Cancellation Problem

I signed up for sprint pcs in aug, 2003 for a one year agreement. But
in december, 2003 I changed my plan to a regional plan that gives me
1000 anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends(starting from
7:00pm till 7:00am). Recently as the service grew worse in my area, I
decided to switch to T-mobile and infact did switch to it in hope that
I can cancel my sprint pcs. At the time of my change of plans to the
regional plan I am told by the rep that my contract instead of ending
in aug 2004 would now end in december 2004. I intended to change my
plan this month to the ($5) vacation plan for the next three months
before cancellation. For my sister who was in a similar situation, she
was offered a waiver of the cancellation fee of $150 dollars and asked
her to terminate it immediately so that they can have that number to
give to anotehr customer. When I called for the cancellation, the
first rep I talked to said my contract expires in dec 2004, so cannot
cancel it till then. The next time I talked to another representative,
he suddenly started saying that my contract doesn't expire untill dec
2005. I am quite surprised how they could have me sign for two year
when they orally commited me only for a year.
I talked to couple more reps but all of them say that thats how it
shows on their system. Is there a way to resolve this ? I mean, to
find a way to terminate my sprint pcs service without the termination
fee ?
I asked if they can play me the voice recording of the agreement that
says I signed for two years. They say they cannot play it for me, but
I can probably request it in writing from their corporate office. But
from my previous experiences, I know that its a very long path, and in
the meanwhile, my credit history could be effected if they send my
account to the collection agency.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jabili

The time spent on a "vacation" plan do not count toward satisfying your
Advantage Agreement term.

Jabili wrote:
> I signed up for sprint pcs in aug, 2003 for a one year agreement. But
> in december, 2003 I changed my plan to a regional plan that gives me
> 1000 anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends(starting from
> 7:00pm till 7:00am). Recently as the service grew worse in my area, I
> decided to switch to T-mobile and infact did switch to it in hope that
> I can cancel my sprint pcs. At the time of my change of plans to the
> regional plan I am told by the rep that my contract instead of ending
> in aug 2004 would now end in december 2004. I intended to change my
> plan this month to the ($5) vacation plan for the next three months
> before cancellation. For my sister who was in a similar situation, she
> was offered a waiver of the cancellation fee of $150 dollars and asked
> her to terminate it immediately so that they can have that number to
> give to anotehr customer. When I called for the cancellation, the
> first rep I talked to said my contract expires in dec 2004, so cannot
> cancel it till then. The next time I talked to another representative,
> he suddenly started saying that my contract doesn't expire untill dec
> 2005. I am quite surprised how they could have me sign for two year
> when they orally commited me only for a year.
> I talked to couple more reps but all of them say that thats how it
> shows on their system. Is there a way to resolve this ? I mean, to
> find a way to terminate my sprint pcs service without the termination
> fee ?
> I asked if they can play me the voice recording of the agreement that
> says I signed for two years. They say they cannot play it for me, but
> I can probably request it in writing from their corporate office. But
> from my previous experiences, I know that its a very long path, and in
> the meanwhile, my credit history could be effected if they send my
> account to the collection agency.
> Any advice would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Jabili

weird that they would extend your contract for just changing a plan. I've
changed plans before and gone back and forth when I have needed something
different. Unless you agreed to the contract extension, they can't
automatically extend it. I'd challenge them on it. Or you could consider
paying the early term fee, especially if it'll cost you more to stay with
them then to cancel.

Capt.

"Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> The time spent on a "vacation" plan do not count toward satisfying your
> Advantage Agreement term.
>

> Jabili wrote:
>> I signed up for sprint pcs in aug, 2003 for a one year agreement. But
>> in december, 2003 I changed my plan to a regional plan that gives me
>> 1000 anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends(starting from
>> 7:00pm till 7:00am). Recently as the service grew worse in my area, I
>> decided to switch to T-mobile and infact did switch to it in hope that
>> I can cancel my sprint pcs. At the time of my change of plans to the
>> regional plan I am told by the rep that my contract instead of ending
>> in aug 2004 would now end in december 2004. I intended to change my
>> plan this month to the ($5) vacation plan for the next three months
>> before cancellation. For my sister who was in a similar situation, she
>> was offered a waiver of the cancellation fee of $150 dollars and asked
>> her to terminate it immediately so that they can have that number to
>> give to anotehr customer. When I called for the cancellation, the
>> first rep I talked to said my contract expires in dec 2004, so cannot
>> cancel it till then. The next time I talked to another representative,
>> he suddenly started saying that my contract doesn't expire untill dec
>> 2005. I am quite surprised how they could have me sign for two year
>> when they orally commited me only for a year.
>> I talked to couple more reps but all of them say that thats how it
>> shows on their system. Is there a way to resolve this ? I mean, to
>> find a way to terminate my sprint pcs service without the termination
>> fee ?
>> I asked if they can play me the voice recording of the agreement that
>> says I signed for two years. They say they cannot play it for me, but
>> I can probably request it in writing from their corporate office. But
>> from my previous experiences, I know that its a very long path, and in
>> the meanwhile, my credit history could be effected if they send my
>> account to the collection agency.
>> Any advice would be appreciated.
>> Thanks,
>> Jabili

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Send A e-mail to Bill Esray Jr.
He is the CEO of Sprint
It worked for me when CS could not help !

