 3rd rate football game. Scottish
1st division at best.
Real leagues, teams, graphics and better announcers still won't "qualify"
FIFA 2005 to clean Pro Evo's boots at half-time.

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:28:04 -0000, "redTed" <redted@nthellworld.com>
wrote:

>Sorry, I'm not watching these groups 24-7.
>
>I've played the FIFA 2005 demo and it's a 3rd rate football game. Scottish
>1st division at best.
>Real leagues, teams, graphics and better announcers still won't "qualify"
>FIFA 2005 to clean Pro Evo's boots at half-time.

Both have their pluses and minuses, take off the blinders.

"turk" <turk96@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "waxwabbit" <waxwabbit@altavista.com> wrote in message
>>I am very close to buying this game...................
>>
>> anyone here got it, what do u think?
>>
>> Ive read there are some official teams in there now, for the teams that
>> are not official, is there an ability to alter the stats/names to make
>> them lifelike?
>>
>> any other info appreciated
>>
>> cheers
>
> Be careful...I bought W11-7 and it would not install because it detected
> "copying software" on my computer. The only way to get it to install was
> to let some protection scheme program scan my hard drive and then send the
> info to the company that made the copy protection, which, not knowing what
> information it was gathering, I refused to do. Besides, the only thing
> even remotely related to copy software on my computer is Nero or Winrar.
> If this version has the same copy protection, I'll pass.

Yeah, they're going to sell your information to al Quaeda.

Jonah Falcon

>>Sorry, I'm not watching these groups 24-7.
>>
>>I've played the FIFA 2005 demo and it's a 3rd rate football game. Scottish
>>1st division at best.
>>Real leagues, teams, graphics and better announcers still won't "qualify"
>>FIFA 2005 to clean Pro Evo's boots at half-time.
>>
> Both have their pluses and minuses, take off the blinders.

I think you will find they are called "blinkers".

Anyhow.

FIFA pluses:
:Graphics (debateable, but I'll give it EA for arguments
sake)
:Commentary
:Full analogue movement.
:Real Teams
:Real players
:Real Leagues

Winning Eleven pluses:
:Fantastic gameplay

You've obviously never kicked a ball.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 05:55:46 -0000, "redTed" <redted@nthellworld.com>
wrote:

>I think you will find they are called "blinkers".

Read and learn.

blinder (blìn´der) noun
1. blinders. A pair of leather flaps attached to a horse's
bridle to curtail side vision. Also called blinkers.
2. Something that serves to obscure clear perception and
discernment.

>You've obviously never kicked a ball.

Good enough to make it onto the school football team, moosh. You're
talking to a Brit that just happens to live in Canada. The gameplay in
Fifa 2005 is decent but not as good as Eleven7. Is Eleven8 that much
improved? You say the control is now analog and yet someone else says
it is still digital - me thinks you are full of shite. And at least
they don't run around like ants in Fifa 2005. The speed of the game in
Eleven7 is all wrong. It's football, not ice hockey. Eleven7 has some
better moves and that's all it has over Fifa 2005. Maybe Fifa 2006
will make some corrections for that, maybe not. EA would be wise to
pay some attention to the Eleven (Pro Evo) series and copy its
gameplay and up the ante, and bring back season play too.

In article <3a75ulF64e35kU1@individual.net>, redted@nthellworld.com
says...

> >>Sorry, I'm not watching these groups 24-7.
> >>
> >>I've played the FIFA 2005 demo and it's a 3rd rate football game. Scottish
> >>1st division at best.
> >>Real leagues, teams, graphics and better announcers still won't "qualify"
> >>FIFA 2005 to clean Pro Evo's boots at half-time.
> >>
> > Both have their pluses and minuses, take off the blinders.
>
> I think you will find they are called "blinkers".
>
> Anyhow.
>
> FIFA pluses:
> :Graphics (debateable, but I'll give it EA for arguments
> sake)
> :Commentary
> :Full analogue movement.
> :Real Teams
> :Real players
> :Real Leagues
>
> Winning Eleven pluses:
> :Fantastic gameplay
>

> You've obviously never kicked a ball.

I earned a soccer scholarship in college, so does that "qualify" me?
Whether it does or not, I'm adding my 2 cents. I bought Winning Eleven 8
because all I heard about was how much better the gameplay was than
Fifa. All I can say is hogwash.

At best, it is *slightly* better gameplay, but the controls are so
convoluted it's ridiculous. Not to mention the stupid game doesn't have
support for widescreen TVs nor is it in HD format. Overall it's a decent
game, but Fifa is far, far more polished.

