City Taxes Question

Unfortunately with automated payment methods, I have been lax on my
screening my Sprint bill.

I have been in a new city, new zip code for over a year now (Covington, WA).
Yet on my bills I am still being billed for Redmond, WA city taxes and
Covington City taxes.

I would suspect that I should NOT have been paying Redmond City Taxes for
the year I have not lived there, right?

Steve Banks

---

O'Tay... ready for this...

Called up Sprint, they said there are three addresses for every account.
USPS mailing, billing, and coverage.
All I know is shortly after moving, like a week or so, I changed my billing,
mailing, address online with Sprint. There was no "coverage" address change
area to change that.

So I've been told that I will be receiving credit for all of the Redmond
City tax billings that have taken place. Well I plan to double check at a
Sprint store sometime next week to make sure this has been processed.

All of this comes right on the heels of my getting a "Loyal Customer" letter
in the mail. Wow, $150 savings on a new phone! All I have to do is sign up
for TWO more years (been with them since March 1999). Oh yeah, if I buy a
Vision phone I have TWO free months, then $15 a month there after for
features I have grown out of. So much of that stuff was neat when it came
out but I don't use anymore, web access, voice command, etc. Funny how the
offer ends 7 days before my current agreement ends.

Hell, the "Sprint PCS New For You Program" available to everyone is a
better deal because I would only have to sign up for a ONE year agreement.

Out of all of the phones they have, they only have TWO that are voice only.
Sorry this is NO Loyal Customer incentive when it's available to everyone
including new subscribers.

At this stage of the game I think it's worth looking into a new service.

Steve Banks (getting tired of Sprint, their agreement plans, their
antiquated phones)

"Steve Banks" <msftman_MyFinger_@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Unfortunately with automated payment methods, I have been lax on my
> screening my Sprint bill.
>
> I have been in a new city, new zip code for over a year now (Covington,
> WA). Yet on my bills I am still being billed for Redmond, WA city taxes
> and Covington City taxes.
>
> I would suspect that I should NOT have been paying Redmond City Taxes for
> the year I have not lived there, right?
>
> Steve Banks
>

> ---

---

Steve Banks wrote:

> O'Tay... ready for this...
>
> Called up Sprint, they said there are three addresses for every account.
> USPS mailing, billing, and coverage.

That would explain why I had a brief problem porting my Verizon number to
Sprint. Sprint was not sending my Apple Valley address to Verizon. They were
sending the address where my mother-in-law lived in Victorville, where we
stayed for a month while getting a house of our own. The Apple Valley address
is our billing address. I wonder which one the Victorville address is filed under.

>I would suspect that I should NOT have been paying Redmond City Taxes for
>the year I have not lived there, right?

What you haven't told us is whether or not you also changed your phone number
to the new city.

Taxes are based on the City that the service is in, not the billing address. I
have Dallas service on my Sprint phones yet I live way out in the country 4
counties away from Dallas and the bill comes out here. But it is a Dallas
number so I pay Dallas city taxes.

I have a T-Mobile phone number out of Orlando FL and pay Orlando, FL taxes too.

--
John S.

"John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote in message
> >I would suspect that I should NOT have been paying Redmond City Taxes for
>>the year I have not lived there, right?
>
> What you haven't told us is whether or not you also changed your phone
> number
> to the new city.
>
> Taxes are based on the City that the service is in, not the billing
> address. I
> have Dallas service on my Sprint phones yet I live way out in the country
> 4
> counties away from Dallas and the bill comes out here. But it is a Dallas
> number so I pay Dallas city taxes.
>
> I have a T-Mobile phone number out of Orlando FL and pay Orlando, FL taxes
> too.

Thanks John, I understand what you're saying, but don't see the logic.

How you describe it though... it should be an "Area Code" tax and not a city
tax. So your phone area code is different from the area code where you live.
Understandable.

Then take it a step further... the area code for the greater Dallas area,
does that area code service other cities? If so, are those city taxes the
same as they are for a person in Dallas proper? Probably not, each city is
applying their own tax rate within that area code.

So the area code makes sense to a point. Are they (cell phone companies) are
taking it yet one step further and using the three digits "following" the
area code. In that case then a person should have a choice because there
might be more than one tax rate for that area code.

Thanks,
Steve Banks

---