"Capn" <capn@charter.net> wrote in message
> weird that they would extend your contract for just changing a plan. I've
> changed plans before and gone back and forth when I have needed something
> different. Unless you agreed to the contract extension, they can't
> automatically extend it. I'd challenge them on it. Or you could consider
> paying the early term fee, especially if it'll cost you more to stay with
> them then to cancel.
>
> Capt.
>
> "Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > The time spent on a "vacation" plan do not count toward satisfying your
> > Advantage Agreement term.
> >

> > Jabili wrote:
> >> I signed up for sprint pcs in aug, 2003 for a one year agreement. But
> >> in december, 2003 I changed my plan to a regional plan that gives me
> >> 1000 anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends(starting from
> >> 7:00pm till 7:00am). Recently as the service grew worse in my area, I
> >> decided to switch to T-mobile and infact did switch to it in hope that
> >> I can cancel my sprint pcs. At the time of my change of plans to the
> >> regional plan I am told by the rep that my contract instead of ending
> >> in aug 2004 would now end in december 2004. I intended to change my
> >> plan this month to the ($5) vacation plan for the next three months
> >> before cancellation. For my sister who was in a similar situation, she
> >> was offered a waiver of the cancellation fee of $150 dollars and asked
> >> her to terminate it immediately so that they can have that number to
> >> give to anotehr customer. When I called for the cancellation, the
> >> first rep I talked to said my contract expires in dec 2004, so cannot
> >> cancel it till then. The next time I talked to another representative,
> >> he suddenly started saying that my contract doesn't expire untill dec
> >> 2005. I am quite surprised how they could have me sign for two year
> >> when they orally commited me only for a year.
> >> I talked to couple more reps but all of them say that thats how it
> >> shows on their system. Is there a way to resolve this ? I mean, to
> >> find a way to terminate my sprint pcs service without the termination
> >> fee ?
> >> I asked if they can play me the voice recording of the agreement that
> >> says I signed for two years. They say they cannot play it for me, but
> >> I can probably request it in writing from their corporate office. But
> >> from my previous experiences, I know that its a very long path, and in
> >> the meanwhile, my credit history could be effected if they send my
> >> account to the collection agency.
> >> Any advice would be appreciated.
> >> Thanks,
> >> Jabili

You better read the terms of each plan on the website as for a number of
years every plan required a 1 or 2 year Advantage Agreement. Switching to a
plan gives tacit agreement to that plan and the terms associated to it.
Adding certain options automatically ups it to the 2 year AA.

Chris

"Capn" <capn@charter.net> wrote in message
> weird that they would extend your contract for just changing a plan. I've
> changed plans before and gone back and forth when I have needed something
> different. Unless you agreed to the contract extension, they can't
> automatically extend it. I'd challenge them on it. Or you could consider
> paying the early term fee, especially if it'll cost you more to stay with
> them then to cancel.
>
> Capt.
>
> "Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> The time spent on a "vacation" plan do not count toward satisfying your
>> Advantage Agreement term.
>>

>> Jabili wrote:
>>> I signed up for sprint pcs in aug, 2003 for a one year agreement. But
>>> in december, 2003 I changed my plan to a regional plan that gives me
>>> 1000 anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends(starting from
>>> 7:00pm till 7:00am). Recently as the service grew worse in my area, I
>>> decided to switch to T-mobile and infact did switch to it in hope that
>>> I can cancel my sprint pcs. At the time of my change of plans to the
>>> regional plan I am told by the rep that my contract instead of ending
>>> in aug 2004 would now end in december 2004. I intended to change my
>>> plan this month to the ($5) vacation plan for the next three months
>>> before cancellation. For my sister who was in a similar situation, she
>>> was offered a waiver of the cancellation fee of $150 dollars and asked
>>> her to terminate it immediately so that they can have that number to
>>> give to anotehr customer. When I called for the cancellation, the
>>> first rep I talked to said my contract expires in dec 2004, so cannot
>>> cancel it till then. The next time I talked to another representative,
>>> he suddenly started saying that my contract doesn't expire untill dec
>>> 2005. I am quite surprised how they could have me sign for two year
>>> when they orally commited me only for a year.
>>> I talked to couple more reps but all of them say that thats how it
>>> shows on their system. Is there a way to resolve this ? I mean, to
>>> find a way to terminate my sprint pcs service without the termination
>>> fee ?
>>> I asked if they can play me the voice recording of the agreement that
>>> says I signed for two years. They say they cannot play it for me, but
>>> I can probably request it in writing from their corporate office. But
>>> from my previous experiences, I know that its a very long path, and in
>>> the meanwhile, my credit history could be effected if they send my
>>> account to the collection agency.
>>> Any advice would be appreciated.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jabili