--
Rob Berryhill

>>I think you will find they are called "blinkers".
>
> Read and learn.
>
> blinder (blìn´der) noun
> 1. blinders. A pair of leather flaps attached to a horse's
> bridle to curtail side vision. Also called blinkers.
> 2. Something that serves to obscure clear perception and
> discernment.
>

>>You've obviously never kicked a ball.
>
> Good enough to make it onto the school football team, moosh. You're
> talking to a Brit that just happens to live in Canada. The gameplay in
> Fifa 2005 is decent but not as good as Eleven7. Is Eleven8 that much
> improved? You say the control is now analog and yet someone else says
> it is still digital - me thinks you are full of shite. And at least
> they don't run around like ants in Fifa 2005. The speed of the game in
> Eleven7 is all wrong. It's football, not ice hockey. Eleven7 has some
> better moves and that's all it has over Fifa 2005. Maybe Fifa 2006
> will make some corrections for that, maybe not. EA would be wise to
> pay some attention to the Eleven (Pro Evo) series and copy its
> gameplay and up the ante, and bring back season play too.

A Canadian school football team ? Ha. That's like saying I made it onto the
English baseball team at school.
I grew up in London, Ontario and it's was pathetic how bad football is
coached over there. My little sister could run rings around the "good"
players.

I said that the controls now works with an analogue pad."Yes, it now works
perfectly with my analogue PS2/USB controller ." A little different to the
bollocks you seem to be making up as you go along.

You will find that people who really know football prefer Pro Evolution to
FIFA any day.

> I earned a soccer scholarship in college, so does that "qualify" me?

Unless it was for computer football games, I wouldn't think so.

> Whether it does or not, I'm adding my 2 cents. I bought Winning Eleven 8
> because all I heard about was how much better the gameplay was than
> Fifa. All I can say is hogwash.

> At best, it is *slightly* better gameplay, but the controls are so
> convoluted it's ridiculous. Not to mention the stupid game doesn't have
> support for widescreen TVs nor is it in HD format. Overall it's a decent
> game, but Fifa is far, far more polished.

What's so convoluted about the controls ? It's easy enough to play. Yes, the
difficult shots are hard to master, but that's fair, isn't it ?

Try hitting a wicked dipping half volley in FIFA...no, that's right, you
can't.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:02:52 -0000, "redTed" <redted@nthellworld.com>
wrote:

>A Canadian school football team ? Ha. That's like saying I made it onto the
>English baseball team at school.
>I grew up in London, Ontario and it's was pathetic how bad football is
>coached over there. My little sister could run rings around the "good"
>players.

I was playing football in England before you were born little boy.

>You will find that people who really know football prefer Pro Evolution to
>FIFA any day.

Did I ever say I prefer Fifa, dumbass? Remedial reading class perhaps?

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:09:34 -0000, "redTed" <redted@nthellworld.com>
wrote:

>What's so convoluted about the controls ? It's easy enough to play. Yes, the
>difficult shots are hard to master, but that's fair, isn't it ?
>
>Try hitting a wicked dipping half volley in FIFA...no, that's right, you
>can't.

You're forgetting one thing here. These are just games we are talking
about and not simulations.

>>A Canadian school football team ? Ha. That's like saying I made it onto
>>the
>>English baseball team at school.
>>I grew up in London, Ontario and it's was pathetic how bad football is
>>coached over there. My little sister could run rings around the "good"
>>players.
>
> I was playing football in England before you were born little boy.

I think not.

>>You will find that people who really know football prefer Pro Evolution to
>>FIFA any day.
>
> Did I ever say I prefer Fifa, dumbass? Remedial reading class perhaps?

See what happens when you start to get abusive ?
Sad.

>>What's so convoluted about the controls ? It's easy enough to play. Yes,
>>the
>>difficult shots are hard to master, but that's fair, isn't it ?
>>
>>Try hitting a wicked dipping half volley in FIFA...no, that's right, you
>>can't.
>>

> You're forgetting one thing here. These are just games we are talking
> about and not simulations.

And you're forgetting one game can pull off all the shots and the other
can't.

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:37:03 -0000, "redTed" <redted@nthellworld.com>
wrote:

>And you're forgetting one game can pull off all the shots and the other
>can't.

All the shots? Obviously you've never kicked a ball in your life.

>>And you're forgetting one game can pull off all the shots and the other
>>can't.
>>

> All the shots? Obviously you've never kicked a ball in your life.

Lol..
Get your own quips.

Obviously Pro Evo is far to intricate for a FIFA veteran.

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:37:03 -0000, "redTed" <redted@nthellworld.com>
wrote:

>> You were playing Football in England in 1964?
>
>Yes. I was 6 then.

Sorry, I realize you were in the UK then. Just wondering where. I was
in Portsmouth.

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:38:45 -0000, "redTed" <redted@nthellworld.com>
wrote:

>Lol..
>Get your own quips.
>
>Obviously Pro Evo is far to intricate for a FIFA veteran.

May as well sell my copy then.