I did all my changes in the stores, and had no problems and no extensions. I
even did it when I was on a month by month basis.

Capt.

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message

In article <cf5e4809.0409072334.76f3138b@posting.google.com>,
gjosyula@gmail.com says...
> I talked to couple more reps but all of them say that thats how it
> shows on their system. Is there a way to resolve this ? I mean, to
> find a way to terminate my sprint pcs service without the termination
> fee ?

It sure will show that way. Because the nights starting at 7PM requires
a 2-year Advantage Agreement. Obviously, I can't know what transpired
between you and the rep you spoke to at that time. But I know that
option required a 2-year agreement.

Unless you can prove you didn't agree to the 2 years, you're obligated.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Although people, including myself, have referred to it as a plan, it
might more properly be referred to as a "Vacation Hold". It basically,
for a $5 monthly fee, puts your plan on hold, and resumes it including
the remaining term of your Advantage Agreement, if there is one.
Meaning that you can put your plan on Vacation Hold even when on a month
to month basis.

Capn wrote:

> weird that they would extend your contract for just changing a plan. I've
> changed plans before and gone back and forth when I have needed something
> different. Unless you agreed to the contract extension, they can't
> automatically extend it. I'd challenge them on it. Or you could consider
> paying the early term fee, especially if it'll cost you more to stay with
> them then to cancel.
>
> Capt.
>
> "Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>The time spent on a "vacation" plan do not count toward satisfying your
>>Advantage Agreement term.
>>

>>Jabili wrote:
>>
>>>I signed up for sprint pcs in aug, 2003 for a one year agreement. But
>>>in december, 2003 I changed my plan to a regional plan that gives me
>>>1000 anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends(starting from
>>>7:00pm till 7:00am). Recently as the service grew worse in my area, I
>>>decided to switch to T-mobile and infact did switch to it in hope that
>>>I can cancel my sprint pcs. At the time of my change of plans to the
>>>regional plan I am told by the rep that my contract instead of ending
>>>in aug 2004 would now end in december 2004. I intended to change my
>>>plan this month to the ($5) vacation plan for the next three months
>>>before cancellation. For my sister who was in a similar situation, she
>>>was offered a waiver of the cancellation fee of $150 dollars and asked
>>>her to terminate it immediately so that they can have that number to
>>>give to anotehr customer. When I called for the cancellation, the
>>>first rep I talked to said my contract expires in dec 2004, so cannot
>>>cancel it till then. The next time I talked to another representative,
>>>he suddenly started saying that my contract doesn't expire untill dec
>>>2005. I am quite surprised how they could have me sign for two year
>>>when they orally commited me only for a year.
>>>I talked to couple more reps but all of them say that thats how it
>>>shows on their system. Is there a way to resolve this ? I mean, to
>>>find a way to terminate my sprint pcs service without the termination
>>>fee ?
>>>I asked if they can play me the voice recording of the agreement that
>>>says I signed for two years. They say they cannot play it for me, but
>>>I can probably request it in writing from their corporate office. But
>>>from my previous experiences, I know that its a very long path, and in
>>>the meanwhile, my credit history could be effected if they send my
>>>account to the collection agency.
>>>Any advice would be appreciated.
>>>Thanks,
>>>Jabili

>Send A e-mail to Bill Esray Jr.
>He is the CEO of Sprint
>It worked for me when CS could not help !

Bill left several months back. I don't know who is there now.

Bill is a freind of mine.

--
John S.

"John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote in message news:20040912095331.26483.00000745@mb-m07.aol.com...
> >Send A e-mail to Bill Esray Jr.
>>He is the CEO of Sprint
>>It worked for me when CS could not help !
>
> Bill left several months back. I don't know who is there now.
>
> Bill is a freind of mine.
> --
> John S.

If Bill were really a friend of yours, I'd think you'd have made the effort
to correct the mis-spelling of his name.
OTOH, if you can't spell "friend", maybe you can't spell Bill's name, either.
---JRC---